Jandre2k3's Candy Bubba Bean Poppin' Fun!

So I finally, as a fluke, called David's glass pipe company, and guess who answered the phone! So, I proceeded to tel him my woes with the lights, and while he felt badly about how things went with the LED company, he simply does not have, nor can he get, the parts to make my lights work again. The Chinese maker had screwed him royally, and he can no longer get replacement parts. I told him that I still had a 270tru with one COB out that was his, and asked him if I could cannibalize it for the drivers for the 2 of 90TRU lights that are mine. He said that absolutely I could do that, and also If I had any further issues, while it's not ideal, I could also try contacting CT (the Chinese makers of these lights), to get parts from them, as they had failed to keep their end of the bargain with David.

So . . . Here's the dilemma: As there is no help directly from the person from which the lights came originally, do I go to CT for possible help? Should I trust these hands to solder on PC boards again? It's been 25 years since I've held a soldering iron. Should I cannibalize this 270w fixture for its two remaining working drivers, and hope for the best?

Well, well, well. . . . . Jason over at CT in China has been in contact with me throughout the night, and is passing my message along to HIS repair person to get the replacement hardware sent out to me. He was very curious as to why I was contacting him instead of my supplier. I kindly explained to him the whole situation, including the fact that David is unwilling to uphold the 3-year warranty, amd we shall se what becomes of that. I'm now only waiting for "Grace" to contact me about the parts needed to fix the issue.

FINALLY, some headway!!!!

in other news:

I over-water new seedlings- Their response coming up on jandre2k3 news at 10

DSCN14823.JPG

In tonight's top news story, jandre2k3, renowned fuck-up, kept rockwool squares under the dome a little too long, and ended up over-watering brand new seedlings before the first pair of leaves were fully formed. Normally a little moisture is okay, and even encouraged. But one fateful day, jandre2k3 thinking he was doing okay, left the dome over the rockwool cubes too long and drowned his newly germinated seedlings. Most growers know this as "damping off" and is the bane of a seed grower's project.

DSCN14838.JPG
DSCN14848.JPG
DSCN148512.JPG

"This isn't the first time either!" he exclaims in an interview. "I did this very same thing about a year and a half ago with a really expensive germination of Purple OG #18."

Those that follow jandre2k3's grows are sometimes beset by the snickers watching as he fucks things up and turns a perfectly good grow into a dud. This time is no different, as he's done it again. Sorry jandre2k3, keep on trying, you'll get it right one day.

So I finally, as a fluke, called David's glass pipe company, and guess who answered the phone! So, I proceeded to tel him my woes with the lights, and while he felt badly about how things went with the LED company, he simply does not have, nor can he get, the parts to make my lights work again. The Chinese maker had screwed him royally, and he can no longer get replacement parts. I told him that I still had a 270tru with one COB out that was his, and asked him if I could cannibalize it for the drivers for the 2 of 90TRU lights that are mine. He said that absolutely I could do that, and also If I had any further issues, while it's not ideal, I could also try contacting CT (the Chinese makers of these lights), to get parts from them, as they had failed to keep their end of the bargain with David.

So . . . Here's the dilemma: As there is no help directly from the person from which the lights came originally, do I go to CT for possible help? Should I trust these hands to solder on PC boards again? It's been 25 years since I've held a soldering iron. Should I cannibalize this 270w fixture for its two remaining working drivers, and hope for the best?

I would suggest reaching out to Wizgrow, because I am pretty sure he was the one that reached out to them in the past, and had just about the same luck/if not worse with them "if my memory serves me correctly". I know he had ordered some center cobs from them and so if you reach out to him he might be able to share his experience and suggestions of who to speak with or even if its worth the time. Sorry to hear that man, its sad that the reliability of those lights is null, cause I really dug what the spectrum did for my plants. They worked rather well :)

One other suggestion would be to see if somehow you can get the specs of the driver from them, and maybe see if you can get a better brand driver for replacement like a meanwell. In this area I don't know a whole lot so I can't help too much. Another suggest I had brought up to David a while back was to drill larger holes in the panel itself, to allow for better airflow. If you are able to get another driver, maybe while the top of the light is off drill some larger vent holes in it to help cool it better as I feel that this is one of the fail points of the lights, they just get too hot.

I will look in my box of LED stuff to see if I have one laying around, I know back during my sponsorship I had an extra but for some reason I think I sent it back with my Gen 1 lights, man I wish I would have kept the gen 1s. I do have an extra PCB board, but it does NOT have a center cob attached. Its just the board and components. When my light went bad, I replaced the driver, and that helped fix the issue, so I'm pretty sure the failiar is the driver.

Hope this helps bro....

I would suggest reaching out to Wizgrow, because I am pretty sure he was the one that reached out to them in the past, and had just about the same luck/if not worse with them "if my memory serves me correctly". I know he had ordered some center cobs from them and so if you reach out to him he might be able to share his experience and suggestions of who to speak with or even if its worth the time. Sorry to hear that man, its sad that the reliability of those lights is null, cause I really dug what the spectrum did for my plants. They worked rather well :)

One other suggestion would be to see if somehow you can get the specs of the driver from them, and maybe see if you can get a better brand driver for replacement like a meanwell. In this area I don't know a whole lot so I can't help too much. Another suggest I had brought up to David a while back was to drill larger holes in the panel itself, to allow for better airflow. If you are able to get another driver, maybe while the top of the light is off drill some larger vent holes in it to help cool it better as I feel that this is one of the fail points of the lights, they just get too hot.

I will look in my box of LED stuff to see if I have one laying around, I know back during my sponsorship I had an extra but for some reason I think I sent it back with my Gen 1 lights, man I wish I would have kept the gen 1s. I do have an extra PCB board, but it does NOT have a center cob attached. Its just the board and components. When my light went bad, I replaced the driver, and that helped fix the issue, so I'm pretty sure the failiar is the driver.

Hope this helps bro....

This has been continued over on my next journal, Here, " Jandre2k3's BID RIP Bean Party - Thanks Big Guy! "

Alrighty:

So got some news back from China. Emily (蓝雪松) with the parts people is looking into the problem and will e-mail me when they have worked a solution. She made the mistake of asking me for pictures. . . . she got 2 e-mails with 10MB each of pictures, scaled down so I could fit more in one e-mail. We spoke via skype, and she can see everything from the outside pretty well. I dunno if she's gonna need me to open the cases and take pics of those or not.

Any(whom). . . . yeah... there's that.

Back
Top Bottom