Jay's Noob Organic Soil Grow: Green Crack, White Widow, The Purp

hmm definitely something to look into thank you so much. Big Bloom is organic but not the other 2 from fox and did you notice any change when you watered at ph 7 instead of 6.5?

hmm definitely something to look into thank you so much. Big Bloom is organic but not the other 2 from fox and did you notice any change when you watered at ph 7 instead of 6.5?
Thanks @r0am1ng st0ner ! So far I've managed to avoid using FF altogether and have been able to keep it all organic, but I do have them on-hand should something need quick remediation.

I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not, but I noticed a progression of an issue on the leaves of The Purp. It only effects leaves on the 2nd and 3rd node sets and nothing lower or higher than that. Although it is showing "tacoing" all over which makes me think heat stress. Yesterday I turned off the house AC and we hit 29C in the tent during the day with about 75% humidity -- which the other two plants seem to be tolerating. I kicked on the house AC an hour ago so I can get that down a bit back to 27C... I can also turn up the fans to squeeze out another couple of degrees without knocking my RH below 60%.

Another thought I had on possible environmental factors is could those leaves have been rubbing against the fabric pot? It's just so weird that it's only on one level (i.e., nodes 2&3).

I was thinking of posting the issue today in the forms, but here's a look. Would appreciate any thoughts :) :

20200721_115638.jpg

20200721_115623.jpg

June 23, 2020 (VEG Day 26)

Turning down the humidity and turning up my exhaust fan a bit seems to have slowed the "necrosis" (for lack of a better term) which makes me suspect the issue could be fungal. To be safe I trimmed off the bottom couple of nodes including the bottom-most side branches. I was planning on doing this in a couple weeks when they were a bit more established, but oh well I've committed now :)

I fully expect this will set me back a bit. Now if I see any signs of it continuing I'll know it's an issue with the soil or watering and not likely the environment. Also it was getting next to impossible to water without splashing on the leaves because the plants were just so short and stout -- I should be able to avoid that now.

I did notice a bit of tip burn on all 3 plants / leaves, so I think my last nutrient additions weren't well received. I think I'll just let the soil carry them for a few weeks and not mess with nutrients until I have a clear indication of an issue. Of course I'll keep adding compost tea for the microbes (1 gal filtered water, 1 tsp worm castings, 1 tsp kelp meal, 1 tsp molasses, and 1/4 cup worm leachate).

20200723_115037.jpg

July 26 (VEG DAY 29)
Lights
Type: Mars Hydro TS 3000W
Light Schedule: 18/6
Distance from Lights: 64"
Par: Avg 250-280 μmol/s/m2

Watering
Compost tea 1/2 tsp kelp meal, 1/2 tsp worm compost, 1/4 cup of worm leachate, small handful of cow manure compost and 1 gallon of filtered tap water. pH of this came out to 8.4!!! It took almost 20 ml of vinegar to lower this down to my target 6.0 (see updates below for why I'm going so low).

Soil
See first post.

Environment
Temperature: 27C Day Cycle / 20C Night Cycle
Relative Humidity: Upped to 60-77% Day/Night Cycle

Dates
Seed Drop: June 22, 2020
Veg Start: June 28, 2020

Updates
I think the issues I’ve been having are actually soil pH. I've been pretty good about adjusting my teas down to 6.5 before watering but I haven't actually checked run-off. Today I thought I’d check run-off after watering at 6.0pH and the run-off was 7.3. I’m guessing that the soil must be over 8pH!!!

I think next time in my soil mix I’m going to replace the coco with peat -- I think that’s caused issues in my last two grows.

For the fun of it I checked the pH of my compost tea after adding in the kelp meal and it went up from 7.2 to 8.4 for ½ tbsp kelp meal per gallon!! By the time I add in enough vinegar to get this back down to 6.0 I’m not sure if any of my compost tea organisms are even alive having grown up in an environment of 1/4 that acidity! I’m going to have to consider making a compost tea that’s more acidic (I’m assuming lactic acid would work for this) -- I’ll have to look at my options.

Anyway, I put all the plants through some LST this morning -- just separating out the colas and allowing more light penetration. If all goes well I’ll be looking at a flower flip in the next 2 weeks. I’m targeting mid-August for the flip. I’ll also put them in their final 10 gal pots with a different soil mix (peat based instead of coco based) just before flip as well.

Timelapse in the last week -- not too much happening I'm afraid! You can see I go in and manually LST everything daily; but until today I didn't actually tie them down.

Green Crack has some obvious tip burn on the lower leaves but newer ones seem fine.
20200726_121937.jpg

White Widow is ready to take off... if they all looked like her I'd flip the 12/12 switch. Instead I'm tying her down to get an even canopy and allow in more light.
20200726_121849.jpg

The Purp is still the runt of the bunch. It seems a bit more finicky than the other two.
20200726_121717.jpg

That's it for me until next weekend (assuming no major events!). Peace! :volcano-smiley:

Aug 1, 2020 (VEG Day 35)

Lights
Distance from Lights: 64"
Par: Avg 250-280 μmol/s/m2

Watering
I’ve been watering with filtered water every 3 days or so as the plants get close to 25% soil moisture. I pH the water down to about 6.1 and the run-off still comes out at 7.1-7.2

Soil
See first post.

Environment
Relative Humidity: 60-77% Day/Night Cycle

Dates

Updates
The Purp and Green Crack are both looking good. They are starting to bush out a bit -- new branching nodes are developing every day. White Widow, though, isn’t happy -- despite having the exact same soil/environment/watering as the other two. It seems as though it’s a bit sensitive to the nutrients (strong tip burn happening even in the new growth). New growth also looks a bit pale and washed out (almost like a Magnesium deficiency). I’m going to ride it out a bit and see if it corrects over time as the soil nutrients get used up. The “washed out” new growth I suspect is still because of the crazy pH. I could bring my water pH down to 5.5 pH next time in hopes of getting run-off in the higher 6’s. I’m hesitant to do this, though, as there seems to be mixed opinions on the value of run-off pH (perhaps because of the buffering capabilities of the soil???).

I’m going to start waiting for 2 weeks in-between time lapses so there’s more to see. When I flip to flower I hope to do a time laps compilation from the beginning.

WW (Tip burn and faded new growth aside I like the structure of this plant the best)
20200801_181418.jpg

Green Crack
20200801_181343.jpg

The Purp (also a bit of tip burn here too)
20200801_181234.jpg

Until next week :peace:

Aug 4, 2020 (VEG Day 38)

I have an early update as the high pH issues are taking their toll on the White Widow. I think I'm seeing a Manganese deficiency as it's only in the newer growth, veins are green and leaf material is yellow and there are brown spots on two different leaves.

Remediation - 3 Steps
Step 1. Foliar (very short term): At lights out last night I applied a foliar feed of Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra (Manganese 0.5%) at 2 ml / liter of unfiltered tap water ((Manganese ???%). The only thing I'm not sure about is that I left my fan blowing on the plants, so I suspect the feed probably dried off pretty quickly. I might repeat one more time tonight and turn the fan off to make sure the leaves get a nice long soak. Obviously that brings it's own dangers, but it'll be just for one night. The bottle says to apply weekly.

Step 2. Watering (short term): Second part of remediation will be a drastic drop in pH in my water. I've been adjusting the pH of my water down to 5.8-6.0 and achieving a run-off of 7.1-7.2. Manganese is best absorbed at 6.0 to 6.5. I'm worried that I'm really going to screw with my soil biology, but I think next watering I'll have to water in at a pH of 4.8 to 5.0 to achieve a run-off between 6.0 and 6.5.

Step 3. Soil (long term): I've mixed up some new soil for my next transplant and I've replaced the coco coir with just normal peat-based soil. I've also replaced my rather complex amendments with some organic fertilizers that already have the right proportion of amendments already mixed up, so my recipe for the new mix is a lot simpler and will hopefully get my run-off withing .5pH of my water going in! For 10 gallons I will use:

10 Gallon Soil Mix IngredientsPercentageLitersGallonsTbspCups
Peat-based Soil Mix40.00%15.1424.0
Perlite20.00%7.5712.0
Mushroom Compost30.00%11.3563.0
Earthworm Castings10.00%3.7851.0
GaiaGreen Organic 4-4-4 (50%)50.31
GaiaGreen Organic 2-8-4 (50%)50.31

Here's the best picture I could take to show the deficiency. It's amazing how quickly it has gone down-hill since the last picture.

20200804_110611.jpg

That's it for now. Fingers crossed we bounce back quickly! :nervous-guy:

Aug 9, 2020 (VEG Day 43)

Lights
Distance from Lights: 42"
Par: Avg 340-390 μmol/s/m2

Watering
I’ve been watering every 4 days or so as the plants get close to 25% soil moisture and feel very light. I’m watering with nutrients at 1020 tds (see below for details) and a pH of 5.5 to correct a high pH issue in the soil.

Soil
See first post.

Environment
Relative Humidity: Upped to 60-77% Day/Night Cycle

Dates

Updates
Well today SHOULD be the day that I flip to 12/12, but I’m still trying to get the plants healthy again. Last week I gave only “The Purp” some organic nutrients (bud juice) and the other two plants I just watered normally. “The Purp” is doing much better this week and the other two haven’t shown any signs of improvement at all (in fact they are looking worse each day). I’ve foliar sprayed with sensi calmag xtra, but it doesn’t seem to be helping at all. Maybe it needs to be done daily, or maybe the underlying issue isn’t manganese at all.

For watering this week I used 2 gallons of unfiltered tap water with ½ tsp superthrive, 50 ml budjuice,18 ml of sensi cal-mag, and 4 tsp of Humax (which in retrospect may be a bit too much as 2 tsp/gallon is meant for “large vegetables”). I also used ½ a tsp of kelp meal and 1 tsp molasses. I bubbled all of this for 48 hours and pH’d it down to 5.5 just before watering. Again I don’t know how many microbes are surviving that pH swing (pH of 8.4 -> 5.5), but I don’t have much choice right now.

Note I did say unfiltered tap water -- this is one of the newest changes I’ve made this week. One possible issue I hadn’t considered closely enough is that my water filter might be aggressively filtering out micronutrients (zinc, manganese, etc) instead of just chlorine. So, basically my new process is to put tap water into a 5 gallon bucket and bubble it for 24 hours, then after 24 hours put in my compost tea ingredients.

I also spent over $200 on a new bluelabs soil pH meter to get a better idea of my soil pH. After watering all plants with a pH of 5.5, the soil pH in each plant was between 6.3-6.5. Interestingly run-off is around 6.8 to 7.0 still.

The plants are very ready to be transplanted. The 3 gallon cloth pots are rock-hard. I have the new 10 gallons pots filled up with soil and ready to go. I’m holding off on transplanting a bit to allow the soil to start breaking down the amendments. I posted my new soil mix last journal entry I also added in 1.25 cups of greensand per pot. If the plants recover this week (which I expect they will) I’ll probably transplant and flip.

Oh, I also did a large trim of all the plants -- it was getting to the point that there wasn’t any way for me to even water them without drenching the leaves. Also, I usually do an extensive defoil about 2 weeks before flip.

As promised here's an update to the timelapse... I re-did it from the beginning as there hasn't been much to see in the last 2 weeks (they've all stalled a bit).

GC
20200809_115236.jpg

WW
20200809_115416.jpg

The Purp
20200809_115115.jpg

All 3 (Back Left is GC, Back Right is WW and front is The Purp)
20200809_123007.jpg

Until next week! :peace:

Aug 11, 2020 (VEG Day 45)
Updates
All 3 plants show improvement. I posted some before/after pictures below showing progress within 48 hours of supplying the bud juice and sensi cal-mag xtra at their recommended doses. I was surprised improvement could be seen so "quickly" in soil, I was expecting it to take a week to see anything.

So, since I saw improvement, I went ahead and transplanted them into 10 gallon pots with this soil mix (just 7 gallons because they are already in 3 gallon pots):

PercentageLitersGallonsTbspCups%
TOTAL26.4987.0
Peat-based Soil Mix40.00%10.5992.8
Perlite20.00%5.3001.4
Mushroom Compost30.00%7.9492.1
Earthworm Castings10.00%2.6500.7
GaiaGreen 4-4-4 (50%)3.50.2250.00%
GaiaGreen 2-8-4 (50%)3.50.2250.00%
Green Sand0.3020.21.26

This soil was only left to sit for 1 week -- I will aim for much longer next time (heck maybe I'll mix the soil up 6 months ahead!).

I’ve decided to wait 2 full weeks (Probably VEG day 60) for the flip. Hopefully that will give more time for the soil to mature and also for the roots to grow into their new space.

I’m planning on top dressing with Gaia Green organic fertilizer monthly (~the 11th of every month). I’ll only be using the power bloom stuff when I top-dress next. I’ll have to keep careful notes on this stuff as I’d like to use it for a lot of future grows (in fact I just ordered 2 more 10 kg bags of the power bloom for $80 each).

Well, I promised some pics from worst improved to best...

1) WW. Some improvement, but still a ways to go. This one has been worst struck presumably because it is the largest and has the highest nutritional demands.
_Before and After - WW.jpg

2) The Purp. The Purp looks the best but had the second-least improvements because it was the second nutritional feeding. Also this plant is the smallest of the three and so likely wasn't in such great need of nutrients.
_Before and After - Purp.jpg

3) GC. GC was almost like it was caught just-in-time to start a quick recovery. Still a ways to go, but clear improvement.
_Before and After - GC.jpg

Well that's it!! Peace!

Thanks for the compliment and thanks for following along!! :high-five:

Just so your fully aware;
My medium of choice is HP Pro with Mycorrhizae in it.
Hempy style and the only nutrients I give is;

Nutrients; ( per 4 liters/1gal )
Gaia green 444 all purpose (2 tbsp)
Gaia green 284 Flowering (2 tbsp)
Gaia Green Worm Castings (2 tbsp)

#1) Pre-mixing soil when transplanting plants into grow container...

Thoroughly mix into soil
(2 tbsp-444)
(2 tbsp-284)
(2 tbsp-WC) per (4L/1gal.) Into growing medium, Add the plant, water plant, done.
No food for 3 weeks, only water.

#2) Vegging
Gently dig/throughly mix
(1tbsp-444)
(1tbsp-284)
(1 tbsp-WC) per (4L/1gal.)
Into soil surface to mix everything.
Apply every 3 weeks untill your ready to flower.

#3) Flowering
Gently dig/throughly mix
(2tbsp-284)
(1tbsp-WC) per (4L/1gal.)
Into soil surface to mix everything.
Apply every 3 weeks untill flowing is done.

For me, it's working perfectly, Enjoy your weed.

Aug 16, 2020 (VEG Day 50)

Lights
Distance from Lights: 42"
Par: Avg 340-390 μmol/s/m2

Watering
I haven’t watered since my last log entry. The 10 gallon pots hold a lot so I suspect it will be a few more days before they need water. The top half of the pots are very dry and the bottom half are still moist, so I might have to consider some soil cover to keep the drying more even. I have rice hulls on hand and standard wood mulch as well, so either would work. For this week, though, I’m happy with the roots growing down in search of moisture.

Soil
See post on Aug 11, 2020

Environment
Relative Humidity: 50-70% Day/Night Cycle

Dates
Flip Target: Aug 26, 2020 (VEG Day 60)

Updates
I’m happy to report that this week was a week of rebound! The Purp and Green Crack have both bounced back… the WW is stretching and ready for flip but still shows lots of battle wounds and a bit of deficiency. They all seem to have a bit more of a blue tone than before -- could that be the iron in the Sensi Cal-Mag xtra? I know when I add iron to my lawn the grass turns a bit more blue. Maybe it's just the camera too -- I have a hard time getting consistent exposure on the cell phone. I’ll continue to supplement with sensi cal-mag xtra for one more feed and then I’ll do my best to “trust the soil” :)

On a side note I mixed up my next soil batch with a lot more Gaia Green amendments for my next grow. It’s gonna be a bit hot, I suspect, but I can always cut it with coco or peat if needed:

PercentageLitersGallonsTbspCups
TOTAL37.85410.0
Peat-based Soil Mix40.00%15.1424.0
Perlite20.00%7.5712.0
Mushroom Compost30.00%11.3563.0
Earthworm Castings10.00%3.7851.0
GaiaGreen 4-4-4 (50%)201.25
GaiaGreen 2-8-4 (50%)201.25
Green Sand0.4328.81.80
To 1/2 Gallon of Water
Superthrive.5 ml
Humax.5 tsp

I mixed up 30 gallons of the above for 3 plants and will let it sit for 3 or 4 months.

Here’s the “schedule” for the rest of my grow:

Aug 26 (VEG Day 60) - FLIP to 12/12
Sept 1 - 20 tbsp 2-8-4 per plant (1.25 cups / plant) that’s a ratio of 2 TBSP/gal
Sept 22 - 20 tbsp 2-8-4 per plant (1.25 cups / plant) that’s a ratio of 2 TBSP/gal
Oct 13 - 20 tbsp 2-8-4 per plant (1.25 cups / plant) that’s a ratio of 2 TBSP/gal
Nov 3 - Bud juice weekly until finished
Nov 3 - Harvest (Week 8) White Widow
Nov 17 - Harvest (Week 9 - 10) Green Crack

If I have any deficiencies at all I will supplement with budjuice and sensi cal-mag xtra pH’d as needed.

I’m going to mix up the pictures this week and show the progress of each plant in the last 6 days. If you didn’t catch my previous posts I was dealing with a crazy high soil pH and suffered what I believe to be a manganese deficiency.

WW:
WW_BEFORE_AFTER.jpg

The Purp:
PURP_BEFORE_AFTER.jpg

GC:
GC_BEFORE_AFTER.jpg

Aug 17, 2020 (VEG Day 51)
Just a small update today. I built a screen to help support the plants later in flower. I'm not attempting to fill the screen at all... if you'll remember at the beginning of this journal I'm not going for a huge yield -- 2 oz per plant would be fine for my personal consumption needs. I also gave them all 3L of compost tea and sensi cal-mag pH'd to 6.5. That's the last I'll add of the cal-mag unless I see issues.

I also added about 2 inches of rice hulls to the top of the soil to keep in some moisture. I plan on using a clean shop vac to collect it for reuse before top-dressing in a few weeks.

Not the tidiest tent by any means, but here are my changes:
20200817_135756.jpg

Aug 24 (VEG Day 58)
Lights
Distance from Lights: didn’t check… will next time
Par: didn’t check… will next time

Watering
I’ve switched up the watering a bit -- I’ve moved to self watering probe sticks instead. We’ll see how that goes… I put three probes in each of the 10 gallon fabric pots and fed them into a 5 gallon bucket filled with de-chlorinated water ph’d to 6.5. Other than that I’ve been watering with plain de-chlorinated tap water every 4 days.

Soil
See post on Aug 11, 2020

Environment
Relative Humidity: Upped to 62-73% Day/Night Cycle

Dates

Updates
I’ve taken 2 clones of each strain in case any of these are keepers. They’re in jiffy pots in my seedling/VEG tent.

Everything else seems to be doing okay. Green Crack and The Purp look normal to me, but the WW is still showing some high pH battle scars

Flip to 12/12 is coming in the next day or two. Looking forward to that as everything looks ready to me. I’m not planning on doing a ton of pruning. I’ll probably do one big defoil at week 2 including a lollipop, but that’ll likely be it.

SInce we're at the 2 week mark, here's a timelapse!

And a picture of the three... a bit droopy just before lights out... sorry!

20200824_220709.jpg

Until next week! :volcano-smiley:

Aug 25, 2020 (VEG Day 59)
Lights
Light Schedule: 12/12
Distance from Lights: 29"
Par: Avg 350 (edges) and 550 (center) μmol/s/m2

Environment
Relative Humidity: 50% and 60% (Humidifier and Dehumidifier)

Dates
Flower Start Date: Aug 26, 2020 (VEG DAY 60)

Updates
This is just a quick update on the lighting and humidity now that we've flipped to flower (12 hours darkness starts tomorrow).

Aug 27, 2020 (VEG Day 61)
Update: I accidentally set my lights to “on” instead of being on the 12/12 timer, so 12/12 won’t actually start until tomorrow morning (Day 62 VEG).

Growth has actually been absolutely crazy over the last couple of days -- I wonder if switching to 24/0 prompted something??

Aug 28, 2020 (Flower Day 1)
Flip begins today… I expect to see buds forming in the next two weeks (assuming they are all girls).

Aug 29, 2020 (Flower Day 2)
WW showing Mn deficiency again (followed by GC with a very faint deficiency), so I watered 3L of water to each plant with 4GAL compost tea + 30 ml sensi calmag xtra (2 ml per liter). Compost tea was made up of 4 tsp molasses, 1 TBSP kelp meal and 1 TBSP alfalfa meal and a handful of worm castings.

I didn’t pH this water… I went in at 7.2.

Clones - Day 10: no roots yet. I poured some of the compost tea on them too!

Aug 30, 2020 (Flower Day 3)
WW and GC look better today, so my watering must have helped. Really fighting heat issues in the tent… we hit 33.1C with the dehumidifier on, so I opened the door a bit a switched the dehumidifier to 60% from 40%. I may have to look at my air exchange, although the entire basement is a bit warm. I have an extra fan on hand and venting if needed, so I may have to look at that. I may also consider moving the humidifier outside of the tent… might be an option if it can keep up with the humidity of the tent’s intake air, but without heating up as much.

Aug 31 (Flower Day 4)
I’m still fighting with heat / humidity in flower. I pulled the dehumidifier out of the tent and am trying to lower the RH of the whole basement instead. We’ll see how that goes. I also took out the automatic watering system. When my blumats arrive they’ll need a water source high and outside the tent, so that will hopefully be one less source of humidity.

Sept 1 (Flower Day 5)
Lights
Distance from Lights: 22"
Par: Avg 500 (edges) and 800 (center) μmol/s/m2

Environment
Temperature: 26C Day Cycle / 20C Night Cycle
Relative Humidity: 45% and 50%

Dates
Flower Start Date: Aug 28, 2020 (VEG DAY 62)

Updates
Today, I top-dressing each plant with 1.25 cups of Gaia Green 2-8-4. I mixed this into the top inch of soil. I think I did probably break up some roots in the top inch of soil.

I also watered the plants with some compost tea with sensi cal-mag xtra. In the compost tea I put 4 gallons of tap water, bubbled it for 24 hours, then added 30 ml sensi cal-mag xtra, 4 tsp of molasses and 750 ml of composted manure and bubbled this for another 24 hours. For the last 4 hours of bubble I threw in about ¼ cup of ground up malted barley as well.

I’m not really liking my rice hulls as cover for the pots. When they dry out the fan blows them everywhere, also if my hands are even slightly damp they stick to my hands and make a mess. I haven’t decided if I’m going to cover with these again after my top dress or not. So far I’ve left them off.

Clones - Day 13: no roots yet. Lots of fading, though… hopefully they will pop roots soon.

Well here we are at flower day 5!

20200901_151259.jpg

20200901_151321.jpg

Sept 7, 2020 (Flower Day 11)
Lights
Distance from Lights: 29" (pulled lights up for the stretch)
Par: Avg 350 (edges) and 550 (center) μmol/s/m2

Watering
I’m watering with a blumat gravity fed system. My water is tap water bubbled at a minimum of 24 hours to dechlorinate (honestly probably not needed). I then adjust this water to a pH of 6.5 with vinegar.

Environment
Temperature: 25C Day Cycle / 20C Night Cycle
Relative Humidity: 45% and 50%

Dates

Updates
I installed some Blumats this week to manage soil moisture. I tried an alternative, but wasn’t happy with the moisture consistency.

Today I did a major defoil, well, what I consider major anyway. I trimmed off ⅓ of each plant and also trimmed a handful of leaves that couldn’t be tucked out of the way and were blocking potential bud sites. This will be my one and only trim. Anything moving forward will be LST (I have a bad habit of over-trimming, so I’m exercising some resolve in allowing the plant to do it’s own thing from here on in).

Sept 14, 2020 (Flower Day 18)
Lights
Distance from Lights: 18"
Par: Avg 500 (edges) and 940 (center) μmol/s/m2

Watering
I’m watering with a blumat gravity fed system. My water is tap water bubbled at a minimum of 24 hours to dechlorinate. I then adjust this water to a pH of 6.5 with vinegar. Reservoir is topped off 1 Gallon daily.

Environment
Relative Humidity: 55%-59%

Dates

Updates
Everything looks good to me. Not too much to update this week. The WW and GC look very similar to my last run with them. GC is high flower to leaf ratio and WW is the opposite being heavily leafed (I remember WW being a bugger to trim because of this).

Clones: both WW clones died. GC and The Purp rooted no problem. So I took 2 new WW clones in flower and put in rapid rooters this time instead. I’m also regulating the heat to 80F (26.6C). I’m going to attempt to get seeds from all 3 clones. I don’t know if I’m going to cross anything or not… I may just try to preserve them as-is by self-pollinating via collodial silver.

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to pull a timelapse video together next week as I found out my settings got switched to take a video every 3 seconds instead of every minute… might be too much of a pain in the butt to stitch together!!

20200914_111942.jpg

20200914_112045.jpg

20200914_112141.jpg

20200914_112345.jpg

Peace all... until next week! :peace:

Sept 19, 2020 (Flower Day 23)

Lights
Distance from Lights: 18" (I keep raising the lights too keep this distance constant)
Par: Avg 500 (edges) and 940 (center) μmol/s/m2

Watering
I’m watering with a blumat gravity fed system. My water is tap water bubbled at a minimum of 24 hours to dechlorinate. I then adjust this water to a pH of 6.5 with vinegar. Reservoir is topped off 1 1/3 gallon daily and about a tablespoon of vinegar is added to keep it at 6.5 (usually floats up to 6.6 every 24 hours).

Environment
Relative Humidity: 59% with peaks to 63%

Soil/Nutrients
Last top dressed each plant with 1.25 cups of Gaia Green 2-8-4 on Sept 1. With all the compost and worm castings in there I don’t think I’ll need to add anything else other than water.

Dates

Updates
Things are still going well. Water consumption has gone up a bit from 1 gallon per day to 1 ⅓ gallons per day for all 3 plants in total. GC has stretched a bit more in the last week and The Purp is starting to frost. The Purp is a 7 week strain whereas the WW is an 8 week strain and the GC is a 9-10 week strain, so maybe that’s why The Purp is the first to frost?

My humidity has been jumping up the last few days. My de-humidifier is set to kick in at 60%... I’ll probably have to lower that as we progress into flower. I’ve never had PM or bud rot, but I don’t want to start now!!

I was able to work through my timelapse issues with the camera and get a video out this week. I also found some free software that will convert photographs into a timelapse video, so I’ll switch the way I take the bi-weekly videos. Hopefully it should give higher resolution and also at the same time it should cut out the night shots.

Photos:
20200919_184329.jpg

20200919_184700.jpg

20200919_184535.jpg

20200919_184617.jpg

20200919_184740.jpg

20200919_184814.jpg

20200919_185012.jpg

20200919_185139.jpg

20200919_184700.jpg

Back