Kandi_Kush.jpg

Big_Devil_Thing_2_3_.jpg

Big_Devil_Thing_2_2_.jpg

Big_Devil_Thing_21.jpg

Big_Devil_Thing_1_2_.jpg

Big_Devil_Thing_11.jpg

Baby_2_.jpg

Baby13.jpg

:welcome: Everyone. Here is my weekly update for 3-21-2010. Baby (the unknown strain) that is flowering in the closet looks to be doing well. She is in day 14 of flowering. Just fed her today her favorite Fox Farm nutes - Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom :yahoo:

The Nursery contains the two Big Devil AutoFlower girls and the Kandi Kush (which is still vegging). The big devils are in day 25 (8th day of flowering). I also fed them their nutes today:yahoo: I am not sure what to do with Kandi. I will be getting a grow tent, but that has been pushed back two weeks unexpectedly. As you can see she is a big girl already:thumb: So, she may become the sole occupant of the grow tent that I will be getting - which will be 4' x 4' x 6'7". So, she may get huge when I flower her, but I think it will work. Kinda curious of the outcome, since I have more Kandi Kush Seeds.

There has been some confusion (totally my fault) on the light systems that I made. In the closet I have a total of 390 (actual) watts that put out 54,800 lumens. 42,000 lumens @ 2700k and 12,800 lumens @ 6500k.

In my nursey I have a total of 240 (actual) watts that put out 26,600 lumens.16,000 @2700k )I will be increasing this in another week by 12,000. and 10,600 @ 6500k. I am sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, I am happy with the progress so far:thumb: No major issues (always a good thing), and I look forward to everyones responses:yummy::peacetwo:

There has been some confusion (totally my fault) on the light systems that I made. In the closet I have a total of 390 (actual) watts that put out 54,800 lumens.

Well, now I'm really confused. I thought you were growing with all CFLs.

Yep all cfl's.:thanks:

Respectfully, you're not getting 140.5 lumens per watt from CFL lighting.

Care to list the individual bulbs (with model numbers - found on the bulb's ballast/base if you no longer have the packages), wattages, and lumens?

Actually, their the equivelant of the private sector's High Wattage CFL's. As an example, the 200 watt (600 watt replacement) that puts out 10,000 lumens is available to you right now, but the military versions are not. They are only available for specific use in the military, but the wattage is almost half (45%), but putting out the same lumens. I am not sure on life span though. I did see something on one package about generator use, which is the common energy source in the field, so they must be designed for lower wattage usage. They are used in sensitive areas, so I "received" them did not buy them. That is all I really know about them.

I have heard that they will probabbly be available for private sector/commercial sale within 2 years. They would undermine the High Wattage CFL market overnight, and would compete head to head with HPS systems. My guess is they will wait to make there money off those first and then release these into the market. My 65 watt bulbs puts out 7200 lumens (its great):thumb: You can't beat it.

BassBong:thanks: I am really happy with the system overall. I have grown other AF's, but I have heard and smoked this Big Devil and it is awesome, so I chose to give it a try. They both sexed within twenty days and haven't looked back:yahoo: The Kandy Kush is what has me stumped. She is huge for her age. I think it's the bulbs, but it could just be a fluke as well. Either way.. sweet:thumb::yummy: deal for me.

Come back anytime:goodluck::peacetwo:

Actually, their the equivelant of the private sector's High Wattage CFL's. As an example, the 200 watt (600 watt replacement) that puts out 10,000 lumens is available to you right now, but the military versions are not. They are only available for specific use in the military, but the wattage is almost half (45%), but putting out the same lumens. I am not sure on life span though. I did see something on one package about generator use, which is the common energy source in the field, so they must be designed for lower wattage usage. They are used in sensitive areas, so I "received" them did not buy them. That is all I really know about them.

I have heard that they will probabbly be available for private sector/commercial sale within 2 years. They would undermine the High Wattage CFL market overnight, and would compete head to head with HPS systems. My guess is they will wait to make there money off those first and then release these into the market. My 65 watt bulbs puts out 7200 lumens (its great):thumb: You can't beat it.

In that case, I'm even more curious to read what's printed on the bases of the lights. Perhaps you would be so kind as to snap a few pics of them in close-up? I can get products from the PX when needed and have a buddy in supply at a base which isn't too far from my location. When asked previously about the possibility of getting things he has stated that anything breakable... gets broken and they of course would then have to requisition replacements, lol.

I'm not opposed to CFLs, only to people that mis-represent their efficiency, light output, and actual wattages on sites such as this where the users range from old heads all the way to the inexperienced and easily-confused.

If I see proof of CFLs existing that rival the efficiencies of HPS on a watt-to-watt comparison, I would of course give them equal consideration.

I can appreciate that, especially since I have no agenda.. I only grow and I am not trying to sell any ideas or systems or methods. I don't care what the system is only how effective it is and does it work. I was in the military as well. As I stated, you can not purchase the bulbs, even a military unit must be authorized within their units TO& E (table of organization and equipment to be issued them).

As I stated I "received" them, hence I am probably not supposed to be in possesion of them. I have never seen anything like them. They are extremely cool. I can cup them for nearly a minute before I really feel the warmth in my hand. Other CFL's I have had (commercially bought) did not even do that. The low wattage to high lumen output is an interesting fact to consider what the possible application could be: S-3 Interrogation comes to mind, since I went through SEER training and they used high wattage bulbs throughout the environment.

Basically, I have no reason to mislead anyone, since I am not selling the bulbs - I really do not care if anyone beleived it or not. It is just a fact. Just as it took nearly forty years to get something as simple as a HUD display onto a commercial vehicle, because the military did not want to declassify it. I could name at least tw dozen everyday items, including this medium (internet) that was created for the DOD not you and me.

So, with all due respect, if it makes it any better I have a minor CFL grow which makes me happy, and in a couple of years you can reflect on this conversation and go gee.. Those are the bulbs we were talking about. I do respect your point of view, and even do agree with some of your other posts.. you are very informed, but we all can't know about everything.. learned that in Iraq. This is the last that I will discuss on the subject. but hey, I do welcome your thoughts, advice and input as londg as it doesn't incriminate me.:peacetwo::goodjob:

Cool... and bummer, lol.

Hey Jimmy,

Everything looking real nice !

I was looking over your Tiger Bloom question and I thought you might want to take a look at this.
ffsoilbig.jpg

I didn't see if you got an answer , and I definitely can't say why it works but...

Fox Farm's Big Bloom has an N-P-K ratio of 0.01 - 0.3 - 0.7

Now the reason you need the Tiger Bloom is MJ needs a Potassium boost in flowering for bud production , again don't really know why but ...

Tiger bloom has an N-P-K ratio of 2 - 8 - 4

There is the P that MJ or flowering plants for that matter need.

And are you going to pick these up ?
foxfarmsolublekit.jpg

I would advise to get the Cha-Ching if nothing else B/C you would use it the longest and it is for resin production .

Again :goodjob: and + Rep
MJ420:peace:

I know. I wish you could see these. I wonder since we have had this conversation if they may do the same with other types of bulbs as well. In all the time i was in, it never dawned on me to check the bulbs:thumb: And maybe the Civil Affairs, transportation, and medical units that help re-establish the countries that we go into may share commercial growing means and technology.. hmm. They all use different types of bulbs for their individual applications.. makes me wonder now if we might see more in this area of technolgy make its way out to us:thanks::peacetwo:

Hey Jimmy,

Everything looking real nice !

I was looking over your Tiger Bloom question and I thought you might want to take a look at this.
ffsoilbig.jpg

I didn't see if you got an answer , and I definitely can't say why it works but...

Fox Farm's Big Bloom has an N-P-K ratio of 0.01 - 0.3 - 0.7

Now the reason you need the Tiger Bloom is MJ needs a Potassium boost in flowering for bud production , again don't really know why but ...

Tiger bloom has an N-P-K ratio of 2 - 8 - 4

There is the P that MJ or flowering plants for that matter need.

And are you going to pick these up ?
foxfarmsolublekit.jpg

I would advise to get the Cha-Ching if nothing else B/C you would use it the longest and it is for resin production .

Again :goodjob: and + Rep
MJ420:peace:
Thanks for the input. I will use the chart you sent me. I do have Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, and Cha Ching for this grow. And in the end I will add trace amounts of molasses

So, it is not a good day. I fed half strength nutes to the (2) autoflower's - Big Devils and they got nute burned pretty bad. I will take pictures tomorrow. I just flushed them, so I will see what happens. Since, they are AF's I am not sure if I should trim the leaves that were badly burned? Any comments or advice would be appreciated.:thanks:

Flush should help. Your plant has such a short life cycle and with fresh soil FF Ocean Forest I am not sure you should be at max nutes anyways. Just an idea. Have you taken an ppm reading of your runoff.

baby_3_.jpg

baby_2_1.jpg

Kandi_Kush_3_.jpg

Kandi_Kush_2_.jpg

Kandi_Kush1.jpg

Baby14.jpg

BD_Thing_2_2_.jpg

BD_Thing_2.jpg

BD_Thing_1.jpg

Hello Everyone. Well, here are this weeks pictures:yahoo: I had the issue with the Big Devil AF's getting nute burned on half strength dose. But, I think they will be ok. I have flushed them numerous times over the last three days. "Kandy" (my Kandy Kush) I had to place into my closet to begin the flower phase (cash flow issues - delaying my tent). I did top her, so I hope that will help manage her. (My Skunk ) don't know what else she could be, she smells just like one:thumb: is doing well:yahoo: I have included this weeks pictures for all to see:yummy: Have a great week:peacetwo:

thing_12.jpg

Thing_21.jpg

Thing_1_3_.jpg

Thing_1_2_.jpg

Well everyone;) Here are this weeks picture update: (As a side note my AF's are 5 days apart and the younger one (Thing2) was nute burned the worst last week. But I think they are getting better now. Thing 1 (the larger one) is 18" and Thing2 (smaller one) is 14". No change to PH, RH, lights. Following Fox Farm Nute schedule. Future note to anyone: With this type of Autoflower (Big Devil) do not start out with any Fox Farm nutes stronger than 1/8th the dose recommends. Then increase by drops at a time (increments) during remaining feeding cycle. The picture of my Skunk closet grow is doing well. She is in day 30 of flower cycle. Could not update my Kandy Kush this week.. starting her flower cycle.
Baby_4_.jpg

Baby_3_1.jpg

Baby_2_2.jpg

Baby15.jpg

Back
Top Bottom