K.c 36 - first grow - poor man closet grow

quick update:

The runt is still not showing any leaves. The water that im using now is ph balanced. The other 4 plants already have seedlings ranging from 1" to 1.5'' in height. Quick question for the members out there, one of the plants is growing but its getting to the point (the tallest plant) where the seedling is starting to tip over a lil? Is the plant stretching? I have the light 2 inches off the cups. should i add more soil? Thanks everyone. Happy 420!

Do you have any ventilation? I would add more soil and get a fan on them so they get blown around a bit. This will make the stems much stronger and able to hold more weight. A healthier plant over all. ;-)

I currently have no ventilation in there, I thought I would wait till they got taller but I'll go and buy a fan today. All the cups are filled until an inch from the brim. I was also thinking of adding more soil but will that shock the plants?

Thanks Ms. Fox and 420mag :)

IMG_01303.JPG

IMG_01313.JPG

IMG_01322.JPG

IMG_01334.JPG

Tomorrow will be a week since I added the lil guys to water. I just added some pics to show how tall they have become so far. I added more soil, about a 1cm to add some support as advised by Ms.Fox and will add the fan later tonite. I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to add a 150w hps. I'm gonna continue to use the cfls and add an mh bulb to the hps. BUT, when can i start using that light? :ganjamon::peace:

hey 17west! your seedlings are looking good, im not sure if you can just buy any hps light and put a mh bulb in it tho, has to be like special bulb or ballast i think, but am just a noob so quite possibly wrong about that,,
but i would just continue with 6500k cfl for veg, maybe just add more as you go, and then use hps for flower, but with HID comes the need for sufficient ventilation, which is a dilemma i am trying to solve in my own grow right now,,
but what ever route you choose, i hope all goes good and you get some nice smoke in the end,, :cheesygrinsmiley:

16/04/09/ - END OF WEEK 1

To Estranged:

I have 52w of cfl's in the closet, equiv to 200 w incandescent. (labeled on the box) for vegging at the moment. I was thinking of adding more cfl's as I can't seem to find the MH bulb in my city. So i was thinking maybe 4 more tops, as they grow?
:roorrip:

So I finally got the nutes and soil today. I went to the shop and i talked to the shop owner and i explained how i couldn't get FF soil and he recommended that i get American pride (check pic for product) and add a teaspoon to every gallon of soil. (5 teaspoons for 5 gallons) He told me that everything that's in FF soil is in American pride. Its also by FoxFarms. However, he did say to go easy with it as it really works. He also stated to use less nutes or american pride, using both at recommended doses will not work and most likely hurt the plant.

Another hint was that Tiger Bloom and not Big Bloom complements Grow Big. So he was very helpful, and i thought i would pass on the soil tip for those in need of FF soil and can't find any.

Moreover, I added my new fan and temp is around 20-22 C and humidity at 30%. Quick question: should i direct the fan to the plants or up? at the moment I have the fan facing upwards.

I guess ill easy up on the posting until i have transfer to them or unless they start drying. Thanks for the help everyone!!!!:slide:

IMG_01383.JPG

IMG_01371.JPG

IMG_01362.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_01342.JPG

You can direct your fan directly at them. The fan is at a good distance right now, so I wouldn't move it. Just direct it in their direction. That soil contains time release fertilizers in it, so go easy on the nutes. Do less than what the feeding schedule says. Your plants don't need any nutes for at least 3 weeks. The soil has all the nutrition they need. ;-) Lookin good. You're doing great! You will want to add as many cfls as you can. The more light the better result you will have. ;-)

Thanks Ms. Fox and l8tnightskunk once again, I really appreciate the help. I added another 2 cfl's (52 w combined, 26w each). I noticed the temp is at 30C/90F and humidity was at 30% at the beginning of the 16, its about 25% atm. I sprayed the plants again. Will that help?

IMG_01472.JPG

IMG_01464.JPG

IMG_01451.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

So a quick pic update. New light added and new pics of plants. Question for members, the last pic will show the center leaves growing in. Im not sure if you can tell but under the light those little leaves look a bit brown, specifically the last pic. The other leaves are a bit lanky. Also i noticed that that roots are starting to show at the bottom of the cups and some on the side. Temp is 30c/90f and humidity 30%

I added my seedlings to 16oz cups 10 days ago. I was wondering how long I should wait before i can transfer them over into 3gal containers?

Back
Top Bottom