Czar's poor man's bagseed grow

yeah the yellowing was from a bit too much nutes the last time they ate, i water every day or two, depending how dried out the soil is and how heavy the cup is lol.

So I tried all day to get deer repellent but I could only find attractant. I even tried my local hydro store, they can get a price list for it but they don't normally carry it. I almost bought attractant to use near my site but farther off to keep em away, but I'd rather just go with fencing and urine, I think I'm gonna plant the two smallest guys tonight since tomorrow's supposed to be crazy nice and hotter, and won't rain til monday so I can give 'em a bit of water and leave em for a few days, lemme no what u guys think!!!

Czar Found this.

To get the most out of your homemade deer repellent, read our repellent tips also: Deer Repellent Tips

3 raw eggs
3 tbls. of red hot sauce
3 tbls. of garlic juice or minced
Add enough water to a blender to process and mix well. Add this to a gallon of water and spray on plants. You can make the spray last longer by adding Wilt Proof to it.

FROM: A Minnesota Master Gardener at www.extension.umn.edu/yardandgarden/AAMG/wildlife
Blend 2 eggs and a cup or two or cold water at high speed. Add this mixture to a gallon of water and let it stand for 24 hours. After 24 hours, spray on foliage. The egg mixture does not wash off easily, but re-application 2-3 times a season may be needed. For a larger quantity, blend a dozen eggs into 5 gallons of water. This mix is also said to repel rabbits.

Have a deer repellent recipe you would share with the world? Scroll down and tell us about your recipe.

FROM: 420 Girls - Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993 County.org
6 eggs4 hot peppers or enough to make it very hot
6-12 gloves of garlic, enough to make it stink
5 cups of warm water.
Put it all in a blender and liquify it. Put it in an old milk jug. Set it out for a couple of days in the sun to let it cook and get really stinky and hot. Strain it good if you want to use it in a sprayer. You can also pour it on and/or around the plants directly from the jug.

Scare Deer Repellent
1 yard of old sheeting, cotton, or muslin
1/4 cup bloodmeal
1 cup of hair clippings
Cut the fabric into small 4-inch squares. Mix the bloodmeal and hair together and place about a tablespoon onto the center of each square. Bring up the ends and secure with a string or rubber band. Hang these little packets from the branches of the trees and shrubs.

1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 Tablespoon of cooking oil
1 Tablespoon of dish soap
Add 1 gallon of water and shake well. Spray or sprinkle on plants every two weeks or after heavy rain.

3 large eggs, shells included
1 large clove of garlic
2 cups of fresh green onion tops
2 cups of water
Put everything into the blender and liquify for 2 minutes. Add this mixture to a pail containing 2 quarts of warm water and melted deodorant soap such as dial. Stir together, then add two tablespoons of chili powder or cayenne pepper and mix well. Splash, spray, drip, or somehow paint the mixture on the plants. Be sure to get egg shells on the leaves. When used every two weeks it is effective year-around. Save some of each batch to "ripen" the next batch.
NOTE:A slightly different version was listed with the only difference being that they fermented the mix for a few days. This person said it was also effective for Voles.

2 eggs
1 cup skim milk
1 cup water
2 Tablespoons liquid dish detergent
Put all in blender and spray.

1 cup sour milk, sour cream, or buttermilk
2 eggs beaten and strained
5 drops liquid dish soap
five drops cooking oil or dormant oil
20 drops of essential oil of cloves
Top off 1 gallon container with water. Shake well. Spray as a light mist. Respray every 2-3 weeks.

2 tsp. beef bouillon
2 well-beaten eggs
1 gallon of water
Dissolve bouillon and eggs in 1 gallon water. Let the mixture sit for a few days. Apply. Reapply after heavy rain.

Mix together in a blender:
2 cups of water
5 cloves of fresh garlic
1 cup of chopped onions
5 Tbsp. powdered hot pepper
Pour into a covered container and let stand for 24 hours. Strain and mix with 1 gallon of water. Apply to plants with a sprayer.

4 tablespoons ground cayenne pepper
1 cup white vinegar
½ cup peeled garlic
1 cup clear ammonia
1 cup Murphy's oil soap
1 bar Ivory hand soap (Optional)
Boil the cayenne in the vinegar for one minute and strain through a coffee filter. Puree garlic in 2 cups of water in a blender. Strain that mixture through another coffee filter. Combine the two liquids with the ammonia and oil soap in a 3 gallon garden sprayer. Fill the sprayer to the maximum level with water. Spray on areas you wish to protect. For extra stickiness, float a bar of Ivory soap in the spray and use it over several fillings. Reapply weekly and after rains.

From Eartheasy - Sustainable Living
Mix one whole egg with a quarter cup of water and mix well. Pour the mixture into a pump bottle and spray it on your plants. This deterrent will withstand light rains because the egg sticks to the leaves. ~ Mix one tablespoon of liquid dish detergent with one ounce of hot sauce in one litre of water and spray directly on plants which deer have been nibbling. ~ For larger volume applications, mix the following ingredients:
2 gallons water (8 liters)
2 whole eggs
2 T cooking oil
2 T liquid detergent
Pour the mixture into a pump bottle and spray it on your plants.

From contributor "grdnstff" at UBC Botanical Garden and Centre for Plant Research on Vancouver Island

He has used this for 5 years and swears it is the best recipe for him to use.
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 egg yolk
1 litre of water
Spray plants every 2-3 weeks.

Milorganite See comments below to read comments from other readers about how well Milorganite works as a deer repellent. It is also a good natural fertilizer. Also check our Milorganite page with more information about Milorganite and research with Milorganite as a deer repellent. Milorganite For Deer Control Page

Dial Soap or Lifebuoy Soap Drill a hole in the bar and hang it with fishing line. Hang one bar from each small tree or every 3 feet on large trees.

Miscelleneous
Human hair, coyote urine, moth balls, bone tar oil,rancid grease,feathermeal (dried chicken feathers),dried blood or blood meal. These can be put alone or in combination in a nylon stocking, mesh bag, or plastic bag with holes about 3 feet off the ground.
Fabric softener cloths can be hung every 3 feet. Also ammonia-soaked rags can be used.

Pan4

WOW pan, thanks a shitload for the research and I'm definitely going to have to try one of these out! As far today, a lot of shit happened when I went to my site. I put up stakes and fenced it with 4 rows of fishing line from about 4" to 3' and straight up pissed in a bottle all night tonight, brought it with me and put it around about 3-4' away from my site all the way around it. I also planted Jan and the healthier of the seedlings to see if they'll grow well and if they get eaten or not. I also noticed when transplanting their roots are pretty deep, do you think my plants are outgrowing their beer cups? Pictures will be posted from the site in about 3-4 days, but each indoor plant now has its own light which is great! More indoor pics to come most likely tomorrow.

The two recipes I'm leaning towards:

1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 Tablespoon of cooking oil
1 Tablespoon of dish soap
Add 1 gallon of water and shake well. Spray or sprinkle on plants every two weeks or after heavy rain.

1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 egg yolk
1 litre of water
Spray plants every 2-3 weeks.

looking for simplicity and ease of transport which makes these both up my alley, plus a litre of water is easy to measure for me, Oh Canada! :rollit:

Just a little breakdown of what I'm dealing with as far as this week goes, what I'll probably do is plant the other 4 plants at my site on monday night before it rains tuesday and just let them go, check in on 'em on friday. I don't want to leave them too long in these little cups, and I'm only transplanting them once so outside it'll be! Anyways, here's a little information on what my plans are:

Hours of Sunlight

-------Date------- | Sunrise | Sunset | Hours of Daylight
  • May 15, 2009 | 6:11 AM | 8:47 PM | 14h 36m 17s
  • May 16, 2009 | 6:10 AM | 8:48 PM | 14h 38m 17s
  • May 17, 2009 | 6:09 AM | 8:49 PM | 14h 40m 16s
  • May 18, 2009 | 6:08 AM | 8:50 PM | 14h 42m 12s
  • May 19, 2009 | 6:07 AM | 8:51 PM | 14h 44m 05s
  • May 20, 2009 | 6:06 AM | 8:52 PM | 14h 45m 56s

Week's Forecast

Sun.
Cloudy periods 10% POP High 57°F Low 41°F Wind NW 16mph

Mon.
Cloudy periods 10% POP High 59°F Low 35°F Wind NE 6mph

Tues.
Isolated Showers 40% POP High 69°F Low 46°F Wind S 16mph

*plant day!

Wed.
Mainly Sunny 10% POP High 66°F Low 42°F Wind E 9mph

Thur.
Sunny 0% POP High 77°F Low 48°F Wind SW 16mph

Fri.
Cloudy periods 10% POP High 69°F Low 51°F Wind W 9mph

Picture time!!! I'll be stopping by my actual site sunday and will most likely be planting the last 4 on monday. So far everything's looking good, and no further nute burn, check out the beauties growin' like crazy!

Group Shot

Bernice on Day 21

Fran on Day 21

Stacy's Mom on Day 19

Seedling on Day 17

Loving the leaves on Bernice, can't wait to put 'em outside! Updates from the site coming soon! Let me know how you think everything's going and any suggestions! :thanks: :grinjoint:

just spent all night remixing a song too, if you wanna check it out, hit me up with a pm or something, i dont wanna post links here.

The two recipes I'm leaning towards:

looking for simplicity and ease of transport which makes these both up my alley, plus a litre of water is easy to measure for me, Oh Canada! :rollit:

FWIW, I've noticed most of the deer repellants in the store have fermented eggs... seems to be a common denominator of most of those recipies too.

Update: No pictures yet but everyone has moved outdoors!!! The weather for the next 10-12 days here is supposed to be 75-80 and sunny which is why I planted them last night. My other 2 little ones which were already planted were still there!! I must be doing something right as far as the deer go! So I planted my other 4, made sure my fence is still good, and spread some more piss around my site. I will be checking on them this thursday night so I'll make sure pics are up then!

Yesterday and today are so nice, it makes me want to run over to my site and check out my babies!!! I know they'll still be around tomorrow though and I can wait, they should be doing great being outdoors now, how many hours of direct light is required for plants?

Okay guys, so I checked out my babies yesterday during the day and it just so happened that something got hold of 2 of my plants! Of course it had to be the two biggest, Fran and Bernice. Luckily, they were just uprooted and not gone or eaten, so I re-planted them as they still had root structure and decided not to water last night since it's mosquito country and I only had shorts and a t-shirt lol! Anyways, the big update is that I went to water everyone today and things are still looking good especially since I've only used human urine and my fencing to repel the deer and it seems to be helping now. I'm sure you've all been waiting a while but without any further delays....

:slide: PICTURES! :slide:

bernicem221.jpg

Bernice after being re-planted

janm221.jpg
janm222.jpg

Jan's doing well!

franm221.jpg
franm222.jpg

Fran after being re-planted

bethm221.jpg
bethm222.jpg

Seedling 1 which I now call Beth is getting there

nadiam221.jpg

Seedling 2 which I named Nadia is rockin'!

stacysmomm221.jpg
stacysmomm222.jpg

Stacy's Mom is making everyone else look tiny!

And a couple pics of my setup:
sitem221.jpg
sitem222.jpg

More updates as things happen, do you think the fencing is too close to the plants? I was thinking of moving it outwards a bit, let me know guys! :thanks: :grinjoint:

awesome! nice to see your plants outdoors finally.

the area looks nice too. a lil shady but looks like it works.

the fence can go as close or far as you want it. should be far enough to keep animals from reaching through the fence.

Back
Top Bottom