KillaKash Is Growing Gas Orange Cookies Rdwc 2024

Rick34

Welcome back everyone, I've made my way back around with a little more experience and I'm ready to take on this 4x4 again!! Just like the last time, all input is welcome from you guys and if ya can teach me something I'm ready to learn. I gave the grow tent a couple upgrades this time around, I got some stronger lighting ( the phantom pheno 440 from hydro farm) and I've built a 4 bucket rdwc system to replace the waterfarms from the previous grow. Now last time I ran the entire grow on some 100 watt leds like a jackass lol, and it showed because I only pulled 13 oz off that grow, the white widow smoked good but was too leafy for my liking so i'm guessing the lights are gonna take me all the way home this time and give me some fat nuggs. I'm still running advanced nutrients since I had some left over from the last grow (my roots got crazy big). I Just popped the cookies tonight so I'll have pictures soon, But in the meantime, does anyone have experience using the pheno 440? The internet is all over the place as far as the suggested usage goes about hanging distance and coverage area and the par chart I could find was from 36 inches, which i'd hang it around 14" or 16". I'm here for any info. Anyways, I'm glad to be in the lab again and I'm excited to have you guys with me, stay tuned for the orange cookies because they really are a treat!!:ganjamon:

Welcome back everyone, I've made my way back around with a little more experience and I'm ready to take on this 4x4 again!! Just like the last time, all input is welcome from you guys and if ya can teach me something I'm ready to learn. I gave the grow tent a couple upgrades this time around, I got some stronger lighting ( the phantom pheno 440 from hydro farm) and I've built a 4 bucket rdwc system to replace the waterfarms from the previous grow. Now last time I ran the entire grow on some 100 watt leds like a jackass lol, and it showed because I only pulled 13 oz off that grow, the white widow smoked good but was too leafy for my liking so i'm guessing the lights are gonna take me all the way home this time and give me some fat nuggs. I'm still running advanced nutrients since I had some left over from the last grow (my roots got crazy big). I Just popped the cookies tonight so I'll have pictures soon, But in the meantime, does anyone have experience using the pheno 440? The internet is all over the place as far as the suggested usage goes about hanging distance and coverage area and the par chart I could find was from 36 inches, which i'd hang it around 14" or 16". I'm here for any info. Anyways, I'm glad to be in the lab again and I'm excited to have you guys with me, stay tuned for the orange cookies because they really are a treat!!:ganjamon:
Welcome back to the 420 family!

I would start slow with the new light. They are very powerful the new LED lights and its better to start slow with overly high hanging distance. You only want to stop undesired stretch in veg but they don need much in terms of light for veg growth and use enough to get desired structure and internodal length.

Forget about focusing on hanging distance in the beginning. In a tent with low ceilings you will possibly struggle with to much light even mounted all the way at the top. It's better to mount it high and let the plant grow in to the light than pushing high intensity in the beginning.

Hope that makes sense and helps!

Cheers and all the best of luck in your growing endeavours!

Welcome back to the 420 family!

I would start slow with the new light. They are very powerful the new LED lights and its better to start slow with overly high hanging distance. You only want to stop undesired stretch in veg but they don need much in terms of light for veg growth and use enough to get desired structure and internodal length.

Forget about focusing on hanging distance in the beginning. In a tent with low ceilings you will possibly struggle with to much light even mounted all the way at the top. It's better to mount it high and let the plant grow in to the light than pushing high intensity in the beginning.

Hope that makes sense and helps!

Cheers and all the best of luck in your growing endeavours!
That makes perfect sense and thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I'm gonna use the 2 vs 1000's I have during veg and hold off on the 440 until flower. I just don't wanna stress em out making mistakes when I do turn the light on, but stick with me lol we can figure it out together when the time comes :passitleft:

I chose the orange cookies because of its genetics, the momma plant was super frosty and had a loud scent that was matched by it's flavor (seriously it was like smoking a tangerine). We all had a lot of fun with this strain and other than that i really need to shop for some new seeds. I have a few but I'm feeling like I need better genetics, with everything becoming legal I've gotten spoiled with the high grade goodness and my standards have gone up. Where do you guys shop, any suggestions? If you've had some good genetics and a reliable seed company , put me on, plant pics welcome too. I cant wait to see what the pheno on these plants are gonna be like, here is a pic of what the orange cookies look like when done right.
Screenshot 2024-02-18 2.49.16 AM.png

One of the orange cookie seeds did not germinate, first time I've seen that happen, so I just dropped an Alaskan Purple seed from seedsman. I believe it was a freebie they gave me with the white widow and the zkittles i ordered a while back. I've never had the strain, if any of you have feel free to drop a comment.
Screenshot 2024-02-19 11.10.03 PM.png

I would just make sure the Orange Cookie is an Autoflower. :) I don't believe you'd want to use the same light schedule.:)
That's right, unfortunately I don't have the specifics, If nothing else i will pull her and let her finish outside the tent if the others don't flip. I do have some blueberry photos but those are the only photo period seeds i have. Those are also freebies from seedsman.

I had some nutrient uptake issues on the last grow with the smaller plants so I took a visit to the hydro store and one of the things i got was a hydrotester, so now I can learn to be fancy like like you guys and start checking temps and ppm along with the ph. Baby steps lol.
20240221_044524.jpg

After making a change to the reservoir, it's best to let it "settle", before making another change. :)

Don't chase your tail. It'll drive you crazy.:rolleyes: And less is better than too much.:):bong:

Thanks G, about how long do you normally let it sit? I've been thinking I needed a separate, larger resivour to premix nutrients so that I can mix, check, and let the nutes settle about 24 hours before introducing them to the plant. Is this what your talking about?

Thanks G, about how long do you normally let it sit? I've been thinking I needed a separate, larger resivour to premix nutrients so that I can mix, check, and let the nutes settle about 24 hours before introducing them to the plant. Is this what your talking about?
I'm speaking more to adding PH up or down on your daily checks. And as reservoir changes are made, you'll figure out a base amount of PH up or down for your water. I use about 35ml of PH down when making a new reservoir. It will probably read a little high immediately afterwards, but a few hours later, it may have dropped to just where I want it.:)

I normally don't add nutes in between changes, just top up with tap water. I may not stick to this in the beginning of a grow or at the end of a grow. :rolleyes:

Honestly I don't have much practice at all with chasing the ph, when I first started I would check it but It was always in range from the advanced nutrients I grow with. I guess that's why their so expensive lol. It was really after 5 days or so the ph started to change in the buckets. But Ill definitely keep an eye out on it this time around, If this is gonna be my grow method i wanna excel at it.

Two plants have sprouted, and one should be above ground tomorrow. These 3 are all orange cookies. I'm still trying to get a 4th seed to germinate, I seem to be 0-2 so far after the cookies or the Alaskan purple didn't pop out a taproot. I dropped a blueberry today, hopefully I'll find a good one soon while there is still time to catch up.
20240222_130646.jpg
20240222_130731.jpg

Back
Top Bottom