Late Breaking Journal

So I popped these in Mid may and vegged them a couple weeks in my tent, then they went outside, so no seedling pictures. Natural light, in a a 7x7 greenhouse. After dealing with bud rot, heat stress, smoke taint (from all the fires), a well supplying brine instead of water,and minor issues with the borg over the past few years, this year I took the roof off the greenhouse, keeps it much cooler and much dryer, seems to keep the pests down, and this year the water is decent. Almost forgot, these are photo Mimosa's, though it's tough to see at this point, they are getting a little purple hue to them.

So here's a pic a couple weeks after tranplanting them into fresh FFOF soil. BTW anyone in the North SF bay area, I've got a great place to get FFOF, 3 CU Ft. bags (twice normal size) $20!!! PM me.

June 14
IMG_1950 (1).JPG

Aug 14
IMG_1966 (3).JPG

And again Aug 25, preflower started
IMG_1978.JPG

Now in flower, Sept. 3

IMG_2001 (1).JPG

Buds are really forming now Sept. 8
IMG_2023.JPG

And another Sept 8
IMG_2019.JPG

So I popped these in Mid may and vegged them a couple weeks in my tent, then they went outside, so no seedling pictures. Natural light, in a a 7x7 greenhouse. After dealing with bud rot, heat stress, smoke taint (from all the fires), a well supplying brine instead of water,and minor issues with the borg over the past few years, this year I took the roof off the greenhouse, keeps it much cooler and much dryer, seems to keep the pests down, and this year the water is decent. Almost forgot, these are photo Mimosa's, though it's tough to see at this point, they are getting a little purple hue to them.

So here's a pic a couple weeks after tranplanting them into fresh FFOF soil. BTW anyone in the North SF bay area, I've got a great place to get FFOF, 3 CU Ft. bags (twice normal size) $20!!! PM me.

June 14
IMG_1950 (1).JPG

Aug 14
IMG_1966 (3).JPG

And again Aug 25, preflower started
IMG_1978.JPG

Now in flower, Sept. 3

IMG_2001 (1).JPG

Buds are really forming now Sept. 8
IMG_2023.JPG

And another Sept 8
IMG_2019.JPG
Really beautiful!

Were the fires close?
Oh yeah, fires were all around me, never in any danger, only because where I live I'm literally surrounded by water on three sides. But I got to watch them, and some days the sun was just a red ball through the smoke. It happened 4 years in a row, everything I grew smelled like a campfire. Every morning I'd wake up and find stuff like this on my porch:

IMG_1274.JPG

This year, the smoke isn't too bad, very high up, the fires are a couple hundred miles away, but instead I have mountain property in the path of the Dixie Fire (almost 1 million acres burning). Been under an evacuation warning for three weeks!

My indoor grows have gone well, but I really prefer outdoor grows, bigger plants, more yield and less work, basically fertilized and water a couple times a week. There's something about growing in natural sunlight I like, the downside of course, is only one chance per season.

Another update 9/28: All the pistils are brown, most trichromes are cloudy with about 10% amber. Incredible smell! Still think it has a little swelling to do. I'm really liking this strain (Mimosa) advertized as a "early finisher" and it looks to be true. So far, knock on wood, no bud rot or critter issues.

IMG_2067.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2047.JPG

9/30, some close-up bud pics, sorry for the so-so pics, new lense and the wind was blowing. I'm thinking just a few days.

IMG_2070.JPG

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2073.JPG

Another update 9/28: All the pistils are brown, most trichromes are cloudy with about 10% amber. Incredible smell! Still think it has a little swelling to do. I'm really liking this strain (Mimosa) advertized as a "early finisher" and it looks to be true. So far, knock on wood, no bud rot or critter issues.

IMG_2067.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2047.JPG

Found a couple very small patchs of bud rot, so they came out, always nice to have em hanging:

IMG_2076.JPG

Now just a waiting game for drying/curing. I did trim up a couple branches, and ended up getting 3.75 oz., but it's still at 80% humidity, so I'm figuring about 2.5-3.0 oz once dry to 60% rh.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:
So sorry I didn’t officially close it out. The final yield was great, the quality was excellent. This was the last outdoor grow for a while.

Back
Top Bottom