Laughing Buddha Scrog

Some “lights out” to better show the bud spacing/ numbers.

How they look?

188543DF-875A-44AC-B896-F559FF925C63.jpeg

3E997870-9707-489C-94E1-9AB541A232AD.jpeg

465DA628-F5F6-452D-9F31-8703F5C0BFA0.jpeg

Still at 22 inches above the screen, so I hope stretch is mostly done, if not completely done.

I did raise the lights a tad after noticing slight leaf tip fade on the top fan leaves.

They had grown to within 9 inches of the light. I raised it to about 14 inches above the plants.

Really can’t go much higher with the lights, running out of room.

Other than that, not much to report. Lol

Some random thoughts:

Yeild is going to be an interesting comparison to my last grow. I grew the plants with no Scrog last time. There were 5 plants in that grow.

It’s early, but the 4 plants in this Scrog have soooo many “colas”, I think it may out produce the 5 plant grow.

I’m still concerned that I’ll need to support the colas with stakes. Would silica help at this point?

Ive never used silica before, any input would be welcome.

I’m also considering giving them some PK boost. These plants are bigger than they look, they’d be over 5 foot if they weren’t in a Scrog. They’re big girls. A lot of those colas are coming up from branches that run 2 feet horizontally under the screen, plus the foot from the soil to the screen.

Well, I decided to use stakes to support the colas. I also cut out a bunch more undergrowth and popcorn. One cart is done, I’ll do the other tonight.

Pruning will be done once I finish the second cart. There’s a lot of bud sites, so I was pretty aggressive about cutting out the “popcorn”.

In my experience, those lower bud sites just steal food from the better bud sites. Lol

I also started UVB lighting to help
Sugar them up. 15 minutes of UVB twice per day to start.

I’ll slowly increase that, near the end they’ll get 3 half hour bursts through the day.

Well, if I Scrog this strain again, I’ll definitely add a second screen 14 inches or so above the first one.

The net did a splendid job of spreading out the growing shoots, but they stretch is so tall the colas aren’t supporting themselves. I’ll end up staking most of the colas.

On the upside, there are a lot of colas. I think the yield will be great for a 4x4 footprint.

it’s got a looong ways to go. All of another 6 weeks.

Not having done one myself... Just seemed more logical to use stakes rather than a second net. I would think it would be very hard to run all those tops up into a second net.

Not having done one myself... Just seemed more logical to use stakes rather than a second net. I would think it would be very hard to run all those tops up into a second net.
I’d let them grow through the second net rather than try to direct them through.

You are going to have quite the haul come harvest! Looking good.
This strain always yields pretty good. It just takes awhile to get there.

This is kind of an experiment to see if Scrog improves yield.

last harvest was 20oz from 5 plants in the same space. This is 4 plants but scrogged. Ergo, I’m looking for 20 oz from this to call it an net improvement.

These carts do make gardening easier then tending single plants.

Back
Top Bottom