Laughing Buddha Scrog

Glookies1

Just finished a batch of Laughing Buddha that did quite well growing with just topping and training. Came out well, just under 20 oz with five plants in a 4 x 4 footprint.

Just for fun,I’m gonna Scrog 4 plants in the same footprint and see if they can produce as well as 5, growing more “naturally”

It’s a stretcher. Big time. So my theory is that if I can keep the canopy more even, the lower branches will “cola up” better and I’ll have fewer small buds.

We’ll see

It’s a tent grow. Tent is 10 x 4, I have two Scrog carts on casters that pull out of the tent for ease maintenance and watering.

They just got squished under the net, so they’re not real happy today

image.jpg

It’s holding a lights on temp between 84° to 87° tops, which is pretty good with co2 set at 1400ppm. Co2 use is reasonable. When it hits 87°, it vents fast enough that I don’t waste too much co2. Seems to need to vent heat every two hours, but only needs 10 minutes to kick the exhaust off.

I know I COULD run the temps up at 90° with co2, but I’ve found the plants l it better if you stay in the 80°’s.

Humidity is set at 60% for now. I’m adding humidity to get there. Dehumidifier will kick on if it hits 60%.

It’s a water only grow. I use M3 soil and the stuff supports even a long flowering Sativa to finish, 10 gallon fabric pots on risers for air circulation

Only thing I’ll give it is molasses at the end.

they’ll need a couple weeks to fill the screen before I flip the lights....

Wow, loving your tent setup! Those carts are a super idea.
When you say M3, is it the Michigan Made Mix? You have used it before? I like their concept too.

I'm in for this ride!

Wow, loving your tent setup! Those carts are a super idea.
When you say M3, is it the Michigan Made Mix? You have used it before? I like their concept too.

I'm in for this ride!
Yes. Michigan made mix. I e been using it over a year. It works really, really well.

Truly water only other than hey want cal mag for a couple weeks when they go under the LED’s for some reason.

But the soil feeds a 70 to 80 day strain all the way through with no problems in 10 gal pots.

Two more days of pretty explosive vegetative growth. I’d say they’ve acclimated to their new environment.

Took clone cuts today. I’ll flip the scrogs to flower first sign of roots.

I’ll post pics once all the shoots are heads up after today’s tuck.

It’s not full by a long shot, but this stuff stretches to at least triple in size during flowering

Back
Top Bottom