Leaf diagnosis?

Zkittlez, flowering 1st week or day 15 of 12/12. The plant is going through a lot of lst, training and pruning. It's dwc with botanicare flowering nutes running high ppm "1200ish",... maybe starting nuteburn on some leaftips.Temperature is high 70's low 80's. In the tent. Humidity between 30/55%. Cmh horizontal light overhead and cob led over the next adjacent plant.

This leaf seems odd to me with the brown in the middle. Anyone know this problem leaf?
20220601_151622.jpg
20220601_151638.jpg

Hello 423 - are you adding any H2O2 in the res? Plenty of CaMg? Does pH fluctuate a lot?
Difficult with one leaf, could just be a manky root but generally they look like the nute balance is out for some reason
The whole plant has been on the pale side for a while but starting to darken up starting into flowering.
No h2o2, I do run hydrogaurd+oversized airpump and airstones. In veg ph dropped some and topping off with calmag worked that out. Calmag changed from 5ml per gallon to 3 ml per gallon. Maybe too soon to taper off calmag do you think?

The whole plant has been on the pale side for a while but starting to darken up starting into flowering.
No h2o2, I do run hydrogaurd+oversized airpump and airstones. In veg ph dropped some and topping off with calmag worked that out. Calmag changed from 5ml per gallon to 3 ml per gallon. Maybe too soon to taper off calmag do you think?
Yes, keep the CaMg up
Are the airstones taking in fresh air or 70f+ air?
Something isn't right...

lookin like an Iron deficiancy. Like growings said, pump the calmag, usually has Iron in it. Give calmag till about week 5, then just mag.

When I test ph the temperature highside was 74f. I moved the airpump outside to cooler air, It did not change the temperature in the reservoir. " I think longer black lines get more heat-takes away from cooler air".
Mate, if you pumped cooler air through the water, how can that not affect the temperature of the water?
Was it a fresh res?
I'm not understanding you, sorry

dwc is awesome, if you have everything to make it run like a fine oiled machine. 1 or 2 weak links, can ruin the experience, LOL. But your grow looks awesome!

Mate, if you pumped cooler air through the water, how can that not affect the temperature of the water?
Was it a fresh res?
I'm not understanding you, sorry
I think the longer length of black airline is being heated up by "IR" light in the tent. I'm sure that the location outside of the tent is cooler than where it was before. It was close to the reservoir with a short hose.

I think the longer hose soaks more heat, taking away benefits of cooler air into the pump.
I'm going to cover the airline in tape or conduit pvc. If I'm right that'd have to reduce temperature of the airbubbles. Everything counts in a microclimate. If that actually makes a cooler reservoir,... idk. But gotta help

dwc is awesome, if you have everything to make it run like a fine oiled machine. 1 or 2 weak links, can ruin the experience, LOL. But your grow looks awesome!
Thanks, I've had some good results with dwc and this one seems to like the water. 1st run for me with this 420 zkittlez.
It's also the first time I've tried dwc with this setup, I used to do dwc in a small closet.

You should raise the humidity ..look up and follow a vpd chart as best you can as with that temp and huge fluctuation in humidity you can see issues that have nothing to do with solution ph or strength .... also how close are those cob lights as led's are are completely different animal and can cause light stress in many different forms ....so looking at your canopy Im feeling that the issues you are seeing have to do with light and environmental stress more than anything else . How big is that air pump meaning how many lpm are you pumping into that bucket ?

You should raise the humidity ..look up and follow a vpd chart as best you can as with that temp and huge fluctuation in humidity you can see issues that have nothing to do with solution ph or strength .... also how close are those cob lights as led's are are completely different animal and can cause light stress in many different forms ....so looking at your canopy Im feeling that the issues you are seeing have to do with light and environmental stress more than anything else . How big is that air pump meaning how many lpm are you pumping into that bucket ?
The air pump,.. I believe is 7.8 lpm. The plant has pretty much recovered.
I now think it was a calmag or iron deficiency that was made worse by a mistakenlytreated as a mite problem....no mites though
Here she is now
20220607_080159.jpg

The air pump,.. I believe is 7.8 lpm. The plant has pretty much recovered.
I now think it was a calmag or iron deficiency that was made worse by a mistakenlytreated as a mite problem....no mites though
Here she is now
20220607_080159.jpg
almost looks the the beginning of light bleaching .... wat do the roots look like ? 7.8 lpm is a alot 1 lpm is sufficient . Now your pump may be 7.8l lpm which is a lot of air to be pumping into your bucket however im guessing what getting in there is less than that and your pump is dealing with a lot of back pressure unless you have alot of 2" airstones or a huge custom diffuser in the bucket ... either way its to much air in my opinion and is one reason your solution runs warm . With that much air and warm solution please snap a pics of the roots as you could have issues there that are causing what you are seeing .

Do you use anything like Hydroguard or other beneficial bacteria ? also what is your ph and how steady is it ?

Doesn't look like a cal or mag or iron deficiency to me... looks like she needs more potassium, and anytime I see starvation of one of the macro nutrients, I wonder if the grower is trying to go light on the nutes overall.
That was probably the rootcause,...of the leaf problem.
This zkittlez seems to be a heavy feeding plant, and I definitely started on the lean side with nutrients.
I bumped to full nutes a little bit before flip, around 1500 ppm now and may go higher mid-flowering.
She's really taking off now, really long pistols.

almost looks the the beginning of light bleaching .... wat do the roots look like ? 7.8 lpm is a alot 1 lpm is sufficient . Now your pump may be 7.8l lpm which is a lot of air to be pumping into your bucket however im guessing what getting in there is less than that and your pump is dealing with a lot of back pressure unless you have alot of 2" airstones or a huge custom diffuser in the bucket ... either way its to much air in my opinion and is one reason your solution runs warm . With that much air and warm solution please snap a pics of the roots as you could have issues there that are causing what you are seeing .

Do you use anything like Hydroguard or other beneficial bacteria ? also what is your ph and how steady is it ?
I'll take a better look at the airpump, it's running 2" stones and I was thinking of adding more air.

Doesn't look like a cal or mag or iron deficiency to me... looks like she needs more potassium, and anytime I see starvation of one of the macro nutrients, I wonder if the grower is trying to go light on the nutes overall.
Yes. I've made the mistake of mixing in K in a more mineral format which takes months to become accessible or available. My organic soil has now had about 4 months to settle in, but apparently not enough. In the meantime, what looked like a potassium deficiency showed. Does this look like K-def to you?

In the second photo, taken the day after the seaweed extract foliar application, the yellowing was less severe, even looked a little bit greener.

Yes. I've made the mistake of mixing in K in a more mineral format which takes months to become accessible or available. My organic soil has now had about 4 months to settle in, but apparently not enough. In the meantime, what looked like a potassium deficiency showed. Does this look like K-def to you?

In the second photo, taken the day after the seaweed extract foliar application, the yellowing was less severe, even looked a little bit greener.
That is definitely part of the problem, but with all the lower leaf loss, it looks like a severe case of overwatering more than anything else.

That is definitely part of the problem, but with all the lower leaf loss, it looks like a severe case of overwatering more than anything else.
Thanks, @Emilya . Overwatering was not part of this. Except when up-potting, the initial watering was plenty to settle the soil down. In any event, the new growth today looks healthy. Will post one from today.

Back
Top Bottom