Leaf discoloration

Okay, I’m back with some results. I had forgotten that Fox Farm is a pretty lousy line. In Tiger Bloom, the Potassium is only 4% while Phosphorus is 8%. And in Grow Big, they are both 4%. Only in the Big Bloom is the K higher than P - and it’s a very low concentration - only 0.7% K to 0.3% P. And the only Ca and Mg are in the Tiger Bloom, which is hard to incorporate due to the high P.

The best I can come up with is:
10ml/gal Grow Big

80ml/gal Big Bloom! (because it’s so weak!)

This provides:

154 ppm N (nearly 50% of which is ammoniacal nitrogen, which will result in elongated stems and acidic-trending substrate - not good)
70 ppm P (getting high)
202 ppm K (the deficient nutrient)
0 ppm Ca
15 ppm Mg
0 ppm S

This mix will obviously require the addition of a (non- or low-nitrogen) Ca-Mg supplement.
I rather like the FF line, but I never ran just the base 3 jugs of stuff. I am curious what your numbers look like if you add in the 3 solubles to the FF results. I think with the addition of one of those with every watering, the numbers are going to look much better.

Ohh - those

Those high P components are difficult to work in. How much did you use? Was it just for a week or so or longer?
The weekly chart shows 1/4 tsp per gallon each feeding with each item in its turn, starting a week before the flip and going all through bloom.
fox soil chart.jpg

I rather like the FF line, but I never ran just the base 3 jugs of stuff.

it always seems to need more than the base. it gets expensive running it and it's been reformulated to make the base nutes weaker. they took a page out of AN's business model.

That is a shame to hear, but not surprising in today's world.

no kidding. there are a number that have gone that route since legalization began taking root.

i also think he might be better off with the prescription blend. maybe mc. even geo but that might be a bit of an ask for a new grower to jump in to mid grow.

no kidding. there are a number that have gone that route since legalization began taking root.

i also think he might be better off with the prescription blend. maybe mc. even geo but that might be a bit of an ask for a new grower to jump in to mid grow.
I have seen some recent FF grows. The fire is still in it, but you have to add the solubles. If you add the other $300 in their kit, I have heard the grows are magical. I am still sold on the system, for newbies, who need to tinker and need instructions. Eventually you tire of the money outlay and the tinkering, and you go organic. Its a progression. :)

PB looks good, but is another system. I don't like MC for newbies... to hard to read the plants at first. It doesn't get easier than Geo... not sure why you think it is hard because it is my favorite go to for new growers. There is nothing to screw up.

I have seen some recent FF grows. The fire is still in it, but you have to add the solubles. If you add the other $300 in their kit, I have heard the grows are magical. I am still sold on the system, for newbies, who need to tinker and need instructions. Eventually you tire of the money outlay and the tinkering, and you go organic. Its a progression. :)

the expense is stupid. if you need $300 extra to get to quality then i call it a shit line. except shit would be cheaper and mostly work better
:p

PB looks good, but is another system. I don't like MC for newbies... to hard to read the plants at first. It doesn't get easier than Geo... not sure why you think it is hard because it is my favorite go to for new growers. There is nothing to screw up.

mc coupled with hempy is flat out the cheapest way to grow indoor. probably the easiest too. there are seniors here that i've taught and they love it. most are in living situations where they don't want soil or an hp type indoors.

there's a bit of a dance in flower, and it's easy to run it too hot, but it's easy to pick up and teaches a basic read on the plants that is invaluable for new guys. gives great experience for when you want to move to another line as well.

and it's complete. nothing else is needed to knock a good one out of the park.

can be tricky if you wanna go with a booster though. they leave it up to you to figure out the headroom. adding BE was a bit of a game changer, but i was doing well without.

edit : i should add geo is not sold nor can it get certified safe here. we are really sensitive to toxics etc.

What is this MC and GEO you speak of. I would like to know more so I can research and learn to other stuff as I progress in my growing experience.

I haven’t tried it yet, but one of our SPONSORS - @Prescription Blend - looks very good. I ran their recommended doses through my spreadsheet and like the numbers.

5ml/gal of both Core A and Core B (for the first two weeks) provides:

79 ppm N
27 P
109 K
62 Ca
39 Mg
48 S
1.5 Fe
and other micros

After week 2, 10ml/gal of each provides double the above numbers :thumb:
Is there a link you can provide, to ensure that I’m looking up the right product.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom