Leaf discoloration

Hitm4n910

420 Member
Hello everyone,

I’m looking for some help with my plant.

I have some discoloration in some of the leaves and I’m wondering what the issue is.

Right as I went into flower I noticed some burnt leaves and some that had died off. So I did a small trim and flushed the plant with 3 gallons of water. And then another flush about 4 days later. It has been 3 days now since the second flush and I’m starting to see color change on leaves. I’m hoping that it is due to a lack of nutrition but I’m not 100% sure.

Humidity stays between 45% - 50%
Temp is 72 degrees
I use fox farm grow big, tiger bloom and big bloom. While I no longer use all three of those. Last feed before flush was recommended dose of grow big and tiger bloom.

Any info would help.

Thanks everyone,

Hitm4n910

A5FF3E1F-086B-4BE2-88ED-AD4554969A15.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

over watered, mag deficiency, PH problem, 6.5 is what you should be at

I mostly agree with @Mayne (I vote 6.3 pH for soil). But also I'm thinking that 3 gallons is not enough water to effectively 'flush' that container. A flush would consist of 3x the volume of the container, so a 5 gallon would need 15 gallons to flush, a 3 gallon would need 9, so on. I can't tell the size of your pot, so maybe I am wrong, sorry if so.

Not related BUT, I see one other prob... last pic, what looks like your surge protector. Make sure that light stay off during your lights out during flower. If the surge protector stay on one timer and turns off during lights out then disregard my post... sorry you have feed issues. You get one EC/pH pen for testing water? Why did you flush the beginning, the burned leaves? You get pics of said burned leaves?

Not related BUT, I see one other prob... last pic, what looks like your surge protector. Make sure that light stay off during your lights out during flower. If the surge protector stay on one timer and turns off during lights out then disregard my post... sorry you have feed issues. You get one EC/pH pen for testing water? Why did you flush the beginning, the burned leaves? You get pics of said burned leaves?
Good catch! A piece of electrical tape over that red light will work.

I mostly agree with @Mayne (I vote 6.3 pH for soil). But also I'm thinking that 3 gallons is not enough water to effectively 'flush' that container. A flush would consist of 3x the volume of the container, so a 5 gallon would need 15 gallons to flush, a 3 gallon would need 9, so on. I can't tell the size of your pot, so maybe I am wrong, sorry if so.
It’s a 3 gallon pot

Good catch! A piece of electrical tape over that red light will work.
I began a flush because I saw some burning in the leaves and I knew it couldn’t be my light, due to the location of the burns. So I watered until I got run off and checked the PPM of my water. It was reading a little over 3k, so naturally I assumed it was do to either over feeding or I had started a lock out. That is why I started a flush, to hopefully fix the lock out issue before it set in.

I began a flush because I saw some burning in the leaves and I knew it couldn’t be my light, due to the location of the burns. So I watered until I got run off and checked the PPM of my water. It was reading a little over 3k, so naturally I assumed it was do to either over feeding or I had started a lock out. That is why I started a flush, to hopefully fix the lock out issue before it set in.
FDA04EB7-E3F2-47F4-9530-4A08C02AB85C.jpeg

348362CD-3480-4353-8C51-03F0B25374E8.jpeg

yeah, always look to adjusting PH before Drowning (flushing) Very very very hard to flush soil, especially if its amended. You most likely will cause other problems, like root rot, which very well might also be the problem. another thing, when checking run off, its necessary to filter the runoff as best you can before checking it, because even the smallest particles in the runoff will funk your reading. Even like Felipeblu said, he sees other issue deficiency, and also looks like Iron deficiency, lol, so ALWAYS start with PH monitoring,

Re the Dec 3 photo - I don’t see indications of excessive nutrients - still looks like K def to me - she’s basically hungry. After my coffee, I will fire up my spreadsheet and see what prpoer fertilizing with FF for her stage should look like.

the edging is a pk ask. it's outright hungry. up your nutes across the board. if you run a booster you should start now or soon. keep your ph in check.

flushing won't help without an immediate nute rebalance and feed.

Okay, I’m back with some results. I had forgotten that Fox Farm is a pretty lousy line. In Tiger Bloom, the Potassium is only 4% while Phosphorus is 8%. And in Grow Big, they are both 4%. Only in the Big Bloom is the K higher than P - and it’s a very low concentration - only 0.7% K to 0.3% P. And the only Ca and Mg are in the Tiger Bloom, which is hard to incorporate due to the high P.

The best I can come up with is:
10ml/gal Grow Big

80ml/gal Big Bloom! (because it’s so weak!)

This provides:

154 ppm N (nearly 50% of which is ammoniacal nitrogen, which will result in elongated stems and acidic-trending substrate - not good)
70 ppm P (getting high)
202 ppm K (the deficient nutrient)
0 ppm Ca
15 ppm Mg
0 ppm S

This mix will obviously require the addition of a (non- or low-nitrogen) Ca-Mg supplement.

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for some help with my plant.

I have some discoloration in some of the leaves and I’m wondering what the issue is.

Right as I went into flower I noticed some burnt leaves and some that had died off. So I did a small trim and flushed the plant with 3 gallons of water. And then another flush about 4 days later. It has been 3 days now since the second flush and I’m starting to see color change on leaves. I’m hoping that it is due to a lack of nutrition but I’m not 100% sure.

Humidity stays between 45% - 50%
Temp is 72 degrees
I use fox farm grow big, tiger bloom and big bloom. While I no longer use all three of those. Last feed before flush was recommended dose of grow big and tiger bloom.

Any info would help.

Thanks everyone,

Hitm4n910

A5FF3E1F-086B-4BE2-88ED-AD4554969A15.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
I see potassium and iron deficiency. You need to stop flushing and start feeding your plants, right to the end. Nowhere in the FF schedule does it say to starve your plants. You didn't mention your pH, so that is probably a factor too. FF especially, you need to pH adjust every fluid hitting your soil to 6.3 pH.... water alone or water mixed with nutes.

I began a flush because I saw some burning in the leaves and I knew it couldn’t be my light, due to the location of the burns.
Not every yellowing of a leaf indicates burning. Sometimes it is a lockout and sometimes an actual deficiency, even if the damage is being seen at the tips and edges of the leaves.

I see potassium and iron deficiency. You need to stop flushing and start feeding your plants, right to the end. Nowhere in the FF schedule does it say to starve your plants. You didn't mention your pH, so that is probably a factor too. FF especially, you need to pH adjust every fluid hitting your soil to 6.3 pH.... water alone or water mixed with nutes.
My bad, I keep my PH at 6.5

Okay, I’m back with some results. I had forgotten that Fox Farm is a pretty lousy line. In Tiger Bloom, the Potassium is only 4% while Phosphorus is 8%. And in Grow Big, they are both 4%. Only in the Big Bloom is the K higher than P - and it’s a very low concentration - only 0.7% K to 0.3% P. And the only Ca and Mg are in the Tiger Bloom, which is hard to incorporate due to the high P.

The best I can come up with is:
10ml/gal Grow Big

80ml/gal Big Bloom! (because it’s so weak!)

This provides:

154 ppm N (nearly 50% of which is ammoniacal nitrogen, which will result in elongated stems and acidic-trending substrate - not good)
70 ppm P (getting high)
202 ppm K (the deficient nutrient)
0 ppm Ca
15 ppm Mg
0 ppm S

This mix will obviously require the addition of a (non- or low-nitrogen) Ca-Mg supplement.
What line of nutrient would you recommend. This is my first grow, and I’m still learning.

I haven’t tried it yet, but one of our SPONSORS - @Prescription Blend - looks very good. I ran their recommended doses through my spreadsheet and like the numbers.

5ml/gal of both Core A and Core B (for the first two weeks) provides:

79 ppm N
27 P
109 K
62 Ca
39 Mg
48 S
1.5 Fe
and other micros

After week 2, 10ml/gal of each provides double the above numbers :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom