LED in the VipersNest

Thanks a million VipersNest this will be very helpful to me! As I said I have no experience in this field so I'm kind of going into this blind. As I wrote to Irishboy if I'm going to do this I want to do it right or it of no use to anyone just a big waste of time and money for me and the end user.

No offense, but that was a horrible video! Maybe a bit of prep time would have helped sell that a bit...

Holy cow...

Thanks for sharing though!!

I like Mike's units, how is yours doing for you Vipe? You going to single it out again anytime?

-Go

SS. Go to that website and watch to the video on their site. The guy can't hardly form a sentence while he speaks.

I know were not all perfect and whatnot, but this is a supposed intelligent person trying to sell a light. What gives with the lack of verbalization?

Sorry. I just hate that!

-Go

If all they did was add a reflector, why hasn't something that simple been done already?

Did they come up with a wide enough lens angle to make that work?

I'd imagine that this light must have a really wide lens angle for that reflector to be effective?
ive thought of that idea 1000x and couldn't see how it would work without using crazy led angles that are too wide.. the only way i could think of to make it work would be a round led bulb, but then i think the NM blending would be out of whack because some wavelengths dont travel as far. i have the perfect solution to increasing the foot print with leds while keeping penetration to the max.. i am holding on to this idea for a rainy day.
SS. Go to that website and watch to the video on their site. The guy can't hardly form a sentence while he speaks.

I know were not all perfect and whatnot, but this is a supposed intelligent person trying to sell a light. What gives with the lack of verbalization?

Sorry. I just hate that!

-Go

its a company that has high advertising because advanced nutrients own some of it.. their with the AN team now.

I was very surprised to see an LED in the vipers nest. But after read this I'm sad to see that the LED did not work out for you, I was hoping to see the end all be all LED grow right here in Vipers nest

by the very design that reflector wont work....thats the crux of the problem. LED's dont emit light like HID's. they ahve played with different angles....120 is almost useless..90 is about it. I dont know the solution but I know the problem

by the very design that reflector wont work....thats the crux of the problem. LED's dont emit light like HID's. they ahve played with different angles....120 is almost useless..90 is about it. I dont know the solution but I know the problem

when theirs a will theirs a way.. you will see my friend.. but ya that design wont work... ive spent hours trying to think of a way to spreed more light out of these units.. theirs only one way that will work great IMO.. maybe on a rainy day i will put this to use and see what happens? i have a big list of things to improve leds. but have no interest of sailing leds and dealing with that, just want to build my own and grow weed and have fun.

To top light my verts ina box, I need a ring light. LEDs seem the best or only way. Vert HID doesn't light the tops, and a reflector's useless. I plan a 39" box, 400w vert and a toplight of 200w or so LED. Custom DIY al the way.
Do I have to cannabalize a new rectangular unit, or is there another more reasonable parts/proceedure source?

If all they did was add a reflector, why hasn't something that simple been done already?

Did they come up with a wide enough lens angle to make that work?

I'd imagine that this light must have a really wide lens angle for that reflector to be effective?

The reflector seems to be there for the ultra bright light from the 8 50W LED's, the light intensity from that unit is going to be extreme, as will its price tag.

I have offered this idea to this community several times and if you go to this thread I started you will find a basic drawing of an idea to improve the footprint of LED's....The logic is sound and the since LED's cost a crap ton anyway, adding another couple hundred shouldn't make anyone flinch.

Stationary Mover

With just a little imagination, this could increase the functionality of LED's especially in modern computer controlled environments.

I envision advanced mini mover's inside an LED fixture moving intense "spotlights" around a canopy with more diffuse lensed LED's to provide constant maintenance light around the edge of the unit.

:tokin:

I think something went wrong guys, or something, cuz last I checked he had his 600W in the nest with the hids. You member, member!?!?

:tokin:

the 600 was hung for a few weeks because 1 of my light movers went down. I just parked it next to the HID's...they were only in there for a few weeks and I didnt notice anything different the 1 directly under the LED............ HOWEVER....the plant next too it had all its lower branches hanging under both lights....the buds were significantly more mature..and the heaviest...Ill find the pic.
this is somne realy good quality weed. my patients all love it. we transplanted 2 outside 2 weeks ago and they have really taken off.

017156.JPG

So you think the more spectrum's the better? HPS + LED = BEST Solution

I having been thinking of doing this for some time now...I think I may begin this project...

Back
Top Bottom