420goats Solar Warrior EWS & Early Miss Auto Soil Grow 2017 LED Vs LED

420goats

Hi Everyone,

Just started a tent grow with 1x EWS(SW), 3x Early Miss(CKS), 2x 60 Day Wonder(en route from AF) all Fem

Equipment

6x 3 gallon pots
HP pro mix + with worm castings
FloraNova Grow
FloraNova Bloom
Rhizotonic Root Stim
Floralicious Plus
PH Down
Mammoth Tent 3x3x5
2x Mars300 LED Grow Lights
1x Mars Hydro 2 400w LED Grow Lights
Humidifier
2x6" duct fans
6"duct
Temp Reader
Will be adding mini fans & CFLs during flower

Today is Day 1/2

Seeds were germinated using the paper towel method and today were placed in soil. Tent maintains 22 degrees Celsius with a RH of 60% with a humidifier by the intake and a tray of water.

I plan to LST these girls when the time comes. I am contemplating topping one just to see how it goes. I have seen some successful grows with topped autos but never tried myself. Hoping to complete within 11 weeks from seed. 50 day flowering EMA and 60 day flowering EWS. I find if you add a week or two from what is advertised it is more realistic. MArs 300s will cover half the tent while the mars 2 400 covers the other side

Thanks for reading!
P_20170429_152654_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20170429_152637_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20170429_152621_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20170429_152612_vHDR_On.jpg

re: 420goats Solar Warrior EWS & Early Miss Auto Soil Grow 2017 LED Vs LED

Here is one of my white widow autos i topped on day 15. She never showed any stress. This pic is 3 and a half days after topping. From what i have seen If your auto is big enough to top at 4th node by the time it is 12 to 15 days old then it will react great to being topped but if i couldn't top early i don't think that I would top at all.
9130a77f3c041a735af6a62fd4d6a413.jpg

Need input. Should i add two more mars hydro 300s or should i get the viparspectra 600w unit?

Need input. Should i add two more mars hydro 300s or should i get the viparspectra 600w unit?
The two mars would be more versatile, you could split them up for future use one clones, seedling, etc, just my opinion

I would go with a 400w cob. Great penetration of canopy and great full spectrum. I have 2 of the 600 Viparspectra and it works great is cool and quiet and the nodes are just stacking right on top of each other. That being said they do not have the greatest spectrum for bloom. Although I am filling another grow using a 300w vipar and his plants look fab. If going 600 look at the par series it has bloom veg and is totally dimable.

I would go with a 400w cob. Great penetration of canopy and great full spectrum. I have 2 of the 600 Viparspectra and it works great is cool and quiet and the nodes are just stacking right on top of each other. That being said they do not have the greatest spectrum for bloom. Although I am filling another grow using a 300w vipar and his plants look fab. If going 600 look at the par series it has bloom veg and is totally dimable.

I was considering that but i can get my hands on the vipar 600w relector for 100 usd vs much mroe for cob.

meizhi 600 was on my radar as well.

Meizhi par looks great and some legit YouTube reviews look good but I can't for the life of me find a light spectrum chart. If you can get the vipar for that price though that's though to beat and mine work great thus far.

I saw the youtube video of the par test. looks really good. It is a little cheaper then the vipar. from what i can tell the spectrum is about the same. i read somewhere that spider farmer is re branded meizhi but i am not sure.
saw a youtube where on guy did mars vs meizhi, mars was way ahead but meizhi caught up in flower and they looked almost the same.

edit: - Spectrum: 450~475nm 620~630nm, 650~660nm, and white so now IR?

My issue is the the mars 300s do not have IR. so maybe not ideal for bloom? but i have seen so many vids of mars grows that look good so how important could it be. I know the science behind it but vid proof is vid proof. my .02

UPDATE DAY 2

All my little sprouts are up with one lagging behind a bit with its shell still on. will update with photos when they are all up.

running 20/4 this time around.

I always think two is better than one. More versatile and better coverage. I'm not so sure what my reservation with mars is but I just have one. See lots of great grows with them though so who knows. All I know for sure as it is very hard to have too much light.

That confirmed spider farmer by meihzhi. The also stated that meizhi does have IR
might give it a go.

Coverage of the 600w is my whole tent. figured meizhi/vipar in the middle and mars on the sides. lots of overlap coverage

That is nice. I'm looking at supplementing with the round roleadro 189w I think. Looks like a good full spectrum with great penetration for a little 10 inch diameter light. I think they would be totally flexible as well. Thing I like about meizhi is that the 300w model has the veg and bloom switches.

as far as meizhi looks like only the 600 and up are semi decent. heavy on blue spectrum though. here roleadro is too exp lol

Back
Top Bottom