LED - just a little teaser

9BEqO8tyjzyK.jpg
Dec_6_1_.jpg

Curso's colas are so sugary sweet, nice work.
I have two 450's arriving Tuesday and they are going right into the flower room.

Probably between 1-3 to start, scrog or sog, soil, tented. I'll def be putting a journal up, they are for my madre, who is ill, and needs really good tomatoes.

To the price per watt ratio calculation:

"That's relative. Your chart doesn't have enough parameters to establish the answer to your question unless all you want to do is spend the least amount of money up front."

thats a fact gov

same deal with the par readings - two lights with two different spectrum distributions and the same wattage produce different par readings - the point is that these two factor calculations don't account for what we need, which is a controlled measurement of lights with identical LED spectrums and wattage, and lenses, and drivers, and array (maybe then we'd know who made the best LED's, switch out one factor for another and maybe we'd know who made the better driver, or lenses, or whichever was switched out leaving the other control group alone) - oh f' it man we're never going to get that.

I am going with what my plants tell me. A control plant is a better test measuring device in our application than a par measuring device. I think curso' pink goddess at the top of this thread should point you in the right direction.

No paid spokeman here.

the flowers outside of "core coverage" have not been slackers by an means
The change in par reading from core to non-core area is greater than the difference in my productive outcome consistently, and I have found this using Area 51 RW 150's, a Growblu 120x3, and the Mars II's I had. This is another reason, IMEO, that par readers are not the whole answer.

Will do, I have prescription sunglasses, I dunno If they have any special protection, should I get something stronger? My eyesight is fine for wandering around the grow without prescription glasses

Will do, I have prescription sunglasses, I dunno If they have any special protection, should I get something stronger? My eyesight is fine for wandering around the grow without prescription glasses

I use Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by grow room lighting. I originally purchased the Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by High Pressure Sodium lights I use for flowering. I have found the Active Eye Growroom Glasses will also protect your eyesight from Ultra Violet and Infra Red LED light from the LED light panels as well. The Active Eye Growroom Glasses color is a little blue but you can see the leaves and read your plants health very well under the LED light panels.

https://hydrofarm.com Active Eye Growroom Glasses

I dont see why not? It all depends on the size of the plants and how long you want to veg. Some people SCROG and flower when the plant is about 1' tall. Others wait till the plant grows up to around 2-3'. Its all variable. What works for one person, does not work for another. What are your goals for weight?

I dont see why not? It all depends on the size of the plants and how long you want to veg. Some people SCROG and flower when the plant is about 1' tall. Others wait till the plant grows up to around 2-3'. Its all variable. What works for one person, does not work for another. What are your goals for weight?

Well if I have 32 plants, 4 oz. per plant would make me pretty happy, seems like a pretty achievable goal to me if I'm running 8 450 lights in an 8x8 tent. But I won't be complaining if I get more. But that would ad up to almost 8 pounds for the grow tent with the set up I'm looking at

4OZ per plant is lofty for small plants. Going to have to grow them pretty decent size. You have to figure a 450 best case will net you roughly 20oz on a good optimal grow, or atleast that about my estimation. But thats provided you have enough coverage per plant and dont skimp on lighting (2x2 area per light). Then, if you were to cover it up with 8 lights, you are looking at about 160oz but more realistically probably closer to your number.

I dont think you could do your number without 8 LED lamps or 4x1000 HPS.

And I would agree that it would do a good job but I do not think he will be yielding 120+ oz with just 6 lights. I think he would be BEST CASE with a good yielding strain at about 100. I prefer to figure out yield based on area + light output. You cant judge off plants IMO. Ive yielding 1 1/4 oz per plant in soil 1 gallon pots before and Ive yielding 2 oz in 3 gallon pots with different plant sizes. Overall yield was about the same though.

Just curious how you think quality is higher with LED than HPS? You could make the assumption then that the quality would be higher with outdoor grow vs. indoor but that is far from the case. I understand LED is a high investment but should pay for itself in the long run. The only question is yield IMO.

Just curious how you think quality is higher with LED than HPS? You could make the assumption then that the quality would be higher with outdoor grow vs. indoor but that is far from the case. I understand LED is a high investment but should pay for itself in the long run. The only question is yield IMO.

I yielded 792g off my last plant from 550w Cant say that about hps. Everything I have tested has tested well, very well for some...

Which lights were you running Curso? Pretty amazing. I am not doubting you as I am just beginning to try the LED tech myself. We will see how this grow goes that I am running now. Im assuming you were pulling 550w, so basically 2x450? If so, thats pretty incredible and I can only hope I yield like that!

Which lights were you running Curso? Pretty amazing. I am not doubting you as I am just beginning to try the LED tech myself. We will see how this grow goes that I am running now. Im assuming you were pulling 550w, so basically 2x450W? If so, thats pretty incredible and I can only hope I yield like that!

Yep 2 450W in a 4x4 with a 6 month veg and 20gl worth of soil....numbers were really, really nice...I think I maxed out the potential of those 2 lights. I think if I added a 3rd I would hit what I was trying to accomplish, which was a 2lb plant inside.

Back
Top Bottom