LED's Just Arrived (but don't look quite right)

Stoopingcrane:

Not going to lie. I am a little jealous you got the grey one.

Based on comments on this thread, I bet the new model 300 and 450's are going out before the new higher watt models (600, 900, and 1200) because they sell more of the lower watts models than the higher watt model, so it would only be natural that they sell out and replace the higher volume models before the lower volume models.

Hopefully Platinum will stop being so damn secretive and let us know what is going on so I can complete my planned grow tent expansion.....

:thanks:

Nate

Stoopingcrane:

Not going to lie. I am a little jealous you got the grey one.

Based on comments on this thread, I bet the new model 300 and 450's are going out before the new higher watt models (600, 900, and 1200) because they sell more of the lower watts models than the higher watt model, so it would only be natural that they sell out and replace the higher volume models before the lower volume models.

Hopefully Platinum will stop being so damn secretive and let us know what is going on so I can complete my planned grow tent expansion.....

:thanks:

Nate

Kind of fucked honestly. The transparency involved in all of these "new" lights is pretty stupid. I guess that is why PLED is keeping their website the same so people do not have a leg to stand on about the whole "new" light situation (some getting old model, others getting new).

Pretty shitty deal for those receiving the old lights but I guess thats the way it goes. Would be nice for the company to make an actual statement rather than beat around the bush.

I agree the fact that Pled has not updated their webpage not a coincedence. But I disaggree that the new Grey madel is a huge change. I bought my P300's 3 weeks apart and have them both hanging next to each other. Other than cosmetic differences and a different placement of the diodes I can tell no difference in the light output or a difference in plant growth.
So if you have a White version I wouldnt fret. Also it has been rumored that the new grey lights have 12 bands. The label on the box that came with my grey version states 11 bands.
Pled is shipping these new grey units but saying nothing about them in any detail.

Today I received 1 of the 3 p300's I ordered a couple weeks back (spot on with their shipping estimate since they're backordered). Shipping email said all 3 were sent so I was disappointed to only get the one with no indication of when/if the other two would arrive. It is the older white model which kind of surprised me since recent talk here seemed to indicate the backorder was for rolling out the new lights. Not sure how they're deciding whether to send the old or new model, but if you were looking to get the new ones, I'd suggest holding off until they're officially announced (and specs given). Like someone said earlier, I'm totally fine with this model as it is the one I ordered and there doesn't seem to be a huge difference other than the aesthetics, just odd to order something and not know exactly what you're getting. Anyways, hoping to hear back from PLED soon about the other two as having only the one isn't helping my grow at this point.

You probably wont hear from PLED about it. I chatted online with PLED when I was slightly interested and they told me weeks ago that all the models shipping would be the new "upgraded" grey case models. Apparently, that is not happening and Mark does not want to address it on the forums. Kind of shady IMO. I am definitely happy I did not order after he told me that!

Just received my light today and its the old model WTF, straight from hong kong, very disappointed, think i will be sending it back

I think it's unreasonable to have been expecting something different than what you ordered. Nobody from PLED has said they would be the new light. I started this thread because I received the new light, not knowing why it was different than what I ordered, and was surprised to find out it was an updated model. I wasn't expecting it, and would have been very happy receiving the model I ordered. It's too bad you got your hopes up based on forum discussions, but what more could you expect?

What did you expect Luck? Most companies push their older model until their warehouse is gone or at least until the new models become known and expected to be shipped out when ordered. If they're not even being advertised yet I wouldn't fret about it. They're quality lights, I don't think you should be upset over 11 and 12 band quite yet.

Realistically how much of a light can you change unless you're changing drivers and the whole diode? I highly doubt they would change over diodes to a new company and if they were improving their drivers or diodes they probably would be open about that. Maybe I'm entirely wrong though, just my .02.

Hey guys.. on that note.. let's have a little chat. Have a sat and pack that thing up.

Here's the straight scoop on the new lights and the confusion with what's shipping:

We had one very limited batch of new lights that we were able to produce before overseas holidays completely backed up supply chains from here to kingdom come. It was the worst timing known to man. We thought we would be able to completely transition to the new models seamlessly.. but due to supply chains being so heavily taxed.. we were unable to as we had planned. We actually were not even able to produce a single light for a number of weeks due to raw materials shortages. Now throw in a metric ton of orders.. as in.. on an incomprehensible scale. We're producing the most powerful, highest quality, best performing lights at the best price in the industry right now and the results have caught some serious attention.

Since the supply chains finally loosened up in the last couple of weeks, we've been producing and shipping lights as fast as hands can move. Literally. We're still trying to get up on top of orders that come in while back orders are being filled at this point. Almost there.. but not quite yet. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks.

This is why we have not updated the site nor released anything about any new lights. We at no point have told anyone that they are now shipping and if they claim otherwise, we would enjoy seeing a transcript of that conversation as it did not happen.. plain and simple. We've chosen to stay focused on what we're doing right now as things are extremely, extremely busy. We stay positive, focused, and committed 110% to developing and producing the best LED grow lights known to man and as such.. this allows little forum energy. We choose to let the lights and results speak louder than any words. We're more than happy however to have a conversation with anyone that wishes to email, call or chat via the website. We'll always tell you exactly what's up. Any questions, come to us first.

As for the statement by Curso that has caused some confusion about new models shipping.. we actually were unaware of that until just the other day. That was an assumption and a case of being a little too quick to post. Unfortunately, the forum code doesn't allow editing of posts after a certain time.

We absolutely and unabashedly apologize for any confusion anywhere about anything as it wasn't our intention in the least. Communication is key though and we make ourselves completely accessible for any questions. Got a phone? Pick it up! There's our number in our signature. We'll tell you just about anything you'd like to know. That's what we're here for: you guys and gals. We're not kidding when we say that we love you all. We do. This is our community.. and a damn fine one at that.

So.. the TL;DR: Sorry for any confusion. Any questions, get in touch directly. New models coming soon and when they're ready, you'll know. Nothing beforehand. Never assume. Stay positive and the love.. it comes back to you.

Now quit camping on that thing and pass it here. Dammit. Who stole the lighter?

:ganjamon:

Platinum:

Thank you for responding. It sure cleared the air. I'm very happy with all of my Platinum lights, but you know growers. We are passionate. We want the best we can get for our babies, and when stories of these new, better, more bands, and prettier lights come along, it's only a natural to get your hopes up that the order you just placed just MIGHT be the new model, but those expectations coming crashing down when that big box from China is opened and you see the glare of white metal and not the warm glow of grey metal.

I also won't blame Curso for anything. He made what he thought was a correct statement that just so happened to be wrong.

I now have all the lights I'm going to need for a while. I will continue to use Platinum lights but will closely monitor the new models for whenever I'm ready to upgrade...

Congrats on the easter egg.. :thumb:

More details coming later. We'll say that the differences are much, much more than just cosmetic. You now own one of the newest, most powerful LED grow lights ever created.

Enjoy!

i was avoiding the pled issues but i had to step up and straight up state :

The statement above is absolute bullshit. These lights are in no way the latest technology or the most powerful. It is preposterous on pleds part to drop a bombastic statement like that with zero comparisons and zero science.

I brought up the carny atmosphere pled brings to 420 and that is a perfect example.

Whats the deal with pleds having the name "advanced" pleds on amazon. Advanced is/was a respected brand.

"There's no way to win against haters especially those with agenda's" newoldguy now thats an eloquent response to folks challenging your confirmation bias.

NO ONE on this thread has shown any literacy in physics or state of the art horticultural lighting yet you all insist youre up to speed. Youre not. How does a laughably false boast "newest, most powerful LED grow lights ever created" go unchallenged on this thread? Simple. There is no one active on this thread that is sufficiently knowledgeable.

Pled sponsored growers save your breath. Receiving free gear and then gushing over it only adds to the suspect claims and carny vibe.

I have both the grey and white P300 I have stated twice other than cosmetic and diode placement I can see no difference in output or growth of the plants between the two. So I am somewhat suspect of Pled's claim their is a big difference.
I am happy with my lights, I bought them based on a few grows I've seen on video or in grow journals here and reviews from other owners.
I knew Curso's grow was sponsored and one of his grows I believe was vegged under different lights and finished with the Platinum lamps. The end result was what I was looking at closely.
Virtually all the sellers claim their units are the best most powerful in the universe and I pretty much disregard their claims.
If I buy anymore lights in the near future I may try a different brand or stay with Pled.
It appears to me there are more Mars grows going on than Platinum LED grows. Most of the Pled grows seem to be sponsored.

Back
Top Bottom