LED's Just Arrived (but don't look quite right)

420Epicurean

Hello All,

As the title indicates, I just received 2 brand new p450's from Platinum LED via Amazon. When I opened them up, they are different than the standard white housing with black and red logo stickers you see all over this website, their website, and the amazon ad where I purchased the lights. Rather, the housing is grey, and the words Platinum LED are die cut out of the housing. The power cord is your standard computer style power cord, which is also different from the product pictures. It's difficult to say with certainty, but when compared to pictures, the spectrum seems to be a bit different, too.

Does anybody have any insight into my peculiar lights? I tried to PM (DM? whatever) the company, but could not due to my lack of posts. (I also left them a phone message and an email). I don't want to put these into service without finding out why my lights are different.

Thanks!

This is just my opinion, but I think that some of the changes, like color or the power cord were done to
try and combat the misinformation being spewed by those who have some agenda against them
on these various forums.

Unfortunately I think that if this is the reasoning for some of the changes, it will have only a so-so effect.
Instead of hearing, "they look like eshine so they must be eshines with stickers on them"
it will change to something like "see, we were right they're trying to hide the fact that they were scamming everyone by reselling eshines".

There's no way to win against haters especially those with agenda's or I should say the only way to win is just ignore them.
Sell a quality product, answer legit questions about the product and ignore those who are trying to hurt you, in whatever way.

Just some thoughts.

They are made in China by an OEM LED manufacturer. You pay extra buying from them (platinum) because they probably are better specs RE: the BIN of the LEDS, the fans and heatsinks, power drivers etc. You also pay more for a 5 year warranty.

If you want a similar light for cheaper you can have it IMO, if you want better quality and long warranty buy these.

I really dont know what all the fuss is about. :Namaste:

kpunx When did you order your lights? Also did you get any kind of tracking number from Amazon. I ordered my last P300 directly from Pled and received no tracking information, so I really no idea where it is or when it is coming. Which is ok, it is no big deal.

Hello All,

As the title indicates, I just received 2 brand new p450's from Platinum LED via Amazon. When I opened them up, they are different than the standard white housing with black and red logo stickers you see all over this website, their website, and the amazon ad where I purchased the lights. Rather, the housing is grey, and the words Platinum LED are die cut out of the housing. The power cord is your standard computer style power cord, which is also different from the product pictures. It's difficult to say with certainty, but when compared to pictures, the spectrum seems to be a bit different, too.

Does anybody have any insight into my peculiar lights? I tried to PM (DM? whatever) the company, but could not due to my lack of posts. (I also left them a phone message and an email). I don't want to put these into service without finding out why my lights are different.

Thanks!

I have 2 of those in my tent too...They're nice lights man. You got the correct light.

Congrats on the easter egg.. :thumb:

More details coming later. We'll say that the differences are much, much more than just cosmetic. You now own one of the newest, most powerful LED grow lights ever created.

Enjoy!

kpunx When did you order your lights? Also did you get any kind of tracking number from Amazon. I ordered my last P300 directly from Pled and received no tracking information, so I really no idea where it is or when it is coming. Which is ok, it is no big deal.

Same here, I am waiting for 7x P450's... Its GREAT to see that they're going to be EVEN BETTER!

Although the website does now say "Availability : Expected shipping dates: 3/23 - 3/26"

Would be nice to have at least an ETA for my order though...

Awesome! Thank you for letting me know. They are certainly bright as all get out! Thank you also to all the other nice folks who took the time to reply as well. I'm pretty jazzed!!

I purchased them from Amazon on 2/26. I received tracking info, and they arrived promptly from a warehouse in Texas. I am a prime subscriber, so your experience may be different.

I got my newest P300 today.......pretty fast shipping I ordered it Sunday Feb 22nd and got to my door today March 3. Considering it came from China and still got here within 9 days is pretty impressive. Mine is one of the new Grey versions. It says it is a 11 band light, some are saying it is a 12 band. I will compare it to the White P300 I received 3 weeks ago.
I have to say when you hold one of these units they feel like high quality lights. One thing I did noticed and I haven’t weighed it. But the grey version feels heavier.

They are heavier...btw I thought the same thing when I was hanging them, but then just blamed it on being weak from being sick.

Mark's brother and I tired (he did, I couldn't do it without being 100% I would drop them so Mark took over) to carry one of each light from the parking lot to the booth at the cup. Man, those things got heavy....

Back
Top Bottom