LED - just a little teaser

image15302.jpg
image15260.jpg
image15258.jpg
image15255.jpg

Amazing Tav, they look delicious, looks like they are really having a great time.
:bravo:

:bravo:

Sensational Gov!

That 300W is kicking ass big time wouldn't you agree?!

She looks very happy and colourful!

Happy growing!

:Namaste:

Did you say 99w gov, lol.

I did. My 300W LED draws 99w in veg setting, and that's all that's been used so far...but that too is getting ready to change for the hempy plant.

Platinum (and anyone else that uses a par meter in a video) please for the love of god stop calling it u mols... it is not a u but the scientific way to write micro as in micromolar or 1M x 10-6 or .000001 Molar per cubic foot.

To be pedantic, it's not supposed to be a letter "u", but the greek letter Mu. The correct, "scientific" way to abbreviate micro is with the letter mu. Because ASCII doesn't have greek characters, people use lowercase "u" as an informal substitute for Mu. Like Hosebomer says, when you see the "u", say "micro". When you write it by hand, put the tail on the "u" to make it a mu".

Additionally, the units of umols are photons per square meter per second, not per cubic foot. It's a measure of the concentration of photosynthetically active photons at a 2 D surface.

There is more to a plant than just chlorophyll production, which is the spectrum you are referring, there's loads of stuff going on in the mid range wavelengths. Chlorophyll is only part of a plant....why just focus on one part when there are a million other things happening??

I'm just trying to understand if the industry is using a scatter shot or a targeted approach towards achieving optimal results. I did some reading on the topic and wasn't finding anything that suggested specific regulatory mechanisms in cannabis are controlled by the off-peak wavelengths that are being included in many of the current LED lights. I'm pretty ignorant on the topic and would like to improve my understanding.

As I quickly discovered, the spectrum and intensity of illumination is only part of the picture. For example, some plants are quite sensitive to the sudden onset of full illumination, and the 3-D internal structure of the photoreceptors changes significantly if the angle of illumination changes over the day. There's lot's of room for the artificial lighting manufacturers to improve efficiency and optimize their products for different crops.

Ask the sun why it puts out than more that red and blue light...LOL

It usually doesn't answer my questions :) It's a bad-ass, nuclear furnace spewing out nasty ionizing radiation and ejecting massive amounts of high speed, charged particles as well as the photons that can be safely captured and put to use. We obviously don't want all of the sun's spectrum for growing plants.

looking good. I'm VERY eager to see how this turns out since you're a good grower and I want this exact light. you may have vegged too long for a 175 watt light though.

looking good. I'm VERY eager to see how this turns out since you're a good grower and I want this exact light. you may have vegged too long for a 175 watt light though.

If you're talking to me, then I would have agreed in the past, but as has been pointed out, PAR values aren't necessarily related to power draw. So, I guess we'll all see in the coming weeks. ;)

I know I'm ready! Waiting by the door like a puppy. Would adding a couple 250w CFL lights in my 4x4 room help or hurt the veg / flower cycles any or am I wasting money and time? just 3 plants and I was considering adding a couple CFLs vertically for better coverage under the canopy. Any thoughts?
Thanks, Andy.

Just ordered one of these babies! Make sure you guys wrap it well, it a loong way down under. :)

Bugger! I ust noticed the members discount..grr I didnt use the code..ah well no worries.

The code didn't work for me on Amazon. Said it was invalid. You missed nothing, M8.

I just wanted to post in this thread having just switched to LED. I have been growing for about 2 years now. I have been using a 1000w HPS. My space is only 2'x6' and I have had trouble keeping it cool and getting the light coverage across the width since the beginning. I constantly have to move my girls around trying to make sure that they all get decent coverage. I ordered 2x600 lights about a week and a half ago. I installed them 4 days ago (2 weeks into flower). I can't believe how much perkier and happier my babies look 4 days after making the switch. The coverage is perfect over pretty much every inch of the space and the temp is so low that I am actually considering installing a small heater. The units seems to be very well made as well. All in all I am very impressed with the lights. I will keep you posted over the next few weeks.

Okay, gotcha. I misunderstood you.

Back
Top Bottom