LED Soil Indoor Royal Dwarf's 2020

Juvoslav

420 Member
So, let's start, this is my first grow in life.

Strain: Royal Dwarf auto strain from RQS x 2 pcs - code name "Alpha" and "Beta". (third one died in germination stage)
Dwarf is small plant, Sativa with 13% of THC. Ideal for begginers.

Vegetation start day: 18.05.2020.

Grow room: My grow space is old closet in garage, dimension (with isolation) is 38cm width x 44cm depth x 110cm height. (1,25 x 1,44 x 3,61 feet)
I have 0,17 m2 of grow space, or 1,8 sq/ft. In upper space is small toilet vent with specification of 100 cm3/h. You can see picture of my grow space.
But those bigger plants in picture is some random seeds, just for testing of grow space. Now those plants are on sun, I gave them to my friend. :D

Ventilation: 100m3/h toilet vent for exhaust, inlet is passive, and I have 120mm PC vent for air circulation in box. Exhaust goes through the wall to outside. PC vent works all time, but exhaust vent works full time when is "day", but in night is turned off - but it turns ON every 45 minutes for about 15 minutes of duration. (second timer)

Bucket Size - 7 liter or 1,85 gallon.

Medium - Terra Brill soil. Picture in bellow.

Lights - custom LED panel, with total power of 51W in vegetation. Picture with bulb types is bellow. ( 2x11w 6500k, 2x9w 3000k and 1x11w 4000k). I'm waiting full spectar 19W led bulb, and when it arrives from China, I will put it intead of 1x11w 4000k. Then I will have total power of 58w in vegetation.( 2x11w 6500k, 2x9w 3000k and 1x18w full spectar with IR light)
Distance from top of plant is 35 cm (now 50000 lux ??).

Nutrients - nothing in vegetation, just Plantella Flower in flowering.

Training method: LST

PH: didn't measure it yet

Time period: 18/6 (from 10am to 4pm is "dark")

Temp of box: , at night is 17-20C, at day is 24-28C.

But I have one incandescent bulb 100w for heating. Because vent is to strong, and without that bulb temperature is 4-5 celzius smaller.

Watering: every third to fourth day

So folks, my plants are now in the seventeenth (17) day of vegetation. I repot them on sunday 31.05.2020. One is in 7 liter pot, second in 5 liter.

They looks healty, but I think that they grows slow?

And germination was very slow, they released the germ only after 6 days and 28C temperature in toilet paper with water.

What do you think?

Attachments

• box - with old seeds for testing-cleaned.jpg
    box - with old seeds for testing-cleaned.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 51
  • soil-cleaned.jpg
    soil-cleaned.jpg
    826.3 KB · Views: 85
  • led-cleaned.jpg
    led-cleaned.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 21.05.2020.-cleaned.jpg
    21.05.2020.-cleaned.jpg
    749.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 31.05.2020.-cleaned.jpg
    31.05.2020.-cleaned.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 03.06.2020. - Alpha-cleaned.jpg
    03.06.2020. - Alpha-cleaned.jpg
    889.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 03.06.2020. - Beta-cleaned.jpg
    03.06.2020. - Beta-cleaned.jpg
    743.4 KB · Views: 73
Hi! They're nice and green and growing so thumbs up there. Transplanting may have slowed them down a little. Many recommend starting autos in their final pots. I tried it both ways with autos though and didn't notice any difference really. Give them some more time but I think your lighting may be a bit less than desirable. Especially when you get into flowering. Be good to see how these do as I have a very small grow space and have considered trying the Royal Dwarf strain in the future. Welcome to the forums and enjoy the process. Nothing better than enjoying the fruits of your labour. :yummy:

Thank you.

I think that I overwatered it when I was doing repot. Soil was very wet, but I put about 7 dcl water on it.

Today is still wet.My moise tool for measurement says same thing.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just wait until she's dry before watering again. You want those roots to grow out searching for water. It's tricky when you first start and I think we all over water at some point in the beginning.

What about flowering stage? On next monday, my plants will be 3 weeks old. In other diarys of Royal Dwarf, I saw that some plants start flowering in fourth week.

Can auto plant start flowering in small size or when they reach the height specified in the genes?

Here is comparation of yesterday and today - they both growth. :)

But Beta have lighter color of leaves.

Attachments

• 03.06.2020. - Alpha-cleaned.jpg
    03.06.2020. - Alpha-cleaned.jpg
    889.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 04.06.2020. - Alpha.jpg
    04.06.2020. - Alpha.jpg
    888.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 03.06.2020. - Beta-cleaned.jpg
    03.06.2020. - Beta-cleaned.jpg
    743.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 04.06.2020. - Beta.jpg
    04.06.2020. - Beta.jpg
    807.5 KB · Views: 79
As autoflowers aren't dependant on light schedule to initiate flowering they will begin flowering usually between 3-4 weeks old (varies slightly between strains). Regardless of size. Once the seeds pop the clock starts ticking.

That is not great news, because now all plants are 7-8 cm tall. They are now old 18 days.

I think that this will be dwarf like they sad - minimal 40cm.

That is not great news, because now all plants are 7-8 cm tall. They are now old 18 days.

I think that this will be dwarf like they sad - minimal 40cm.
Don't panic. As you say, this strain has been bred to be short. They look healthy enough and could take off at any moment. Not sure on the nutrient levels of your soil but you could perhaps introduce a small amount of growth nutrients into the next watering? Someone else here might have a better idea on that. I've only done autos in biobizz light mix and started 1/4 dose nutrients after about 2 weeks. Could be due to overwatering so the roots haven't grown out. What's going on below will be reflected above. Just make sure you let those pots get nice and light between feeds.

Well, in my medium (Terra Brill soil) transcript - it says that in soil is enough food for 4 weeks.

I will wait this week - I think that overwatering in repot is maybe problem. At end of week I will be smarter, and post new images of plants. :)

Thank you!

Here's my last autoflower grow at 3 weeks. One had started popping pistils out already. This was my 3rd grow though and I'd learnt a lot from the first 2. It's your first grow so don't beat yourself up and it's still fairly early days. Many first timers don't even get this far so it's positive you have two healthy plants growing. Use the first grow as a learning experience and dialling in your environment. Whatever you get at the end is a bonus. You're on the right track so don't get disheartened or panic and mess about with them too much.
IMG_20190907_172133_DRO-1.jpg

They are looking very good!

I think that next year I will use feminized seeds, and play "god" with light schedule. :D

But yes, you are right. This is my first grow, I am very excited - and how much I will get its not important. Next grow will be better.

My first plan was to have 2 plants in this grow box, and just before flowering stage - put one plant outside on sun. But if they stay little plants, I will leave them both in grow box.

2 days ago I squeezed the jar a bit to give the soil air to dry faster. The Moist meter still says it’s wet, and it feels under your finger that it’s wet. Watering will go on Sunday.

I noticed some little yellow dot on Beta, hopefully nothing.

Since my box is 0.17m2, yesterday I was reasonable, and fixed the lighting, ie reduced.

0.17m2 x 320w (per m2) = 55w. The vegetation needs less than that number.
I have now reduced it from 51w to 42w. Distance from the tops still 34-35 cm.

Now my luxmeter on phone says about 38-40.000 lux.

I think that only problem was my overwatering on repot day.

Attachments

• 05.06.-Alpha clean.jpg
    05.06.-Alpha clean.jpg
    928.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 05.06.-Beta clean.jpg
    05.06.-Beta clean.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 74
2 days ago I squeezed the jar a bit to give the soil air to dry faster. The Moist meter still says it’s wet, and it feels under your finger that it’s wet. Watering will go on Sunday.

I noticed some little yellow dot on Beta, hopefully nothing.

Since my box is 0.17m2, yesterday I was reasonable, and fixed the lighting, ie reduced.

0.17m2 x 320w (per m2) = 55w. The vegetation needs less than that number.
I have now reduced it from 51w to 42w. Distance from the tops still 34-35 cm.

Now my luxmeter on phone says about 38-40.000 lux.

I think that only problem was my overwatering on repot day.
Keep and eye on it but don't worry yet. IMO unless they are showing signs of light stress I'd keep the lights on full strength. Unless you have an accurate way of converting, lux means nothing to a plant. That's a measure of visible light to the human eye. Only water them on Sunday if they actually need it. The soil should be dry down to around the bottom inch.

I will stay on 42w of LED light, and wait until monday. On monday I will measure plants (height), and post new pictures.

And than decide maybe to put some fertilizer direct on plants leaves, with spraying.

The girls will always let you know when they're thirsty too. I've never done foliar feeding but just make sure you do it at the right time so the leaves don't burn. Good job so far mate.

So, today both girls are 3 weeks old. On friday, 05.06. - I gave them 20 hours of light, instead of 18. And I gave them some microbiological fertilizer for roots.

And in just 2 days, Beta explode - she got 6cm in height.
Alpha have some strange problem and she dont want to grow.

Next week they will start to flowering.
Because of that, yesterday Beta get some LST training for bottoms flowers to get bigger.
I dont know what to do with Alpha plant - leave her in grow box or to put she outside od sun and wait what will be. :confused:

Attachments

• 08.06. Alpha.jpg
    08.06. Alpha.jpg
    869.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Beta 08.06..jpg
    Beta 08.06..jpg
    682.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Beta 08.06. LST_clean.jpg
    Beta 08.06. LST_clean.jpg
    794.3 KB · Views: 37
Believe or not, from friday to monday - plant Beta drank all water, so yesterday I gave her another water.

I will back with new reports on friday.

Thanks!

Plant named "Beta" grows very good, I gave her LST for 3 times...

Plant "Alpha" is realy retarted one. I dont know what is with her, I repoted her before 2 days, soil in old pot was very wet and bad...Maybe to much water and bad cheap pot.
Now this plant goes to flowering stage.

I think I will place her outside - on sun and leave to flower outside.

Attachments

• IMG_20200612_103643.jpg
    IMG_20200612_103643.jpg
    722.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20200612_103654.jpg
    IMG_20200612_103654.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom