Lemon Skunk First Grow + Poor Man's Grow

Re: Motionmans lemon skunk first grow + poor mans grow

hi guys thanks for the posts

Tnoldon: i will move the plants tomorrow one will stay in the pot and the others will go into smaller pots. However their is space issues and i have looked into finding the cfl fittings! However where i am, this seems to be impossible! and im not kidding, i can find them on foreign websites but not here, not in local stores or anything like that, the cfl seems to be used in lamps or kitchen lights but nothing like you have access to! AAAAA!

I may do some diy on the lamps i have already and try and get a longer bulb but thats the last thing i want to do. I will go out tomorrow and do some research on the cfl fittings.

Like you and Funnystyle have stated, i woke up this morning read the post and moved the lights to as horizontal as possible! they have moved towards the right a little to get more light but hopefully this will stop now.

PLANT UPDATE:

Their are now signs of the second set of leaves in the very first stages! the new seed in germination has split so are give it a little more tome for a new shoot and then it's going into a bio pot. to sit on the mesh!

ALSO

Been growing chilli's recently and through my knowledge on here i have six more plants shooting this morning and all have opened their leaves! YEA MAN! feeling the plants at the moment!! ha ha!

I really want to get the lights sorted to a cfl type fitting where i can attach four or three bulbs into. but we shall see tomorrow!

How do i plus reps??

last but not least cheers guys! nearly the weekend!!!

Hmmm? Well you might want to get those fixtures just order from lows.com or homedepot.com I actually got mine from out of the country and it shipped and got to me in a week.

The DIY lamps are the best way to go and they work so well and are cost efficient! I would try to get maybe 2/ 42w (150watt equivalent) cfl bulbs and 2/ 26watt (100watt equivalent) cfl bulbs. Thats about 1,700-2,000 lumens a piece and natural sun creates 10,000 lumens, so you'd be just a little under at around 8,000 which is good enough :) and sure you get ones with a soft blue light tint to is they should say daylight bulbs. Oh! also look for a y-socket so you can hang 2 lights from on socket instead of just one.

As for the lights try hanging them in the middle not above them them but in the middle by all the plants so they wont bend so much, once you get another light set up they wont stretch to either side so much. Another thing you can get is Mylar its a very reflective material, fire blankets are made from this they use them in camp gear they are fairly cheap like $3.50 or you can get Panda Film, or! just use cardboard and spray it white. never ever use tin foil!!! its actually horrible for reflectivity it absorbs 55% of light and what it reflects creates hot spots which will burn your plants...I already learned my lesson the hard way by making that mistake.

Thats great news on your seedlings bro! your plants sound like they are doing good and growing. Post as many pictures as you can it will help to see the progress and if someone sees something you might miss they can help you solve the problem. And the biggest thing is HAVE PATIENTS when I started growing i swear I checked on them every 10 minutes! this will drive you crazy lol so just check on em maybe once or twice a day make sure they are ok and have water. but don't over water. another thing you want your water PH to be between 6-6.5 for soil, invest in a PH tester.

Don;t know how to do +reps sorry lol

Can't wait for the weekend!! Take it easy MM

Hi

quick question!

in the image below i wanted to know which plant/plants i should remove from the pot tomorrow? And how i should go about it as they are very delicate.

;-)

IMAG01684.jpg

Didn't see your comment Tnoldon!

I have written the cfl bulb spec down and am going to check this out in diy stores tomorrow!

The reflective material you see is a car sun screen reflector so it should be ok! with a reflective tape to finish off the small areas.

I check them roughly four times a day it depends, but i dont touch them i just look check for signs of wilting or anything else. I have seen a spectacular fail of a grow a few years ago when my mate tried and i used to smoke.

I have been oing mass research hear and their, have you seen the union? It's probably the best documentary i have seen.

let me know what you think about the movement of the plants! cheers dude +rep!

Those seedlings are looking good bro! Ok so here is what I'm thinking for the plant transplant.
HELP9.jpg

Try to dig in the ares marked remember go as deep as you can because we really don't know how far the roots have gone and you don't want to dig to far out incase you hit the roots from the other plants. Then transplant immediately! have the pot you are going to transplant in ready to go! make sure there is drainage holes in whatever you are using also. If you get soil try to get some perlite so there will be more air space fill the pot you're using with some soil in the bottom and spray with a bit of water to get it wet. Take your seedling and put it in the pot burry it to just under the first node about a 1/2 inch under. and don't! pack the soil to much just enough to hold it in place.

Cheers dude! i have written that done as well! I will put these into smaller bio degradable pots, so when necessary to be planted else where.

Are follow your instructions to the T! ;-)

WOOO Tnoldon lol you dont need to go and do that man!

Seriously thanks! i have never received such good customer service lol! Would like to meet you and tnoldon!

;-)

WOOO Tnoldon lol you dont need to go and do that man!

Seriously thanks! i have never received such good customer service lol! Would like to meet you and tnoldon!

;-)

haha no problem bro! I know how hard it is being new to this and words are great to follow but picture sure do help so I decided to do that for you and I hope it helps. I think I'll try to explain stuff in words and pictures to make it that much easier to follow.

Yeah it would be cool to meet I've never been to another country before lol.
Good luck with the transplant I know it'll all go great!

Just thought I'd share this with you and for anyone else interested. I made a image its classic example of what happens when you do not know the PH of your water and you decide to add nutes to early. These are both my plants the one on the left was my first grow attempt I knew nothing and made tons of mistakes! also to prove these plants are strong..that same plant on the left is now my biggest plant and doing amazing! she is big and keeps on growing :)

the strains are different and this is a factor in size but either way the lemon skunk would be much much bigger had I taken better care of her and had more knowledge on nutes and PH
Nutes26.jpg

i wish we can abuse this +rep button and get it overwith. tnoldon deserves a metal btw... haha!

Haha thanks funny! I am a person who has learned from my mistakes and took pictures along the way. I just want to help people avoid these mistakes by seeing what happens if they don't use proper treatments.

Okay so i decided to transplant tonight as the girlfriend was on hand to help.

I have kept one seed in the pot, this is now centered and topped up with fresh seedling soil.

The other two are now in bio degradable pots, and i have no idea where to put them as i have no space.

IMAG01694.jpg

IMAG01715.jpg

Any suggestions please let me know!

I have also moved the lights to a more affective position. Tomorrow i will look at alternative lights. And hope the plants dont receive too much shock.

Just thought I'd share this with you and for anyone else interested. I made a image its classic example of what happens when you do not know the PH of your water and you decide to add nutes to early. These are both my plants the one on the left was my first grow attempt I knew nothing and made tons of mistakes! also to prove these plants are strong..that same plant on the left is now my biggest plant and doing amazing! she is big and keeps on growing :)

the strains are different and this is a factor in size but either way the lemon skunk would be much much bigger had I taken better care of her and had more knowledge on nutes and PH
Nutes26.jpg

wow thanks man! is their a simple way of geting around not using a ph tester? like using bottled water etc? i may be being stupid so state so if i am ;-)

Looking much better bro!! And as far as PH goes, there is no guarantee that any water you get will be perfectly balanced. They sell really cheap drop testers for less than $10, so I would suggest this at bare minimum.

Ok so i have found some where local that sells soil PH testers! if i buy one and the soil is to acidic for example is their a cheap method of fixing the soil problems?

Great job on the transplant!! everything is looking great bro and it looks like for know you have the lights at a better angle. I'm not to sure what to do about the soil, I could be wrong but you can try using a PH up or down for the water to correct the soil problem, but again I'm not to sure on that. I do know you want your waters PH to be between 6.5-6.8.

Keep up the good work, take it easy bro!

cheers dude i will have to have a look in my free time tomorrow! I may put one plat in natural light only, what do you think?
Peace

Back
Top Bottom