Lemon Skunk First Grow + Poor Man's Grow

Re: Motionmans lemon skunk first grow + poor mans grow

Hi all!

I have recently PH tested results below and got some nutes for later on in the grow if we get their, i also have some tests with nutes running on chilli plant seedlings.

IMAG01725.jpg

IMAG01735.jpg

I also think that my plants should be growing more than they are at the moment but they have been re planted and might be in shock.

Cheers!

Good you got the PH tester! and remember make sure you wait a while before adding any nutes. Some of these plants take time to grow and it will take patients my friend. The shock is a possible reason for slow growth but that wont last to long, before you know it you'll have a monster plant on your hands! Post some pics of the plants when you get a chance the more pictures the better. Take it easy friend and enjoy the weekend!!

oooo what are the N-P-K ratings on those nutes?? hey if it makes my leaves greener im up for it! haha i wana try growing one without any nutes and let the soil do its thing, maybe itll pull thru maybe it wont.. i know in nature the roots will go searching for foot underground but in pots we limit that so hmmmm

anyways u got nutes, ph strips, gorgeous females, and consistency.... doin great my man

Hey all

Update!

I need some good old 420 advice yellowing to extreme today the pictures dont do it justice. i have noticed dry soil to the extreme today. What should i do?

I am going to hopefully install a fan today and get that going!

Also the new seed sprouted leaves today in a deep green! lovely jubbly!

;-)

IMAG01811.jpg

IMAG01823.jpg

IMAG01834.jpg

I have not used nutes yet and will wait to hear back from you guys unitl i do anything else!

-Update-

Ok so i think i worked out the color problem, think i opened a window too many and they suffered from the cold!

Anyway fans in now, re arranged lights and also they are both 18watt energy 100watt equivalent.

The fans the way round like it is because it's quite powerful and i only want a small circulation, it moves the plants just a little as i want them to grow good strong stems!

The poor mans grow idea has now become a little bit of a joke! I realise though you pay for what you get, and the investment is what counts!

IMAG01872.jpg

IMAG01894.jpg

The other plants are my chilli's as they love the environment as well ;-)

Quite pleased with how this is going and hope they get going soon.

Peace all!

Hey Motionman welcome to :420:!

Looks like you're getting lots of great help.

Most store water that I've tested around here is ph 6.8, perfect for soil. DO NOT use distilled water!

Don't feed the girls yet but do keep the water moist, at this stage I water at least daily. You're not seeing much growth yet because it's the roots that are growing.

I assume with that fan that your temps are good.... get those cfl's close to the plants no more than 3". That's the number one best way to keep them short and bushy.

Where'd you get your seeds? Mine all came in plastic bags, can't imagine them just popping out and losing one! I'd be one unhappy camper.

Good luck and hang in there. Your biggest battle will be to not kill them with too much love. Let them be and don't try to do to much, it's way easier to recover from doing too little.

Good luck!

Hey blue dog thank you for dropping in well appreciated!

I look at the two three times a day to make minor checks etc. But i have been using tap water and think maybe it might be best to use store water instead, what do you think?

The seeds came in a stupid container, below, and when i opened it ping lol! GONE!

bhgr.jpg

Tap water could be just fine, depends on the ph and total alkalinity etc. Here in the states that information is usually available on the website of your local water district. See if you can find that.

Tap water usually has lots of beneficial micronutes that plants love.

cheers on that information! i will have a look now and see what i can find!

Hey blue dog thank you for dropping in well appreciated!

I look at the two three times a day to make minor checks etc. But i have been using tap water and think maybe it might be best to use store water instead, what do you think?

The seeds came in a stupid container, below, and when i opened it ping lol! GONE!

bhgr.jpg
England...Nice been wanting to vacation here for a long time.My girlfriends family is from europe.......What are your thoughts on green house.I tried to purchase but they dont sell to the u.s.:peace:

they should ship it in cd cases :)

No.From what they told me they dont deal with the u.s. because of all the problems we are having and leagalitys or some bs.Really it does not make sence to me I told them It was leagal for card holders.Ow well the local stuff we have is better any way if they want to be like that.There is problubly more to it but I have no problem from any other company?:peace:

Turttle is right it is due to the problems with legalisation, here they are sold as souvenirs to get around the problem but notice the small indented circle to remove the seeds ha ha!

Anyway i need help my fan is not moving enough air i am thinking of cutting out the reflective material to boost this. what does everyone think?

Anyway i need help my fan is not moving enough air i am thinking of cutting out the reflective material to boost this. what does everyone think?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion what I would do is mount the pc fan on the back of your drawer at the bottom and cut a hole out and then add another fan at the top of your drawer to pull the air out.To make it a little more trick I think they make pc fan screens with filters to keep the dust out.Also if your able to get some t5 2 ft flourescent to hang in the corners I think would work great for your application.:peace:

they should ship it in cd cases :)

HAHA yeah thats how I got mine!!

Hey hows everything going motionman? Quick question for you...what kind of soil are you using and does it have an y added nutes? soil with added nutes can be to hot for seedlings and what happens is it will nute burn and this will cause your leaves to turn yellow.

As for the first set of leaves it's no big deal if they yellow all of mine on my plants turned yellow and died and its even common for the first set of true leaves to yellow and die off after a few more nodes appear.

Overall I say everything is looking great bro!!! Keep it up keep posting and you'll be at harvest before you know it!

"The poor mans grow idea has now become a little bit of a joke! I realise though you pay for what you get, and the investment is what counts!"

Haha this is true bro. Yeah it starts as a poor mans grow and you end up getting more and more stuff and making more elaborate fixtures and all. and before you know it you have a full set up ready to grow anything! So I think it just starts as a poor mans grow and then turns into a full blown green house grow lol.

"The poor mans grow idea has now become a little bit of a joke! I realise though you pay for what you get, and the investment is what counts!"

Haha this is true bro. Yeah it starts as a poor mans grow and you end up getting more and more stuff and making more elaborate fixtures and all. and before you know it you have a full set up ready to grow anything! So I think it just starts as a poor mans grow and then turns into a full blown green house grow lol.

That's how it is with anything bro. Most mechanics don't start out with all the tools first. You start with a couple wrenches, but after awhile you end up with more and more tools. You start figuring out that you need certain tools for certain jobs. Then one day you have a whole shop!

I don't know where that came from. This purple diesel sure brings some rambling out of me! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom