Little ladies I saved from a dungeon of heat stress and over watering!

VERMONTSKUNK

I wanted to start by saying hello to everyone. I most recently was given the chance to save these plants from an unsavory farmer. Figured the
three_little_ladies.jpg
overwatered.jpg
y would be better suited under my supervision. That being said i am perplexed with a strain can anyone guess by looking? I was thinking indica/kush? I have no idea tho. I found them overwatered, in way too much heat from wrong lighting and root bound. Transplanted(gently) into much better soil and enviroment. I am all ears on any suggestions! thankyou all! peace!
flowering14.jpg

although, you have multiple plants in 1 pot, which could cause the growth rate to be hindered when they get taller. It may be problematica to do another transplant considering the circumstances. But looks like OG heritage to me. Also, since they are probably sativa dominant, you could expect 5-6 foot tall plants.

Ya know, when i wake up and look here to see such wonderful feedback it gives me that warm feeling all over. In regards to multiple in pots i was really tearing myself up over another transplant. Dont wanna stress them anymore than they were. Any and all suggestions i am most certainly anxious to hear everyone's advice. Thanks guys! lots of love!

three_little_ladies.jpg
Can anyone give me some insight on why one of the ladies in the middle blue box is having leaf taco issue's, im perplexed cause no other plant seems to have this issue and there sharing soil! Help please!:420:

I'm not sure what you mean by " leaf taco issues ". Also, about how many gallons is the blue pot? You have 3 plants in there, and they will be crowding for space in some time.
photo_12_11.JPG

If the leaves are standing tall, and firm, and almost cupped like a soft taco shell, then they will be enjoying the light intake. Please elaborate, or take a better pic of what you mean.
photo_19_3.JPG

K I'll need to take a better picture. The blue bin is a postal bin for mail i punched a chitload of air holes through. They are gonna need to be put in different pots, im kicking myself in the ass for not realizing this. Lee thankyou for your insight.

Some advice for if you want to transplant and separate ( which may be a good idea ) -- you will need help to transplant the 3 plants, in which case I suggest having helping hands ( 2 friends ) to help hold each plant as you flip the bin. Good luck! I will see the leaf taco issue.
And no problem, I am fascinated by these medicinal plants.

FIRSTLY, relaxed i often ask myself why folks like you dont live closer! lol, that being said help is doable(the wife), and i was thinking 10 gallon bucket size?

5-8 would be fine but 10 would alow them ladies to get a good growth outwards and height wise, I hope you keep this updated as with 10g pots there gunna be some tall beautiful girls :D

@ Relaxed Lee I wish i could be as relaxed as you lol, living in the uk this is near enough impossible to grow outside as of the weather and the fact my yard is able to be seen by alot of grasses :(

@VERMONTSKUNK: Haha - you never know. In my opinion, if you leave those 3 plants in that blue postal bin, there will be some serious competition for remaining nutrients + a massive trifecta rootball will form eventually. They should be good for awhile, you just don't want to transplant them when they begin to flower, and messing with the roots (touching them) is not something you really want to do. By that I mean - if you leave them too long, you'll have to untangle them,etc. Get 'em into separate 5-7 gallon pots as soon as you can , in order to maximize amount of vegetative growth = more locations buds can grow. Be delicate as you can when transplanting, you don't want to break anything! As long as you make sure that gets done properly, that should be your only real issue at the moment. Make sure to have fans running, check humidity/temperature, and pH. It's ok to have pH fairly alkaline during vegetative growth as it can maximize intake of nitrogen, and other helpful inorganic substances. What fertilizers you want to use is up to you, the big thing is not to use too much when you do.

@ThySaint: I'm a fan of growing outdoors. I've heard it not only produces a higher yield, but also higher potency medicine (primarily if grown organic) The free wind, sometimes free rainwater, and free photons from the greatest, our Sun. Only thing is the mercy of mother nature herself. Having to deal with humidity ( plant mold ) if growing near the coast, lots of bugs love the aroma of the cannabis plant until it gets strong enough to act as a repelling ester. I've even had problems with racoons/skunks digging up the roots of my baby ( actually the one i previously posted). Not only that, but the plant I previously poasted has been through a LOT. A massive storm came through during her infant stage, about 3 weeks old. It was left underneath the drainage from the roof, where water droplets the size of basketballs were slamming into this ~5 inch tall plant. When I came to examine it, HALF of the soil was gone, and it was a curled up little piece of grass. I thought it was OVER and was furious. Since I am persistent, I figured "Hell, this is one of the most resilient plant species in the world " So, i added some miracle grow from the yard, make sure the root was back in the soil, and propped it up with a Y-shaped stick. In about 3-4 days it went from being a curled up little peice of grass with a root on top of soil ----> to a much stronger plant that was standing upright again, and no longer needed the stick. I was amazed, and knew it would survive as long as nothing else like that happens again.

Sorry I'm a little late for my journal. LoL

@Relaxed Lee i live near enough to scotland, Im 5 mins away from a fishing port (loads of salt in the air) im guessing you're from us, you guys probably have the worst of the pests lol... here since its mostly cold and wet we only get slugs mainly but but if not then the snails are at them.

I would love to do a total organic grow like your self but it wouldn't work as of the above problems, Haha Organic bird shit, I wonder though do you just clean that shit off while growing or just when she is about done ? as i have seen some flowers here covered in bird shit and they actually flower vastly with a nicer / warmer color not just darkish green than there sister nodes (really awesome cheese though I do say xD ) , but I never asked me mate about it, plus he also lives in a Yorkshire so he has acre's of land that the farmers do not even bother going / public wouldn't find them.

high bro. I agree with relaxed lee about the space. Every plant needs it's own pot. There will be alot of competition. On the other hand the strain that you have is very difficult to know unless you know where the seed or clipping came from. The first thing I noticed was the very broad leaves which indicate an indica strain not a sativa which has long skinny leaves. Smell can be another indicator, While in flowering cycle take your thumb and index finger and rub the stem for a few seconds and quickly smell of your fingers. The smell will let you know at least how good of a strain you have. And if you have smoked a lot of different kind strains OG, Bubble gum, purp, widow. you can compare. Just MO.
Looking good though. Happy growing.:peace:

Yeah California has great weather =). Grasshoppers are able to munch full on fan leaves though. Also, in regards to birds, I try to wipe off any shit using water, it eats through the leaves like acid, from my experience, and also leaves a stain. I would not be pleased if it landed on the flowers. :|

photo_6_17.JPG
photo_7_16.JPG
photo_7_17.JPG
photo_5_22.JPG

Gotta love cali!
The first plant is OG, seed found randomly in some dank top shelf from medical dispensary.
The second bit of new comers are basically "random bagseed", but I know they come from decent/worthy strains such as snow cap/chem dog.
Miracle Grow, good genetics, and a G-typed star!!

Back
Top Bottom