Bag Seed Growing in the Dungeon - AKA Snake Farm - Old School HPS - Soil

I'm glad it worked out so well for her GG. That would have put a serious crimp on good Birthday memories.

Grow Update - Day 54

Streeeeeetch!

The girls are doing great so far. Except for Girl#2 wouldn't seem to like my dirt/nutes. Looks like she is a thrifty one and needs a flush and less nutes. Girl#3 is showing signs of light stress having a taco leaf at the top. I spun her around out from under the center of the light.

Girl#1 is a beast! Girls #5, 6 and 7 are looking like they are ready for the last week of stretching now.

The only one I am worried about is Girl#2. She does look rough. I think I will flush her and not give nutes until she shows change? Input welcome here. :)

BS-54days.jpg

girl1-012.jpg

girl1-021.jpg

girl2-011.jpg

girl2-02.jpg

girl3-012.jpg

girl3-021.jpg

girl5-011.jpg

girl5-02.jpg

girl6-011.jpg

girl6-02.jpg

girl7-012.jpg

girl7-02.jpg

Starting to make some buds now! Still have half the tent open and the 1000w light is off so I have some freebie fem beans popping! Watch for a new grow log coming soon to a ghetto near you!

Keep'em Green,

~GG

Can't go wrong with a flush. Is #2 in the center? There is more lux right under the bulb so maybe move her to the edge?

It is hard to tell under the HPS light but maybe a mag deficiency? Most likely PH related
Magnesium is absorbed best in soil at a pH level of 6.5-9.1

Wow bro, you have a great journal going on! Subbed! t
I agree with the comments above about the probable causes for those symptoms. Looks like magnesium deficiency paired with heat stress. Hope they recover soon.
reps+

Sometimes you just get that one plant that doesn't want to cooperate. Girl#2 was just as healthy as the others 2 weeks ago. She has withered since re-potting into FFOF (the new mix) and put under the HPS at 12/12.

I only fed them FF GrowBig twice while in veg (once with CalMag). She got the same as all other girls. When re-potted I gave a large dose (1/2 cup/gal) of the FF Big Bloom. I have given 1 cup per gal of FFBB without problems. It is not a hot fert.

I will pour a few gals of Ph 6.5 through her tonight and hope she comes around.

Thanks for all the input guys :high-five:

Good luck GhettoGro and I hope she pulls through. Thanks for keeping us all updated and I'm sending over the internet secateurs for you to threaten that lady with if she refuses to pull her finger out and give up the budness :)

subed

Grow Update:

It seems the stretch is over for all the girls now. Girl#2 isn't doing any better after a good flush. It was never given a heavy feeding before this started so I'm guessing the FFOF soil may just be too much for her. Maybe she doesn't have enough nutes and needs a feeding? MY high temp with light on is 78f so I have ruled out heat. I do not think it is light overkill as now Girls #3 and #5 are sowing classic signs of light stress. I have pulled them off to the side out from under direct light.

THe other 3 girls are doing great and looking beautiful. I think these girls would much rather be in a field under the Mexican sun as opposed to my little dungeon. Unknown genetics can be a challenge, but I can learn a lot from them.

canopy39.jpg

girl1-013.jpg

girl2-012.jpg

girl3-013.jpg

girl5-012.jpg

girl6-012.jpg

girl7-013.jpg

I'm trying to Keep'Em Green!

~GG

Grow Update:

It seems the stretch is over for all the girls now. Girl#2 isn't doing any better after a good flush. It was never given a heavy feeding before this started so I'm guessing the FFOF soil may just be too much for her. Maybe she doesn't have enough nutes and needs a feeding? MY high temp with light on is 78f so I have ruled out heat. I do not think it is light overkill as now Girls #3 and #5 are sowing classic signs of light stress. I have pulled them off to the side out from under direct light.

THe other 3 girls are doing great and looking beautiful. I think these girls would much rather be in a field under the Mexican sun as opposed to my little dungeon. Unknown genetics can be a challenge, but I can learn a lot from them.

I'm trying to Keep'Em Green!

~GG

#2 looks hideous. Just put a bag over her head, Or put one on your head and double bag her incase yours falls off. :rofl:

Unknown genetics can be a challenge, but I can learn a lot from them.

Keeping it positive. Experience is knowledge. She hasn't turned to dust. So, you will undoubtedly get some smoke from her. She just went from the swan to the ugly duckling.

Crazy how the same soil can mess with certain strains.

:goodjob:

Got to agree, Scar. she is what she is. She was flushed with about 5 gals and was never fed heavily. She is a fickle one for sure.

I have pulled her and #3 and #5 out of the direct light. The other 3 look great. Playing it by ear.

Girl#2 is "Skint Up" is the term we use 'round here :)

Hi ChefD, Girl#1 ans Girl#7 are healthy and thriving. The others show what seems to be light tress. Girl#2 shows light stress and doen''t like my dirt or something else. #2 still has healthy growth at the bottom of the plant but the main top is looking fried. These genetics are not good for my environment and/or style, but I think they will all make it to the end.

Grow Update:

canopy42.jpg

girl1-014.jpg

girl1-022.jpg

girl2-013.jpg

Girl#2 - 28 Days Flower
girl2-021.jpg

Mislabeled- This is actually Girl#3
girl6-013.jpg

Mislabeled- This is actually Girl#3
girl6-021.jpg

girl5-021.jpg

girl3-014.jpg

girl3-022.jpg

girl7-014.jpg

girl7-021.jpg

Sorry about the mislabeling in this update. I guess I was more stoned than I thought. Did not feel like redoing the pic labels :p

Hi Scar, yes they are still kicking. Actually #1, #6 and #7 and doing great and they are the same height as the others. The tops are about 16" under the 600HPS. #2, #3 and #5 have been pulled out to the very outer edges and not directly under the light. My light height is not adjustable as my tent is only about 5 feet high. I have accepted the fact that these genetics have always grown outdoors in a different region. THey ended up looking more sativa than I had thought and should have been trained more to keep the top lower.

It was a grow to keep me busy until a bean order came in so I'm not emotionally invested in them. Although they are still making buds and I will get a little stash out of them. Disappointed in a few of them, but it is always a learning experience.

I will not stop this log unless they just fall over and die :)

P.S. RH has been running about 60-70% the last month during this flower cycle.

HOLY FUDGE! I just found that I left the CFL light in the flower tent on when I made those pics Friday. They have had about 72 hours of constant light. "Insert "The Pricee is Right - Wonk-wonk-wonk-Waaaaaaah" here"...

Still on hermie/banana patrol...

Back
Top Bottom