Perpetual Ghetto Dungeon - AKA The Snake Farm

Grow Update

I made pics last night but I'm late getting them posted. I checked the grow this eve and found that my new 600w digital HPS ballast is dead. I bought it in May from a hydro shop here in my town so I'm sure I can get a warranty replacement Monday morning. In the mean time I've put a couple CFL shop lamp on that side of the tent to at least light them up and make them know it's day time. My temps are 74F in the tent with only the LED running. I'm very tempted to go ahead and get another LED soon. I'm liking the results of the one I have so far.

I chopped and trimmed 4 small THC Bomb clones in small pots. I have 4 more to harvest next week in 2 gal pots.

THCB-clones2-65daysF-Harvest.JPG

THCB-clones3-65daysF-Harvest.JPG

THCB-clones4-65daysF-Harvest.JPG

AK47-clones1-35daysF.JPG

AK47-clones2-35daysF.JPG

AK47-clones3-7daysF.JPG

I'll be off to the hydro store first thing Monday!

:peace:

Bummer bout the ballast most store will work with ya if you got a receipt and only acouple months old. If they don't work with ya,, be time to change suppler. I always mess up and lose my receipts. My primary ballast went out on me too. I think it was what popped my breaker off. Mine is a 1000 dimmable Galaxy up to 3 years guarantee. And mine atad over 3.
But they should honour yours GL and Keepem Green
Oh BTW those surplus clones you got flowering,, I'll take em now.. They are surplus right? JK GL Keepem Green

Thanks for stopping by Ditch and Woody. Welcome ShMaNgLeD !

Just got back from the grow store. I had the original box with all the pieces and invoice/receipt for the bad ballast. Dude give me a brand new unit off the shelf. I will get it hooked up for lights-on at 6pm this eve. Quantum is a very good brand so it was surprising that it didn't last 3 months. I have worked with computers and electronics for many years so I know if a quality electronic is going to die it is usually in the first few months. I call it "manufactured on a monday syndrome". It happens.

My AK47s under the HPS only missed 2 full light cycles, but it was a week into 12/12 and in the middle of the stretch so I hope it doesn't have a negative effect on them.

Time for a bong or few and then I have a date with a weed whacker in the back yard. ugh...

Hella cool.. Pays to hold on to them receipts... Wish I had,, my ballast was close.. But I'll never know. I'll have to find a new one pretty soon. I still have my old magnetic ballsts.. And they always work. About 12 years running and still fires. Suckers wieght a ton.
Keepem Green

I am just finishing up my first harvest (4-AK47) from the LED side of the tent. The first three are in jars and weighed in average of 61g and the last one was the largest plant and should be ready for the jars tonight or tomorrow. I started getting some lockout about the time I started the flush. I had some crispy leaves at the end but still got a good yield of frosty buds.

I have another LED light ordered that should be here tomorrow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

ak47-led-56daysFlower11.JPG

ak47-led-56daysFlower21.JPG

ak47-led-56daysFlower31.JPG

ak47-led-56daysFlower41.JPG

AK47-bud41.JPG

AK47-bud21.JPG

AK47-bud11.JPG

AK47-bud31.JPG

AK47-bud51.JPG

Here is some bud weirdness. I swear the THC Bomb continues stretching until the very end of flower. I had snipped the tips of the top main colas to back-build the buds. The buds in this pic were the top buds of some lower branches. The long skinny tips are just stacked up calyx (no stem). Foxtails, I have seen many call them.

thcb-buds1.JPG

I have been so busy lately I apologize to those who follow for the lack of updates. I am gonna close this thread out. I appreciate all who have checked me out and I will still keep up with y'alls grows. I have a breading project going on now and I will surely start another journal when I go to grow out my seeds that are in the works.

See y'all out on the forums :thanks:

There's a skinny stem that runs up those foxtails; too many of 'em in a joint makes it kind of harsh to smoke :cough:

You are right Chimp. I skint one back and the last 1/4" of the tip the stem is tiny and crumbles easily, but further down it becone more rigid and obvious. I've just been sticking the skinny tips in the grinder and smoking stem and all. I've smoked worse - many years of brown Mexican brick weed. ha!

This THC Bomb don't look special. Just has a faint sweet pine smell, but I think it is more potent than my AK47. It is a more "uppy/heady" buzz though. The AK47 is a more relax chill buzz. Day weed and night weed :)

I may as well close this journal with a teaser of a future journal to come. I have added a second LED to the tent and moved the 600w HPS to the top center of the tent. I will probably only run the HPS during winter temps or when the tent is overgrown and crowded. My temps are about 74-76 with LED only in summer time. COOL!

I have a breeding project in the works and will probably start a new journal when those beans are ready to run. For now, I will just lurk in on er'body's grows out here.

tent-all.jpg

Some bud shots of this last AK47 harvest.
ak47-bud-02.jpg

ak47-bud-01.jpg

ak47-bud-03.jpg

Keep'em Green! :Namaste:

Make sure to fill me in when you start the new one... Looks like a great lighting arrangement. I don't LEDs will ever do as well as a HPS in a larger grow like a full bedroom,, Boy abunch of people are saying WTF and ready to fight, oh well,,,but contained in a tent with a shorter ceiling,, they seem to be the ticket for some... I even got one I want to try out soon.
Hope the buds cure into some excellent. GL and Keepem Green

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom