First Journal - Ghetto Closet Grow

Looks great Leester mate,
Like how all the LSTing looks. They look very much like mine at the min. whey! Race! lol. :) Mate try tightening the net so its more even to get the even canopy your after.

Thanks JBC, yeah I've totally learned a lot about LST during this little experience. I could end the grow now and could still walk out with my 45$ worth. I can really see the effects of LST, defoliations, and toppings. I really defoliated them hard, and luckily they were vigorous enough they could handle it with no problem. Anyway, I think I've gotten the screen set in a good enough manner for now, as u can see I used duct tape to tape the screen to the wall, it's actually a bit tighter being taped higher, rather than low. The canopy is actually pretty darn even, and I'm real happy with the usage of light, considering its only 156 watts, but its about 10,000 lumens right in both their faces so they do like it. :allgood:

Looking good, although we both started about the same time, I'm going to stay in veg a bit longer. Not all of mine went as wide as I wanted, so I don't know how my canopy will turn out.

I have a question about the net. I've heard that in flowering they can 2x or 3x growth, do you cut holes and pull the flower site thru, then add more screens as they grow taller or do you just keep the one screen?

I assume the screen is to help the limbs support the weight of the buds.

I see some use 2x2 welded wire, others use chicken coup wire, others use string/nylon mesh, is there any rule of thumb about what to use?

Also, did you change the nutes or lights for flowering?

Looking good, although we both started about the same time, I'm going to stay in veg a bit longer. Not all of mine went as wide as I wanted, so I don't know how my canopy will turn out.

I have a question about the net. I've heard that in flowering they can 2x or 3x growth, do you cut holes and pull the flower site thru, then add more screens as they grow taller or do you just keep the one screen?

I assume the screen is to help the limbs support the weight of the buds.

I see some use 2x2 welded wire, others use chicken coup wire, others use string/nylon mesh, is there any rule of thumb about what to use?

Also, did you change the nutes or lights for flowering?

Yeah, they've already started stretching their nodes a bit, and its only been 4 days since the flip. A lot of people have different DIY methods to making their own support system and/or scrog. What I did was measure the dimensions of my closet and I cut the corresponding piece of netting that would fit, since I have a rather large role of it. Yeah, you want to have a pretty even canopy through training even before you apply the netting. I've applied it at a good time because all the top node growths are all supported evenly by the net, all getting even light. Some people like to make the squares bigger and fit 2-3 tops into 1 square, it's all a matter of personal method. Depending on the stretch, it wouldn't hurt for me to add another screen at an upper level (later on). I haven't added any flowers nutes ( will add FF Tiger Bloom when pistils start coming up, if they're females...), and I did not and not going to change the lights. This grow is an experiment to see what can be produced with the given circumstances, not trying to get a killer yield by any means. So far on my outdoor crops I have produced roughly 2 ounces per plant so thats where I'll get a real return. After all, there is only ~45$ into this grow.

Wish I started growing on such a tight budget. :)

I was looking at someone else's post and he thought he had a hermie. He showed a pic of a pistal with two small hairs. Like in these pics: Female Pre-Flowers and Flowering

So I went and looked at mine and saw a bunch of these 'pre-flower' two small hair things.

Q. your grow started about the same time as mine, don't you have those two small hairs yet?

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out because you are using the same bulbs thru the whole cycle. From the looks of the light, they must be cool blue (5000 K)

I was looking at someone else's post and he thought he had a hermie. He showed a pic of a pistal with two small hairs. Like in these pics: Female Pre-Flowers and Flowering

So I went and looked at mine and saw a bunch of these 'pre-flower' two small hair things.

Q. your grow started about the same time as mine, don't you have those two small hairs yet?

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out because you are using the same bulbs thru the whole cycle. From the looks of the light, they must be cool blue (5000 K)

Stipules are quite clearly notably different than pistils, pistils being white and obvious, and protruding out of a developed calyx... stipules being green, and come in 2's without protruding from a calyx of any kind. Stipules appear very quickly between nodes, they are simply miniature leaflets that dry up and dry quickly, the theory for their purpose is that they protect the very tender and young new shoots that may be trying to sprout there if given ample light! Stipules are not pre-flowers.

Anyhow, my two plants are loaded with the stipules, people agree that the stipules are photosynthetic, their abundance on every bud site goes hand in hand with the amount of light they've received via LST. I don't refer to the stipules as hairs because in fact the pistils are typically referred to as hairs.

Lets recap on the lights:
I'm using TWO 55 watt CFL's (2700 K ea.), as well as TWO 23 watt CFL's (5500 K ea.)
So it is a mixture of two color temperatures, mostly the red/yellow light.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Couple shots of some cannabis I picked up at my local dispensary:

Jedi
photo_12_49.JPG

Super Silver Haze x OG
photo_13_41.JPG

Both were 25$ an eighth

Looks pretty tamable to me :), give a good gardener any seed tomato seed or "brickweed" seed and they'll walk out the door with some fuego fire. After all, there are good attributes to land race strains that develop natural resistances and such.. don't put a negative connotation on your stuff, it simply represents the area of a different part of the world. :Namaste:

Couple shots of some cannabis I picked up at my local dispensary:

Jedi
photo_12_49.JPG

Super Silver Haze x OG
photo_13_41.JPG

Both were 25$ an eighth

Those look nice, just wondering if that is average normal prices? I grew up on those prices for street stuff. I've only been able to visit my disp on rare occasions and choices were low and prices high like $45 to $55 an eighth. Its amazing what youve done on your $45 grow and what $ you can save in acouple months from now.

Back
Top Bottom