First Journal - Ghetto Closet Grow

Yes leester get them pics up sunday, want to see how they looking after big chop chop!

You need to keep an eye on them more often if they havent been watered for 2 weeks, thats a long time for vegging plants, do they have a big root mass and require a lot of water. They will now for sure!

Mould on the soil is not always a bad thing, may of said this here already or on another thread, but some moulds on soils are great and mean the soil is really alive. If it aint hurting it'l probably be helping the eco life in the soil :)

Yes leester get them pics up sunday, want to see how they looking after big chop chop!

You need to keep an eye on them more often if they havent been watered for 2 weeks, thats a long time for vegging plants, do they have a big root mass and require a lot of water. They will now for sure!

Mould on the soil is not always a bad thing, may of said this here already or on another thread, but some moulds on soils are great and mean the soil is really alive. If it aint hurting it'l probably be helping the eco life in the soil :)

Thanks JBC, will do. Yeah I traveled out of town for a week, they were heavily heavily watered last time I did. And the "Moisture Control" thing is no joke, it's easy to saturate the bottom roots and overwater, so I figured I'd rather underwater than overwater since cannabis is a resilient species, and is fairly drought tolerant by genetics. I am also very interested and excited to see what exists behind the closet door. They'll get a lot to drink when I return thats for sure.

Yeah you mentioned about the mold on the soil before, it's good to know that some molds can be beneficial towards the soil. Cheers to that, :)

Hi all, time for MY much anticipated DAY 41 from sprout photo update. I was surprised in two ways. One, I thought they'd be a bit bigger for some reason, and two I thought the leaves would be drooping from drought, but they seem to be looking fine after 2 weeks without water! No more mold on the soil, no surprise there since its bone dry. The root tips are a little burned, but not worried about it. Other than that they look good, they're about to get a good drinking of plain ole water, I will re-tighten the LST drinks, and defoliate any weak straggler leaves. Tonight I will initiate the start of the flowering cycle as well.
photo_12_44.JPG
photo_13_37.JPG
photo_14_27.JPG

Till next time,
Cheers!:hookah:

RL

Looking kick ass brother!

Wheey Leester, They look great mate ha!

Seems they were fine with the water they had. Pay no attention to me mate, I thought mine would need watering this saturday as the got it last, but when I cane to do it they were fine. Some soil mixes hold a lot of water like you say, especially my organic super mix.

Keep up the good work mate!:thumb:

Looking kick ass brother!

Thanks mate, you too! :)

Wheey Leester, They look great mate ha!

Seems they were fine with the water they had. Pay no attention to me mate, I thought mine would need watering this saturday as the got it last, but when I cane to do it they were fine. Some soil mixes hold a lot of water like you say, especially my organic super mix.

Keep up the good work mate!:thumb:

Thanks!
Yeah I think they loved the drought. I will definitely keep watering to a minimum. The plants beefed up their stems, they got all that cellulose stored up and ready to break down to make flowers. 12/12 will start tonight, so will hopefully have the sex determined in 4-5 days..:Namaste:

I'm starting to think these two plants are two completely different strains, I can understand for the phenotype to vary, but not by this much... someone correct me if I'm wrong but by looking at the pictures and comparing the leaf structure, and branching patterns between the two plants. The branching pattern in the first plant is much nicer, perfect spacing in between nodes and the plant has filled out horizontally with an even canopy. The second plant's nodes came in much much tighter, and the fan leaves also seem a bit different. They both have a marijuana fruit odor. I sure do hope the first plant with better, less bunched node spacing becomes a female.

I'm just pretty darn pleased so far, but the full ride isn't over yet!:peace:

Flowering Day 2 and Day 42 from sprout
Just some sexy shots of the hopefully soon to be ladies before they go to bed. The last picture is one plant even though it doesn't seem like it!

photo_12_46.JPG
photo_18_19.JPG

Here's a shot to show how even the canopy is! I might put in a screen.
photo_14_29.JPG

At the very least, I've learned a lot about LST, and how hardy these plants can be. It seems like multiple plants but it's only one! :)
photo_13_39.JPG

Small photo update to show the small bit of defoliation and new screen I put in to help reveal and support the sex sites, kind of jumped the gun on this, but hey. Just waiting for some pistils to pop out any day now...
photo_12_47.JPG
photo_13_40.JPG
photo_14_30.JPG

:peace:

P.S. This is my first attempt at scrog

I like the setup relaxed leester. When you get a chance check out my trellising in my journal it is much easier to manage the plants through the trellis and has given me better results than the last scrog I tried. Its not really a scrog some would say but I think if I can get two tops in as many of the squares as possible I will be more than happy with my pull.

Just a thought. Your plants look really nice as well.'

I like the setup relaxed leester. When you get a chance check out my trellising in my journal it is much easier to manage the plants through the trellis and has given me better results than the last scrog I tried. Its not really a scrog some would say but I think if I can get two tops in as many of the squares as possible I will be more than happy with my pull.

Just a thought. Your plants look really nice as well.'

Thanks shottafire! I appreciate the tip. Your garden is picture perfect mate, keep up the good work over there! I am now following along for the bloom party. Hoping my plants shoot out pistils as fast as yours did, LOL! Since this is my first attempt at scrog, I'm just going to wing it and see what happens, you really have a nice line up with your set up, I like the way you train your plants. With any luck mine will start lookin a little like yours. :Namaste::peace:

Just a shot of the babies in their bed this morning when the lights came on, they're liking things with the screen I think, and the slight defol helped the hidden newer nodes grow, so things are perked up nice. It gets a good 10 C cooler at night, but they seem to deal with it with no problem, not even drooping in the morning. No pistils yet, or any signs of sex, just stipules. I hope they're not too stressed, I also added a fresh batch of brew to generate CO2.
photo_12_48.JPG

Looks great Leester mate,
Like how all the LSTing looks. They look very much like mine at the min. whey! Race! lol. :) Mate try tightening the net so its more even to get the even canopy your after.

Back
Top Bottom