First Journal - Ghetto Closet Grow

Looking great can't wait to see them chopped and hung you got to give a smoke report +reps

Haha there's nothing to chop and hang yet mate. For all I know these could be two males!! :) Either way, I got my 45$ worth through knowledge :). But from the looks of the internodal distances, and strength of the seeds they've got a good shot at it. I haven't been around to see the plants in a few days, but tomorrow I'll certainly provide an update.

Nice grow Relaxed Leester. Your plants look so healthy! I for some reason thought you were going to put your plants outside, So glad you flipped em for a indoor flower. Cant wait on sex confirmation here, hope its soon. :nomo:

:nicethread::peace:

Yeah I was going to put them outside, but they're small enough I think I can get away with covering up the odor, this is not a sealed space. Today is day 7 from the flip, will see tomorrow if they've given us a sign.

Getting ready to plant next the seasons outdoor crop in a few weeks after this little cold front passes, will be planting 10 seeds (hoping 50% female like last time), and then 10 more seeds in early July for a mini-perpetual harvest...I'll definitely make a formal grow journal for that too.

AND in response to the medical dispensary information, those were the bottom/lowest shelf strains at 25$ an 8th, they have 8ths going up to $35, $45, and $55. Top shelf strains being ambered out OG's that to me taste like sulfur and make me tired, I'll just get a lower shelf strain that someone tended to nicely, and since I prefer clear/cloudy trichomes they think it "isn't as dank".
They had some Cheese on the 25$ shelf it was outdoor and AMAZING.

Hopefully this journal can prove that a patient can successfully self-produce a small amount of quality medicine for a very small price, and year-round during the raining winters ideally produce something that would last more than two weeks in the vaporizer. Either this grow is going have an amazing return, or a very crappy one. This is have been really fun for me to run this experiment, the empirical experience that I have gained with these two indoor plants can be applied to my outdoor girls, and I'm excited to apply everything I've learned about the vegetative state to maximize yield, limit space/visibility, and produce maximum growth rate. I've been taking Rosemary clones to get established plants into large 5 gal pots, then I will place these around the area along with mint and basil. The aromatic herbs will hopefully fend off a flying moth trying to lay its caterpillar eggs.
Here is a link to a thread I made so you know what I'm talking about, the dreaded Corn-boring worms...The worms from hell! bunch of pics

Additional reference material, these are the moth's that lay the eggs,European corn borer - Wikipedia

but I have a brutally terribly different phenotype of the larvae =(

PS: I will be using a lot of SNS-209.

Bad news everyone both plants are confirmed MALE. Ugh, what a bummer man. Each and every branch has some balls forming. I think I will eliminate the weaker phenotype and aim to collect the pollen for the stronger phenotype that has a far superior branching pattern. Hell, maybe i'll pollenate the mother OG that hermied off 1 seed last summer. That way i'll be able to save both genetics :) It's sort of a buzz kill, but its all a matter of chance as to which seeds are selected to germinate, could get 10 females, or 10 males. I'm 99% certain both plants are complete males O_O
photo_12_50.JPG
photo_13_42.JPG
photo_18_20.JPG
photo_19_16.JPG
photo_22_12.JPG

:tokin::cough::lot-o-toke::420:

Pretty boys too bad we don't do boys, but looking healthy, best of luck to you bro. That's why in my small grow I had to go feminized all the way,:Namaste:

Thanks for the kind words everyone, still deciding on what to do... probably just going to start over and pop a couple more beans and hopefully get a female. Atleast I'm "weeding" out the males, so to speak. Like I said, I learned a lot, and I knew not to get my hopes up until I saw the pistils. Hard to kill the plants, part of me doesn't want to deal with the breeding, I just want some damn females! :Namaste:

PS Thanks to all my subscribers, sorry no bloom party :|

Hi everyone. Thanks for the kind words. True, can't win them all. Decided to post some pics of how they look at the moment, at the very least my mind is at peace by keeping them alive, and I can see HOW a male plant grows and takes its shape. Hope all is doing well in their neck of the woods.:peace:
photo_13_43.JPG
photo_14_31.JPG

Back
Top Bottom