First Journal - Ghetto Closet Grow

Will do guys, thanks. As for this journal.. I'm still pondering. I think I'm going to actually go ahead and try to see how much pollen I can collect. Would be nice to pollenate an isolated female in the future in order to get some seeds, definitely venturing off into the unknown at this point...Not quite rushing to start another little indoor grow, since I'm only 2-3 weeks away from starting my outdoor plants.

:Namaste:

Decided that I'm going to let them live for the long haul. For multiple reasons, 1) pollen from quality genetics is hard to come by 2) If I want to ultimately self-produce, I will need enough pollen to pollenate a fully budding female in order to obtain a decent quantity of seeds. and 3) I want to further investigate how the plants will flower, and continue their lives under this amount of light, and in these growing conditions. That way in the future I am better equipped with experience as to the growth rate differences during the flowering cycle. All in all, I'm turning bad news into good news (Atleast for me). Anyone whose in for the long haul is welcome. :)

So apparently the plants, especially the larger one, has put all its energy into the tops that sprouted off the lower portions of the main branching. The things that never had a chance to be dominant, are now taking over the actual main stalks. At the end I will strip these guys to the bone to reveal the branching structure acquired though vigourous LST/defoliations.

Anyhow, here's a pic of the most well developed floral cluster at the moment.
photo_13_44.JPG

:peace:

Here's some never been seen before harvest pics from last years harvest. The first two pictures are the OG, and the last picture is one of the unknown sativa strains from the mix of seeds... enjoy mates

photo_19_17.JPG
photo_18_22.JPG
photo_13_45.JPG

Will do guys, thanks. As for this journal.. I'm still pondering. I think I'm going to actually go ahead and try to see how much pollen I can collect. Would be nice to pollenate an isolated female in the future in order to get some seeds, definitely venturing off into the unknown at this point...Not quite rushing to start another little indoor grow, since I'm only 2-3 weeks away from starting my outdoor plants.

:Namaste:

Why not start them now to get them a nice big head start?

Damn bro sorry the hear about the male confirmation.what to do but start again..

Gives a shoulder to lean on

Glad to see that you are playing with the boys. I still have pollen from my first GDP male and will keep it around as the other GDPs look to be male this time around as well. If I get a lady GDP I can promise some good breeding. :)

Thanks everyone, I know this journal lost steam since the news of the males, but it is what it is. The plants have shot new tops up from the branching and took over, especially their male posture of stretchiness, and long internodal distances now. It was all a trick in the beginning, no way to tell till sex day lol. The male buds are forming nicely, though a bit small, I'm hoping to collect a decent amount of pollen, enough to get some seeds in the future. I'm not sure if both plants are different or same genetics, so I may combine the pollen into a common storage container, or separate the two with labels of A1 and A2, or something of that degree.

Luckily male plants finishing maturing far before females, so once these males finish it up in hopefully a few weeks or so ( no idea ), than I will start some more seeds up for the little closet, I figure I'll try again if I get males than I'll weed them out and collect more pollen, or if I get a female I'll have one or two isolated so I can get the seeds. Though not sure how long CFL's will last when run for 24 hours a day for months ~_~.

As for the outdoor crops, I'm still waiting for the nights to warm up a bit, I typically start my seedlings outdoors from the start, as to cause less shock as if they had to be put into a newer home. I'll post an update tomorrow to show how the plants have been growing. I know even if the plants were female the buds would have been so small, but that's another story and is still undefined through experimental trials.. Actually I'm starting to think getting males for the pollen in this isolated closet area may have been the best possibility! I'm just thinking of the potential seeds I could be bathing in...:surf::peacetwo:

Sorry to here about the boys, but if you gamble, you cant win all the time. If it bums you out, just use fem seeds next time. Im glad your looking on the bright side though. Good luck with your outdoor crop. Hope there'll be a journal.

Hi all. Finally a little spice brought back into this grow, they're male, but atleast they're flowering like a marijuana plant! I love the way these things grow, such an ancient look to them. Fed them a heavy dose of Tiger Bloom to finish up these pollen colas, not exactly sure when to harvest them but I'm gonna read up and take care of it in a week or so...
:)
photo_13_46.JPG
photo_14_33.JPG
photo_18_23.JPG
photo_19_18.JPG
photo_22_13.JPG

You probably will be harvesting of them daily for a couple weeks in about a week. :)

Or a little sooner, some of the sacks started popping open and releasing their white material :), gonna take a shot at 3-4 of the colas and see what I can get, after all I am bathing in pollen and probably have enough pollen for hundreds of thousands of seeds, so if this little bit doesn't work I'll definitely wait for the other stuff to finish up. Took a few of the tallest tops off :)
photo_13_47.JPG

Yeah I'm in no worry, actually am happier to get males than females because of the isolation of this closet from my outdoor grow area. Making this the breeding room. So if all goes well I'll have a big ole bag of seeds of cross-bred lineage of worthy genetics, and I can call it RL Kush :) Turns out some of the lower sacks pop open and release their "seed" earlier than the top most flowers. Just another thing to learn about raising males... I took off some tops a bit early probably because saw the lower sacks opening and leaving dust everywhere, what the hell, I'm going to see what I can collect, there is a ton of pollen in this closet.

Cheers all!

photo_18_24.JPG
photo_14_34.JPG
photo_13_47.JPG
photo_13_48.JPG

Nice yellow snow. ;)

Back
Top Bottom