Bag Seed Growing in the Dungeon - AKA Snake Farm - Old School HPS - Soil

Hi Jimbo! I have always waited until they "sex" , (show pre-flowers). I have always grown regular beans (Non-auto or fem). I have had plants show sex as soon as 3 weeks. I have had others that didn't show until 8+ weeks. I don't replant to the big pots until I know it's a girl. I would hate to waste a pot of dirt on a male as I often unabashedly embrace frugality :)

I am 2 days short of 7 weeks now and all plants have sexed and I got 7 out of 12 are GIRLS! :thumb:

A moment of silence for the sacrificial males?
dudes.jpg

BUT! MEET GIRL #7 !!!
girl7-01.jpg

Day 49 Canopy shot! Yeah Gilr#1 is rocking! Animal is almost out of view today.
canopy-01.jpg

I have a feeling I will be cranking the other light up when these things start stretching.

Keep'em Green!

~GG

Hi Chef and Scar!. THe way these things are growing, I see tomato stakes and training wire in their future. Not even 7 weeks old, #1 is 2 feet tall and has leaves bigger than my head. Well maybe not my head, but bigger than my brain :rofl:

THis is gonna be fun. I still have over half my flower room left and a bigger light. I am excited to see this growth, I jst hope I can keep up with is as I have several gigs coming up where I will be out of town for a week at a time. Wish I had used the bigger pots now.

You could just give her a topping or three, that'll bring those bottom growths up and slow the upward growth a bit... Bending never does hurt. Id be surprised if she got over four feet.. I believe its generally a foot per gallon or so..

I got a 4'x8' tent. They are under the 600w now. The other half of the tent has the 1000w. Normally I would say I could grow these out under the 600, but, they are growing like stink. I think the big light will be turned on soon. (two lights 1600w total)

1-1/2 lb should be easily accomplished, I think. Stay tuned, we'll see :)

Hi Ras, you may want to lower that guess. It appears #4 has gone "Chaz Bono" on me. :thedoubletake: I pulled it from the tent and will watch it for a couple days to be sure. The lower branches all stretched up with alt nodes and female parts at the nodes but th main top looks to have balls on the top few node now. Looks to be hermie but I'm hoping it will split out some hairs.

Tomorrow will be the 7 week mark. I should know by tomorrow night and post an update, but looks like I will only have 6 girls after all. I will definitely watch them all closely.

Grow Update - 49 Days

Yep, had to chop #4 as it was definitely hermie. Oh, the joy of bagseed?

Watching them all closely now. Don't want to pop and grow my "good" beans until I know how these are gonna act. But still got 6 girls as is stands and they are huge. Definitely not bred for indoor grow. The stretch is on now.

day-49.jpg

Suspect #7 may hermie too. Same traits as #4. IT has female preflowers down low but the top is???
girl7-011.jpg

Mrs. GhettoGro turned 60 today. I didn't buy her flowers so I just brought her up a bouquet of the chopped hermie's leaves :high-five:
leaf48.jpg

Keep'em Green!

~GG

Yes, Scar she loves the fruits of my labor. She did get a Michael Kors bag that costs more than 3 times as much as my last bean order. Guess which we will get more mileage out of? :ganjamon:

Definitely more mileage downstairs.

My wife lost her bag last night. Thank goodness she had left it downstairs by the big computer when she checked email. She awakened me at 6am saying, "I lost my purse". Oh Shit, I thought! Then I told her, you checked email on the big computer and there it was! :)

The purse can be replaced, but her ID, credit cards etc... that is a bish to deal with. Glad it turned out well...

I was really tempted to take a pic of a big bag of green there and post which one I'd rather had been lost, but in all seriousness I'm glad that she suffered no loss lol. All the best from over the pond :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom