ColoradoGriz's First Grow - LED - Soil - Bag Seed

Happy Monday!

Great weekend....All 3 Plants are female! The timing couldn't have been better as they go into flower Wednesday after a good feeding. I flushed them yesterday with some Fox Farms Sledgehammer and Boomerang to give them a clean slate for the flower food.

I pulled whatever clones showed roots from the aerocloner and transferred them to small pots. I like the red solo cups but I like the little pots better. Better drainage and can fit more in the trays. I also like the idea of conserving soil on the unknown performers. I was so glad to find out all the plants are female. I have also determined Lucy and Betty are 95% chance Fruitstomper.

I purchased an exhaust fan and Phat Filter. The filter was pretty heavy so I ran it outside the tent blowing into the filter. This cleared out space above the lights which should help airflow and keep things cooler. I used the side vents for intake as no lite was coming through and the screen is better than an open duct IMO. I did run a piece of ducting parallel to the exhaust as a safety so I don't have to worry about negative pressure if one intake got blocked off for some reason. Temps stabilized to high 70s low 80s with exhaust and just a tower fan. I will put four clip fans on the corners before Wednesday to create a vortex.

GB80 got to visit the Nymph Garden, as I call it. GB80 was generous to bring over and give me a great deal on a 4x4 and a wye duct. Not to mention some clones: Lucy, Gucci OG, Hurricane. We hung out for a bit and shot the shit while I smoked a fresh bowl of the Blue Dream he brought over. Hard to find friends like GB80, he is a really cool dude. I set up the 4x4 and transferred over all the clones and put them under the 8 bulb T5.

Here is some pics, I'll post some later of the Veg tent.

IMG_234013.JPG
IMG_23419.JPG
IMG_234310.JPG
IMG_234210.JPG
IMG_234411.JPG
IMG_233912.JPG
IMG_233810.JPG

I enjoyed visiting with you and the fam! Really sweet area you have to grow in and your plants are doing great! To be honest, I was really surprised at the ammount of clones your were able to root. I couldn't do it when I first started growing so you are off to an amazing start in your growing adventures! Thanks for the kind words... you are a pretty cool dude yourself! Looking forward to hanging out in the future.

Oh, I'll swing by in a bit and bring the Scrogco screen.
GB80

I enjoyed visiting with you and the fam! Really sweet area you have to grow in and your plants are doing great! To be honest, I was really surprised at the ammount of clones your were able to root. I couldn't do it when I first started growing so you are off to an amazing start in your growing adventures! Thanks for the kind words... you are a pretty cool dude yourself! Looking forward to hanging out in the future.

Oh, I'll swing by in a bit and bring the Scrogco screen.
GB80

You have a great kid. I got lucky on those clones. I had a brand new razor blade for the first ones I took but lost the blade. I was impatient and used pruning scissors. The last ones I did I used the razor which I later found. The first clones rooted better, go figure. Ya, we'll have to add shooting and hunting to our agendas in the future.

Adding pictures of the VEG tent. I'm going to have to start another Journal.

Flower Tent on 14/10, flipping to 12/12 tomorrow night after feeding.

IMG_235115.JPG
IMG_235614.JPG
IMG_235318.JPG
IMG_235414.JPG

Looks good! You are going to be hating the power bill... lol

Well the flower tent will be running 12/12 as of tonight, so that shaves off 6 hours of the 3 LEDs. The T5 uses very little and just running 4 of the 8 bulbs right now to keep the heat down. Heat is only an issue because it's been so warm outside lately. I'm going to buy some more ducting to run the veg tent to the exhaust fan.

Things look clean and healthy bud! Wow. Looks great!

Keep us posted with the new journal

Thanks man! I'm excited to start a journal that I know the strains haha. They were looking healthier last night. I think I had a water issue while I was away in Chicago. They would have normally needed water on that Saturday but my Mother in Law didn't get to them until Sunday morning. She had said the water went straight through one of the plants, which I think was Foxy. Foxy's clones have a normal size leaf development where Foxy has leaves that seem much smaller. When I got back she was kind of clawed and had a lot of dead leaves. I'm thinking she starved a bit. After a flush of Sledghammer this last weekend, I think she is coming back around.

To adjust pH meters just buy distilled water or use whole milk. 20 + years of growing experience talking here.

You must have been reading my mind. Last night before I put them in flower I gave them a feeding equivelent to Week 5 on FoxFarms feeding schedule. This dropped my 3 gallons of water w/full nutrient line to @ 5.43 Ph. I used Ph UP to get my Ph levels back up before feeding but felt that I wanted to find something different to balance the Ph in the future.

Milk is definitely something I will look into. I have also found:

1) Leave my food mixture overnight to let Ph levels naturally adjust.
2) Earth Juice has some good products
3) I'm using FFOF so I probably could have just used water since the soil has nutes in it and 7 gallons of soil should have carried me through veg and into flower. Most of my problems were/are probably CalMg requirements. I will take this into consideration next grow.

Thank you for your input and for checking out my journal!

everythings looking good I'm subbed!

Thanks sciguy! Welcome to my journal. I just put the 3 main plants into flower last night, so I hope things get interesting soon :)

Hey big guy! Got a question: did you say you adjust the PH after you add nutrients? Is this called for by FoxFarm?

Whole Milk, really? That's awesome. Never knew that!

Hey big guy! Got a question: did you say you adjust the PH after you add nutrients? Is this called for by FoxFarm?

Whole Milk, really? That's awesome. Never knew that!

My tap water runs at 8.4 Ph. After I add all the nutes i.e. Big Bloom, Giant Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Boomerang, Microbe Brew, Kelp Me Kelp You, Open Sesame, my Ph dropped to 5.47 Ph at 1207 ppm. I add almost 4 capfuls of Ph UP to get me to 6.3-6.5 ppm 1402. I hate the sound of that but I researched and so many different answers, i.e. "Don't worry about Ph in soil because soil is a buffer", "Ph before and after", "Don't use nutes if using FFOF soil" etc.

After talking to Fox Farm themselves: "Use the schedules, the schedules are designed for using the entire line of products listed on the schedule. The measurements are designed to be used with the line of products where as the bottle states the measurements when using that product as a standalone. Adjust the Ph of your water with nutrients after adding all of the ingredients. All nutrients can be added to the same bucket of water but do not combine raw nutrients together before adding to water."

Calmg brings my Ph down as well so I have since avoided adding CalMg to my feeding day and have instead decided to just add it by itself on a separate day.

My plants are pretty healthy but I can't help but think they could have done just as well with less nutrients. I did the same thing with my oldest son and he is a punk. I deprive the youngest of everything and he is pretty awesome. I should have applied parenting skills to gardening.

Back
Top Bottom