First Grow Journal: Bag Seed

Thanks everyone for the advice and info to help with these lady's. Also thank you for all the new people who started reading and keeping up with my week by week growing journal!!! Really appreciate it keeps me going with my post!!!

Get some play sand for the gnats. Put about 2 inches on top of all your soil and worry no more.

Maybe ! If there's Larvae in the soil they will eat the roots. Time to water with Mosquito Dunks to kill the Larvae. Then the sand on top & sticky traps to prevent it from happening again.
I've tried the sand it's a mess and sinks through the soil as you water, and it makes the pot heavy so it's hard to tell when it's light and when to water, (I use my leaves as a gas gauge anyway)

I need to do a write-up on Beneficial Nematodes :yahoo:only $36 bucks and I haven't had a bug in 2 years now...I do a re-treatment every 6 months, but it's well worth the peace of mind it brings :thumb:

Just mix them with water, and water your plants normally. The plant sucks nothing up, to prevent bugs, that's what I look at, no chance of changing the flavors I like so much, instead they are a microscopic parasite that infects any larvae egg laying insect...I use them in my yard also, especially around the grill :rofl:

Beneficial Nematodes.JPG

Beneficial Nematodes.JPG

Good news today finally see the preflowers their both girls. The plant that i bent the main stem had to remove it leaves started wilting and dieing but everything below the the bent is still healthy and growing. Here are the pictures of the girls and preflowers. Post better pictures tomorrow

IMG_20210427_204240891.jpg

IMG_20210427_204237944.jpg

IMG_20210427_204235640.jpg

IMG_20210427_204224324.jpg

First grow journal - Bag Seeds
  • Tents size - 2x2x4
  • Light- VS600 Dimmable Viparspecturm watt LED light full spectrum
  • Incline fan with exhaust with speed control
  • 2 small fans for airflow
  • Temperature and humidity monitor
  • Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil
Vegetation Week 2 - Day 5

If you stayed updated on my Grow Journal than you know one plant, had a broken stem which I took off couple days later, after doing that everything below didn't stun at all and kept growing. Still doing organic methods used Brewer's Yeast which contains all main and micro nutritions besides Nitrogen which I use coffee grains. Transplanted plants to new and finally pot which are 3 gallon breathable fabric pots, keeping them small since tent is only 2*2*4 so Monday I'll kick off the flowering stage and switch light cycle to 12/12. About to get 90° low stress training clips to help bend stems so more light can get to them. I did cut off 3 big fan leaves to help the light to get to other flowering spots to help grow. Here are some pictures guys let me know what you thick so far. Also haven't seen any more fungus gnats. Technique I used was a little 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to just kill eggs and anything else that could be in soil. Only used about a tablespoon since I'm using organic soil. Hydrogen peroxide kills everything bad and that benefits so be careful on amount giving. Looks like these lady's only have about 6 more weeks left!!!

IMG_20210501_133721222_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210501_133719073_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210501_133715124_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210501_133712480_HDR.jpg

So found a new technique that i accidentally ran into. So I end up cutting about 4 of my first big fans leaves because I have bud sites that the fans leaves were blocking them. I'm still doing LST by bending it down but fan leaves were still blocking most of the plant. Decided to use some common sense and removed them so my bud sites can get more light. Right after pruning and cutting them off with 5 other small leaves i watered it with some nutritions to prevent long stunning. After doing this i looking up what would happen and of course seen that i should of not removed the fan leaves for the fact their the solar panels and produce the most sugar. Well i ran into this technique after reading different websites and found this technique-

Schwazzing
is a term used to describe an intense form of defoliation. The process involves removing many fan leaves from a plant, allowing much more light to pass through to bud sites.

Pictures after bending stems a lot better and after doing new technique called Schwazzing took off the palm size or bigger fan leaves or any fan leaves blocking bud sites now more light can hit and also the nutritions that the fan leaves were using are now distribute to other sites that were in need for my nutritions

IMG_20210502_090018853_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210502_090016587_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210502_090013334_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210502_090007762.jpg

Schwazzing
is a term used to describe an intense form of defoliation. The process involves removing many fan leaves from a plant, allowing much more light to pass through to bud sites.

careful if you go that route. loads and loads and loads of folk have posted here with plants destroyed by schwazzing. it's not a technique for new folk at all, you need experience with defol practices before attempting it.

edit : i do very aggressive defols as part of my approach in hempy. it does work in the right circumstances, but even i don't strip as far as schwazzing normally calls for.

Thank you for the heads up, i do be getting nervous that it could stun my plant but I stay upbeat and think positive. I'm not the smartest on growing but I do have common sense and only removed the original fan leaves that took over most of the light from the budding site all together removed 9 leaves. Since I'm new at this just going take off just a little. Than it says around day 20 remove a good amount but I'm still going keep a good amount on it. I also have removed some leaves earlier before but seems like wat I'm doing my plants haven't really came to a complete stopped growth but they just getting bigger which is good. I'll keep this updated though so you guys can seem how they come to be!!!

IMG_20210502_092711570.jpg

i defol twice in veg taking about 15% of the fans. then once at the two week mark after switching the light sched to 12/12. i also train and actively remove branches. the number of total defols in veg will depend on length of time i let them veg.

i have not grown out autos that way. i'm not sure they'd take the stress the same.

a lot of folk who defol will recommend removing up to 25% of the fans. i say closer to 15%, as it is easy to get carried away once starting.

We think alike thank you lol see I'm only take about 15 maybe 20% next time I do the trimming since I'm still new at growing. Since I did my 1st cut today I'll waiting till day 21 for the last cut than leave it alone from there.

when you start the next defol put a before pic up. post part way through, and then again at the final.
you can get pointers on the way.

a pile of fan leaves on the counter doesn't tell us how the plant is doing.

i tend to clear out the bottoms, it's called lollipopping. i trim out the bottom third completely.

Hi mgom, this awesome individual takes it up a notch.https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/the-circle-of-life-feeding-our-plants-back-to-our-plants.498172/
thank you ill look into that

Thank you all so much honestly if i wasnt getting any response or people to talk to I would of gave this journal up and been growing by myself but with all you guys i feel like you guys right here helping out

Back
Top Bottom