ColoradoGriz's First Grow - LED - Soil - Bag Seed

I hope all is well my friend. :Namaste:

Hey just letting you all know I'll be gradually poking my head back in.

It was nothing serious other than I am very socially under-developed. I'm really bad at keeping in touch with friends as it is and I was starting to feel like shit when I felt I couldn't keep up with friends here, friends across social-media, friends in real life, etc. This forum was getting to the point where I felt pretty one sided in that I was getting so much help but had little to offer. I've always been kind of a hermit, keeping my circles small but ever since I started smoking pot, I've been meeting so many great people. So great that I feel bad when I can't keep up with all of you. It was easier to just step back and work my way back into it, I'm a little nuts.

That being said I will post less updates, although I will keep this journal alive until harvest, and spend more time checking out your journals :)

We don't need bells and whistles. We just like to know you're doing alright! You're family around here now. And we like to keep in touch.

I definitely understand the feeling about spending more time on here than with the people in my life. But in all reality I like the people here more than most of the people in my life. This is a nice escape.

Keep safe my friend, remember that I think about ya!

So I will play some catch up. Apologies for the sideway pics, forgot about that.

So the 5x5 is really busy. The LST kept the plants down in height but they really spread out filling the tent.

IMG_245419.JPG

Here was the Fruit Stomper at 6 weeks.

IMG_246214.JPG
IMG_247925.JPG
IMG_248117.JPG

This will probably be the last time I use soil and the last time I grow indoors using 7 gallon pots.

This is a clone of the same plant that I threw into flower at the same time. From cutting to flower tent was 3 weeks.

IMG_248418.JPG

In the future I plan on doing SOG with 1.3 gal pots, in coco, Drip to waste.

I will take some more recent pics of the plants tonight. The other two 7 Gal plants are doing okay. The bubblegum is meh, and it's clones are not any better so that strain is out after this grow.

The other Fruit Stomper had problems but is 5 times frostier.

Quit using Fox Farms. Switched to MaxiBloom, CALiMAGic, Armor SI (for PH Up w/benefits), and Terpinator.

:jawdropper:

Ummm wow!! That Fruit Stomper!!! Omg!

:bravo:

Thanks bro! I can only wonder how well they would have done if I hadn't messed up the PH and overfed. Coco has been so much easier to deal with. Thanks GB80 for turning me on to it.

I might pull this plant down tonight. Photo is from Saturday and I see 80% cloudy and some ambers. I took a small branch on Saturday, popped in the oven on 300 for about 45 minutes to dry it out for a sample. Taste wasn't great but I didn't expect it to be, it didn't crackle when it burned so I feel good about the flush. As far as the high, I see the potential, I could feel it and it lasted a long time. No headaches. I feel good about washing these buds and curing them. I will give the other Fruit Stomper another week. Thoughts?

IMG_018740.JPG

Looks great :adore:

From this picture I can see some amber. So I say your right on with a harvest!!

How exciting!! Keep us posted! If you have questions about washing your buds I have a link in my signature.

+Reps my friend!

Looks great :adore:

From this picture I can see some amber. So I say your right on with a harvest!!

How exciting!! Keep us posted! If you have questions about washing your buds I have a link in my signature.

+Reps my friend!

Thanks man! Ya I'm pretty stoked. I don't know if I'm more excited to harvest or to make room in my tent so I didn't want to be premature in the harvest. I have the buckets and ingredients ready to go. The guys at the grow shop thought I was nuts when I told them so I will be giving them a 1/4 to shut them up in a few months.

I am currently running another grow in Coco and running coco and soil at the same time is kind of a pain in the butt. The coco in flower and veg run the same mix. with just more MaxiBloom and the addition of CALiMAGic for the flowers. I recommend GH Armor SI. MaxiBloom drops my PH to 4+ so I use Armor SI as a PH Up that also adds the benefits of stress prevention and better photosynthesis. I've been using Terpinator for 4 weeks and notice a difference in the clones I used it on compared to the ones without. It seems to bring out the smells and stickiness but I don't know the impact on taste yet so I will hold off on that recommendation.

Okay so photos from Saturday. I pulled all of the plants out to clean the 5x5 up and check trichs. I bought a Carson 60-120x scope. It's a piece of crap. A 40x Jewelers loupe seemed to lack the magnification. In the end a $5 macro lens that clips on my phone worked the best. Click and zoom the image.

So as some of you know, I had serious PH issues. Resolution was a $300 Bluelab Guardian. Calibrate once a month for assurance as the last calibration showed no change. My water runs at 7.9 70 ppm. My pens were giving correct PPM but registering PH at 8.4. I was using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil and found that half way through flower, the soil lost it's buffer. Watering with 6.8 PH was giving me runoff @5.2.

Here is the Bubblegum. I thought this plant was going to be a lost cause. Lots of nuggage, small but the ride up the whole stem. I've looked at other photos of this strain and it seems to be consistant. The clones from this showed the same defficencies so the mother and it's clones are going in the tent next run and this strain will be out of my stable. I might try from seed another time. A lot of the sugar leaf got dried out, hopefully the buds will be okay.

IMG_017447.JPG

This is Fruit Stomper #1. It was the healthier of the two but not as frosty as the other. Tight nodes, long thick colas starting to fall over. Giving this one till Saturday.

IMG_017852.JPG
IMG_017539.JPG

Fruit Stomper #2 coming down tonight. Buds are big but not as long as #1, frostier though. This plant had PH issues also so some leaf tips got a bit dried out.

IMG_018149.JPG

Thanks for stopping by, I will take some pics of the harvest tonight.

Congrats on harvest! Those buds look awesome and that plant is absolutely FANTASTIC.

Thanks Man! I can't wait to see how much I pull off of these. I didn't set any yield goals or expectations but I see a lot of weight on these girls.

So I got home last night and proceeded to chop down the "Betty" Fruit Stomper plant.

IMG_251022.JPG

Next time I think I will cut in groups of branches as opposed to single/double branches.

IMG_251118.JPG

It's dry here in Colorado, RH stays close to 30-35 so I kept more sugar leaf on the initial trim.

IMG_251214.JPG

Did a bud wash

IMG_251322.JPG
IMG_251416.JPG

And hung to dry.

IMG_251711.JPG

My basement bathroom (after I cleaned everything) has some closets that I found perfect as the bathroom has a fan if things get smelly and it keeps a good temp.

A tip to help ya with the portrait pix bro,
Before ya post them open them with Windows Photo Viewer, its just a basic photo program but ya can rotate your pix here and when ya exit it auto saves them.
To me its alot better and faster than loading Photoshop or any other big software program.
Following your grow also, just trying to catch up , been off for a few days

To adjust pH meters just buy distilled water or use whole milk. 20 + years of growing experience talking here.

Your saying use Milk? for the ph? reason I ask is because being a truck driver I learned that milk believe it or not it a hazardous item, if it gets into the water system, it removes all oxygen killing fish, but not sure about plants.
Yea I know it sounds crazy but thats what they taught us for our hazmat cert.

Back
Top Bottom