My Very 1st Indoor Grow - Bag Seeds In MG Soil

Its been a few days since my last update so here it goes.....
The last time I watered I added 1/4 tsp. of super bloom and looks like it really did the job. I have no more funky leaves, and I have no more discoloration on any of the new growth. Next feed I will go up to 1/2 tsp per gallon.
I am very glad I planted so many this first go round since I sexed them this morning and 12 had to die ;0( 12 males, 11 females, and 4 are still a bit young yet. They have no signs of male or female yet. So, tonight when lights come back on we will be rearranging.
I also had some bad new about my NY Diesel seeds. Apparently I got screwed!!!! And out the money............grrrrrrr very pissed about this. Can anyone give me a good seed bank to order from? My low budget grow is beginning to be not so low.
I will add pics after the room is redone.

Sexing is always the fun part. Finding out what you have is always excited. What seedbank did you order from if I may ask? >Nirvana Shop< is the place I order from and they have an amazing track record. They also have NYPD(New your power diesel) Their Genetics are strong and I wouldn't worry about them being duds. if you want a bigger seed bank, I would suggest Attitude. I'm sure that the sponsors are also great seedbanks to purchase from here on :420:

Sexing is always the fun part. Finding out what you have is always excited. What seedbank did you order from if I may ask? >Nirvana Shop< is the place I order from and they have an amazing track record. They also have NYPD(New your power diesel) Their Genetics are strong and I wouldn't worry about them being duds. if you want a bigger seed bank, I would suggest Attitude. I'm sure that the sponsors are also great seedbanks to purchase from here on :420:

You are right sexing is one of the fun parts....lol I was so worried after I found the 1st 6 males that the whole crop were male. But, I guess 11 is not to bad.

The seed bank that we used was Buy feminized marijuana seeds and cannabis seeds from Amsterdam - high quality marijuana seeds (cannabis seeds)
I had a friend that ordered from them to with no problem. When they said that they would send me a replacement and would only charge me for the priority shipping I was pissed! So I am out the money and the seeds. I told the company if they thought I was giving up more dough to be f!?#ed again they had bumped their damn heads.
Thanks for the link for you get yours. Hopefully I can get something good and just clone from there.:thumb::thanks:

Here are a few pics i took to update all on the progress so far. The first is a group shot of everyone after a very warm 12 hours. Somehow the door was shut when I left for the day and when I opened it they were all very sad looking. But, after a big drink of water and some cooler air they all perked right back up. I was very happy bout that. I tried to get a good pic of the buds but my camera is not the greatest. I will prolly not have another update until after Thanksgiving since I will be out of town. So I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday. And if your family is anything like mine you will stay high as long as possible, :rofl::hookah:

OK well looks like the photo uploader is haveing some trouble today since it says "this type of photo is not supported yet". Not sure what is going on but Ill try add the pics again later.

OK well looks like the photo uploader is haveing some trouble today since it says "this type of photo is not supported yet". Not sure what is going on but Ill try add the pics again later.

To make sure you have no issues with uploading photos. Make sure it is in Jpeg format and Under 10mb when Uploading. I also have trouble uploading when I am on my wireless network instead of being hardlined to my router since most of my work I do from my laptop.

Hope this helps and I can't wait to see how things are coming along on your end :thumb:

Sorry for my lack of activity. I have been quite busy.

I hope everyone has had a great holiday so far..... I finally have pics to update, I am into my 4th full week of flowering and seems to be doing OK. I think I still have a touch of mag lock out problem but I am taking steps to fix this. I did not go into LSTing any with this 1st grow so I have a few ladies I had to tie up cuz they were getting very wild and branchie...LOL Next time I will address that issue sooner. Here is what I have now......

Group shot
03284.JPG

These are a few close up bud shots Some ladies have bud sites up and down the stem with 4 main colas and others have 2 main colas with mini buds on every branch.
03469.JPG
03567.JPG
04157.JPG
03761.JPG
04448.JPG

Im getting excited cuz I have never had any get this far!
03381.JPG

One last group shot
03660.JPG

Now that I am back online and on track a lil I will try and keep all as updated as possible, Hopefully its not long now.

I hope everyone has had a great holiday so far..... I finally have pics to update, I am into my 4th full week of flowering and seems to be doing OK. I think I still have a touch of mag lock out problem but I am taking steps to fix this. I did not go into LSTing any with this 1st grow so I have a few ladies I had to tie up cuz they were getting very wild and branchie...LOL Next time I will address that issue sooner.

Training technics is key to higher yield and use of extra space...u r doing good...plants looking good...any major problems using M G???...working for me after adding Perlite to improve drainage...:welldone:

Training technics is key to higher yield and use of extra space...u r doing good...plants looking good...any major problems using M G???...working for me after adding Perlite to improve drainage...:welldone:

Thanks!!!
The only issue with the MG soil I have had is mag lockout that I try to counter with epsom salts. I do think I am going to upgrade to fox farm after this grow though.

Looking very nice Mrs.Green! I would get a flush going on the plants with issues. It is always good to do so when really you have no other options. Things are looking really nice and I can't wait to see things fill in.

I was thinking what happened to ya. The holidays always get everyone busy.

You know, Just imagine all the seeds you started were female. HAHA! you would have an overly crowded grow room on your hands.

Thanks!!!
The only issue with the MG soil I have had is mag lockout that I try to counter with epsom salts. I do think I am going to upgrade to fox farm after this grow though.

I have found the solution to soil contamanation...Folar feed...it may be a little more work but the plants seem to appreciate it...

I have found the solution to soil contamanation...Folar feed...it may be a little more work but the plants seem to appreciate it...
How Often do you folar feed during flower period. I have done it a few times so far. And when is best to do it,,,,when lights go out or come on?

Thanks for the info and help Miwa:thanks:

Looking very nice Mrs.Green! I would get a flush going on the plants with issues. It is always good to do so when really you have no other options. Things are looking really nice and I can't wait to see things fill in.

I was thinking what happened to ya. The holidays always get everyone busy.

You know, Just imagine all the seeds you started were female. HAHA! you would have an overly crowded grow room on your hands.

So right TOG, holidays get busy...my daughters 18th birthday and thansgiving back to back took a lot out of me. Now for Christmas ugh I need to find my grinch suit.

Anyway, I have flushed them and will be feeding tomorrow. still looking good. I germinated 14 cheese seeds the other day and 13 took. I planted them 24 hours ago and 5 are already through the soil. It was crazy fast for these.

How Often do you folar feed during flower period. I have done it a few times so far. And when is best to do it,,,,when lights go out or come on?

Thanks for the info and help Miwa:thanks:

Folar feed every 10 days...1/2 tea. to a gal...spray the leaves...do not soak the flowers...keep humidity down...i feed just before lights out...:goodluck:

Like Miwa said, do it right before your dark period. It will reduce the risk of leaf burn.

Although to me, Foliar feeding isn't really necessary in most cases. I never spray my girls and they grow just fine. If you keep up with feeding you shouldn't need to foliar feed.

That is just my opinion. :thumb:

Like Miwa said, do it right before your dark period. It will reduce the risk of leaf burn.

Although to me, Foliar feeding isn't really necessary in most cases. I never spray my girls and they grow just fine. If you keep up with feeding you shouldn't need to foliar feed.

That is just my opinion. :thumb:

Have you ever heard of anyone over-fertilizing folar feeding...just trying to sidestep problems before they happen...like lockout...maybe i should research that...:nomo:

Newest update..........
Do to crappy internet service lately i have not been able to keep this up like I wanted to but here goes,
In flowering I think I am about 2 weeks from harvest although some of the the smaller bud sites are already turning amber but the main colas are not as of yet is this normal? With the last feeding I had some nutrient burn but am in the process of flush flush flush now.
I was told at one point not to prune the plants, by this i mean remove the bigger fan leaves or any bottom leaves. To just let them grow. Well after the little bit of burn I had I decided to remove the leaves and some of the smaller buds have gone from marble size to golf ball size. So I guess that was a good idea.
Most of them are almost as tall as me and I am 5'8 but some are looking like midgets but still have nice size colas.....I guess with bag seed you never know what you will get.
Next time I will top them a lot sooner.
I have 12 out of 15 seedling going strong. They are 10 days old and not much to report on them except they are doing good so far. 3 that germinated never broke through the soil, so I have a few more seeds in germ now.

My biggest question and worry now is when is the best time to cut these chicks down? And does anyone ever reuse the soil they grew in?

Pics will follow soon.

The best time to harvest, and you will be able to tell, is when the Calyxes start to swell and pistils start getting swallowed. You will see more and more of the pistils disappear. At this point, you will want at least 50-70% of the hairs to have changed colors.

A few other things you can judge by is trichome color. You will want a majority of them to be cloudy and some amber. Sativa will spend more time in the cloudy phase whereas indica will lean heavily towards amber(Amber is more couchlock)

You will be able to tell when it is the right time to harvest. Hope everything is looking good on your end. Can't wait to see how much they have changed since your last pic update.

I am so sorry it has taken this long to post anything. Well, I have bad news. Thanks to a snitch I had to get rid of everything as quick as possible here. Dont worry I didnt trash it just moved it to safe place. I wish I could have got some pics before I had to do this. But I ended up with 19 plants that I cut down and started drying a week ago. I weighed them last night before transport and 1/2 dry weight was 16 lbs. For the exception of the snitch it was a good grow I think. I learned some lessons along the way and do plan on trying again when I move. I am however selling all my lights and transformers. I guess I have to take the good with the bad and not give up!!!!! Thank you all for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom