ChefDG's Very First Plant - Soil - LED - MG

Do you have more perlite you could mix into the new pot and soil? It doesn't look like it is going to drain very well, and if you can do it now it will be without a hiccup. Just remove the plant and set aside and mix about 20% perlite in, then repot.

Do you have more perlite you could mix into the new pot and soil? It doesn't look like it is going to drain very well, and if you can do it now it will be without a hiccup. Just remove the plant and set aside and mix about 20% perlite in, then repot.

The soil is the same as what was in the smaller pot, and i havent had any problems with drainage.. I water til i see 10-20% run off and i havent seen any signs of oxygen deprivation... You think the larger pot will change the drainability? Edit: Edit: was unable to get to home depot before close.

Some of that has to do with the fact the perlite floats. When i water the small pot to all comes up to the top... Same thing happened when i moistened the soil in the large pot, i just mixed it back in cause there wasnt s plant in it heh.

Hey man! Goodluck on your grow!!! im growing my first one rightnow too! hasnt sprouted set its been atleast 24hours.

I SUBBED SEEMS VERY INTERESTING
Welcome phil! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Congrats on getting your first grow going. Its very important that as many people start growing as possible! Spread that green sea to sea. Give your seedlings time, bag seed is usually slower to germinate than seed from a breeder. I didnt expect mine to, the seed made it from the nug, through the grinder and into the bowl, where i noticed it and threw it in a cup of water lol.. Luckily it was sitting on the very top of the bowl.. The universe granted me a growing opportunity :cheesygrinsmiley:

:passitleft:

Welcome phil! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Congrats on getting your first grow going. Its very important that as many people start growing as possible! Spread that green sea to sea. Give your seedlings time, bag seed is usually slower to germinate than seed from a breeder. I didnt expect mine to, the seed made it from the nug, through the grinder and into the bowl, where i noticed it and threw it in a cup of water lol.. Luckily it was sitting on the very top of the bowl.. The universe granted me a growing opportunity :cheesygrinsmiley:

WOAH WHAT A SEED ADVENTURE MAN! Thank god it survived! I germinated a few and 4 popped for 4 pots i had then bam planted them right away! Now the waiting game is on. The universe indeed granted you a opportunity, goodluck man! If you have time check out my grow too m8
:thumb::Namaste:

Yeah she was definitely starting to be rootbound, droopy leaves that are still healthy and green. When i popped her cup off there was hardly much soil left in the bottom of the cup lol. After about a day in her new pot she perk'd right up! I would not suggest doing it in ceramic though.. And i wouldnt suggest doing a two step repotting either.. Cup to 5-6 gal planter seems much preferred.

I thought id try giving her 24/0 instead of 20/4 now that her roots are well established and after two full days with no night cycles, i believe this was the result: taco like cupping. Im positive her nutrients are correct and the temperatures are right. Let it be known! Plants need dark even in veg. She will be taking her rest tonight and every night from now on
image25280.jpg

:Namaste:

Count me in Chef! I love watching Miracle Gro grows. People hate on it so much. But I've had great success!

I have a few questions:

1) do you plan on transplanting her more than once?
2) how long do you wish to keep her in veg?
3) ever considered running 24/0 for entire veg cycle?

I wish you nothing but success and good fortune!

Cheers friend!

Tacoing is usually a sign of heat stress. Even if the temps are in the correct range, the plant might not be able to cool itself fast enough with no dark period. So as a result the leaves start to "taco" in order to try and shade the main vein in the leaf center.

I am a firm believer in have a dark period, even if it is for only 4 hours a day. During the light cycle the plant uses photosynthesis to create and store sugars. Then in the dark cycle it uses those sugars to create new growth, which is why a lot of the growth happens over the dark period. Growers that go the whole veg cycle at 24/0 usually see a much higher stretch as soon as they flip to 12/12 because the plant is now able to use more of it's stored sugar.

Count me in Chef! I love watching Miracle Gro grows. People hate on it so much. But I've had great success!

I have a few questions:

1) do you plan on transplanting her more than once?
2) how long do you wish to keep her in veg?
3) ever considered running 24/0 for entire veg cycle?

I wish you nothing but success and good fortune!

Cheers friend!
Welcome pidgeon :cheesygrinsmiley:
1) yeah i had to transplant her more than once, she was looking sad in her small cup and all i had on hand was a 2qt ceramic.. But now shes in her final home
2) ill keep her in veg until.. Probably 3rd week in june that gives me ten week of flower and two weeks to hang her.. Im working on a restrained time frame cause we're moving
3) i ran her under 24/0 for three days, she didnt seem to be able to keep up on consuming her sugars so im going to give her 4 hrs of dark a night during veg.

Thanks for the question, pidgeon.. Allow eveyone to have a bit better idea of my goals.

Tacoing is usually a sign of heat stress. Even if the temps are in the correct range, the plant might not be able to cool itself fast enough with no dark period. So as a result the leaves start to "taco" in order to try and shade the main vein in the leaf center.

I am a firm believer in have a dark period, even if it is for only 4 hours a day. During the light cycle the plant uses photosynthesis to create and store sugars. Then in the dark cycle it uses those sugars to create new growth, which is why a lot of the growth happens over the dark period. Growers that go the whole veg cycle at 24/0 usually see a much higher stretch as soon as they flip to 12/12 because the plant is now able to use more of it's stored sugar.

Couldnt have said it better myself brother, just thought i'd test it for myself.. You read so much conflicting advise about the issue... Seeing it first hand sets the advice right :cheesygrinsmiley:

The closet she's in is starting to have a distinct fresh grass smell that hits you in the face when you open the door up.. Slightly skunky but all together immature. New toys came today... Humidity and temperature monitor comin tuesday. I moved the light back a couple inches for the day and she's untaco'd in the last.... 12 hours.

Toys
image25302.jpg

Back
Top Bottom