First Grow - CFL - Walk-In Closet - Bag Seeds

Here is the main plant, looking good! Did a hydrogen peroxide treatment. It sizzled and lots of gnats jumped out. Still need yellow sticky pads, can't wait till they are all gone!
IMG_67653.JPG
FullSizeRender37.jpg

Someone on YouTube did a cool video where they choose "twin colas" or buds that were equal size right next to each other. He chopped one and would leave the other un-touched. 4-5 days later he filmed the plant and it was SUPER obvious which buds had been chopped. They had much more girth and it seemed that their growth was stimulated compared with the natural buds. I'm excited to track the progress!

Yes I am as well I have never seen this before, one could only guess what the outcome would be, thanks for making the sacrifice for us.

My seedlings are showing signs of what I think is nitrogen deficiency. Light green discoloration in the center skeleton of the leaves, as well as yellowing on bottom. I have fertilized with 1/2 strength twice, hoping they perk up soon. Transplanting one of them today because she's getting too big for the veg box! Time to flower

I transplanted both seedlings (I believe 20 days old each).
Using almond milk and juice containers, I find these are great, and can easily be stacked together for small micro plants. (which is what I intend these seedlings to be, as they are now entering 12/12 at only 20 days from seed).
FullSizeRender-34.jpg

Ya now everyone on here has me nervous lol. I watched this awesome video on YouTube (can't find it for the life of me) where a guy described the concept of back budding (essentially giving the buds a 1/4" wig chop). He then did an experiment on his own plants. He showed before and after of the un-touched colas, and the colas he had chopped. The one's that were "back-budded" (lol) were significantly more girthy than the rest. It seemed to stimulate production in the buds. Me, being impatient and like most new growers, wanting to do some little project for my plants every day ha, I decided to try it. So far, a few days in, I notice the top has not grown any taller, however the thickening of the buds seems to have increased rapidly. More photos soon! I am growing Red-Dragon sativa so the buds aren't usually thick, hence why I was stoked to try this technique.

I have a feeling it stopped the stacking upwards and just focused energy on the buds that were there already, like lollipopping a plant to redirect focus. Just a guess though. .

Back
Top Bottom