First Grow - CFL - Walk-In Closet - Bag Seeds

HappyInside

Hi fellow advocates of this mysterious fast growing alien plant of medicinal-love!

My First Grow

Seed: Bag, thought to be "Brazilian Red Dragon Sativa"

Soil: ProMix HP w/dolomite lime + 20% perlite

Lights: CFL mix of 23w and 42w totaling 260W

Temp: 68-75 F

Humidity: Whatever it is outside, I grow in a HUGE walk in closet with lots of air

Fan: On for 30 min, off for 1 hour while lights are on. Comes on once in the night.

Nutrients: Jungle Juice Grow-Micro-Bloom

Water: Filtered thru sink faucet w/ PUR filter, aged 4 days, ph'd to 6.1

Distance from lights: Tops stay within 1-2"

Light cycles: Vegged 18/6 for six weeks then went to 12/12

Will be posting photos and logging the rest of flowering until harvest. Also recently created a little "veg box" which is now housing 4 seedlings. My intention long term is to veg for 3 weeks in the little box (4 plants at a time) and constantly be rotating plants in and out of my main flowering lights. I would like to be harvesting every 30 days or so. I have strong chronic stomach pain and nausea for the last 8 years and no doctor has discovered the source. For the last 8 years medical marijuana has given me a quality of life that has allowed me to work as a personal trainer and feel good enough to be healthy and present for my clients. I am a huuuuuge believer in this medicine, as my grandparents with cancer use it and benefit greatly. Here's to a fun grow journal!

IMG_66977.jpg

Made this little veg box for seedlings. I keep it around the corner in the same closet as the flowering plants. The towel covers it once the other plants go into 12 hours darkness. So far so good! Cut vents in the top to allow heat to escape. I blow CO2 from my lungs in a few times per day. The door stays open during the day. Two 42 CFLs for 3 week veg for seedlings. Then… into flower early! Mini plants with big buds baby.
IMG_67105.jpg
IMG_67115.jpg
IMG_67127.jpg
IMG_67138.jpg
IMG_67147.jpg
IMG_67155.JPG

I have had fungus gnats (around a dozen that I can see) since the birth of the plant. Today I installed an electronic bug deterring thingy lol, and after 30 minutes I now only see 3 gnats! Also layed down a raw piece of potato to check for larva in the soil. Will be letting the soil get super dry, then 1:4 3% hydrogen peroxide to water to kill the larva. Will update how it goes! (even though I'm the only one on this thread lol, I STILL CARE!)
:p

The fungus gnats are still here in full force. Never saw any larva on the potato, however after letting the plant get very dry (no water 7 days) i stirred around the top inch of dry soil, and tons of little gnats popped out and flew away. I am going to get hydrogen peroxide 3% + water later today or tomorrow, and fizzle the shit outta these little rats. Will try to capture the massacre on camera for our entertainment! (growers are not friends of gnats)

Hey man you need to get a fan on those girls to keep the air moving around, makes life difficult for the knats. also get some yellow sticky cards, like bug traps, cuts down on the population, and also if you can find diatomaceous earth you won't require the Peroxide, just saying peroxide will kill any microlife in your soil, if there is any, and I am guessing there should be if you have knats, usually means you have something decaying.

Anyhow, read up on beneficial bacteria and fungus, you want to make sure your plant has these in the soil, and how not to kill them, Cannabis loves bacteria.

Cheers

Looking good HappyInside :goodjob: just watch out though, your lights are a bit too close to the plants, you don't want to burn them. Or cause heat stress.

Back
Top Bottom