First Grow - Bag Seed - CFLs & LED - Soil - Closet

re: First Grow - Bag Seed - CFLs & LED - Soil - Closet

Once subscribed, you'll get notices via your user CP and/or email letting you know someone has made a new post in the thread.
I'll be subbing up for journal #1 the adventure begins. Looks like you've done well for your first grow, researched information is a plenty I'm sure. :bravo:
A few weeks left?

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Subscribed , these dang kids nowadays with their street words and Pokemon go

OMG thank you. LOL yes, I definitely feel a little dated reading some of these forums. lol Don't even get me started on PokemonGo, lol.

Once subscribed, you'll get notices via your user CP and/or email letting you know someone has made a new post in the thread.
I'll be subbing up for journal #1 the adventure begins. Looks like you've done well for your first grow, researched information is a plenty I'm sure. :bravo:
A few weeks left?

:scratchinghead: Not sure what you mean by a few weeks left? This grow just started if that's what you mean.

:scratchinghead: Not sure what you mean by a few weeks left? This grow just started if that's what you mean.

Aren't those nice buds in the first few pics nearing harvest? That's what I was referring to with that. Nothing to concern yourself with.... Bad stoner typing.

Aren't those nice buds in the first few pics nearing harvest? That's what I was referring to with that. Nothing to concern yourself with.... Bad stoner typing.

:rofl: Apparently it's me having a stoner moment. When I read your post I thought it was in my new journal. You're good, and right. Yes this grow, my first, should be done in a few weeks. I've been looking through my scope and the trichomes look clear a few cloudy but mostly clear. Definitely no amber ones. Also on Plant1 the white pistils are still sticking out and white. No curled in or darkening. So as much as I want to harvest this thing ages ago, I'm apparently learning "patience" as my hubby said to me. Which is not my strong suit when it comes to wanting my bud yesterday. lol If there's anymore tips in regards to what I should be looking for to confirm harvest let me know, please.

7/20/16 Flowering Stage Week 6 - Watering with Nutes (1tsp Bloom & 1tsp CaliMagic). PPM in 763 out 952?? (why?/and is that bad) Ph in 6.13 out 6.02. Starting to see more cloudy trichomes and half/half clear/cloudy trichomes especially on plant2. The white pistils are all darkening now on plant1 and they're starting to curl in. So they might be a couple of days to a week apart. So I think probably one more nutes water then I'll start with flushing with ph water only getting ready for harvest.

Plant1...

16-07-20_BS1_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_1_.JPG
16-07-20_BS1_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_2_.PNG
16-07-20_BS2_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_1_.JPG

Plant2...

16-07-20_BS2_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_2_.JPG
16-07-20_BS2_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_1_.JPG

7/22/16 - Flowering Stage Week 6 - Day 48 - I'm so excited, Not only do I see a whole lot of cloudy, I actually see a couple of Amber trichomes. It was like spotting gold through my scope. LOL
:cheer::partyboy::party::woohoo:

Yes I'm that excited.

I started removing some fan leaves that were yellowing, just a couple to stress her a bit and keeping the temps on the low side closer to 72, to create more trichomes. I removed their bondage (LST ties), lowered the lights 2-3" and I gave them a good ph water flush with no nutes (1.5 gal).

Plant1: ph 6.50 in 605 out. ppm 315 out
Plant2: ph 6.51 in 620 out. ppm 310 out

Plant1:

16-07-22_BS1_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_Day48.JPG
16-07-22_BS1_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_Day48_1_.JPG

Plant2:

16-07-22_BS2_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_Day48_2_.JPG
16-07-22_BS2_Wk17_Flwr_Wk6_Day48_1_.JPG

7/25/16 - 2nd Water Flush - ph 6.50 water (5gal) - Trichomes mostly cloudy with 10% amber.

It's harvest day. Will wait til tonight to harvest so she can take in as much water as possible. Will post dry weight in a week or so, then will close this journal.

Plant1: ph 6.50 in 6.40 out - ppm 160 in 144 out
Plant2: ph 6.50 in 6.40 out - ppm 160 in 144 out

Plant1:

16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_1_1.JPG

16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_2_.JPG

Plant2:

16-07-25_BS2_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_2_.JPG
16-07-25_BS2_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_1_.JPG

Enjoying scissor hash for the first time after my first harvest and a night of trimming. This is magically awesome. Great reward.

:slide:

Congrats! You have some fine nugs there, I'm sure the hash is delightful. I can't wait to harvest & trim mine ;)
You should do a smoke review! TC and Cheers!

Thanks but it was bag seed, I have no idea what strain it was whatsoever. But my new crop has a few varieties, and I will definitely review those. Good idea. Also I didn't know this site had that, so it's definitely something I should check out before getting my next seeds.

16-07-25 - HARVEST DAY - Wk18 Flwr Wk7 Day51 - I spent the night trimming for the first time. Not sure if I did it right, I kept feeling like I was cutting too much but was trying to get as much leaf matter off. I saved all my trim, drying that right now on a box lid with some freezer paper at the bottom to dry out, then I will freeze it until I get more from the next crop to make hash.

Total WET trimmed weight: 156.62g or 5.52oz (which I know is different than when dry weight, I will post dry weight in a week)

I hung the buds with tape to a box to help with moisture control, it's in a dark room about 50% humidity and 75-77 degrees.

Set up a box with some freezer paper at the bottom to prevent any trichomes sticking.

Harvest set up:

16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_3_.JPG

First cut:

16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_2_.JPG

Cut then trimmed Bud:

16-07-25_BS2_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_6_.JPG
16-07-25_BS2_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_7_.JPG
16-07-25_BS2_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_12_.JPG
16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_9_.JPG
16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_8_.JPG
16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_7_.JPG

16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_4_.JPG
16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_5_.JPG
16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_24_.JPG
16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_25_.JPG
16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_26_.JPG
16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_27_.JPG
16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_14_.JPG
16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_6_.JPG

Bag Seed1 Crop:

16-07-25_BS1_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_1_.JPG

Bag Seed2 Crop: Wet weight 84.48g or 3.01oz (will post dry weight in a week)

16-07-25_BS2_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_15_.JPG

Ready for Drying: Wet weight 71.14g or 2.51oz (will post dry weight in a week)

16-07-25_BS2_Wk18_Flwr_Wk7_Day51_Harvest_1_.JPG

7/27/16 - Well it's day 2 of drying and all of a sudden they seem very dry to the touch despite the stems didn't seem to snap, but definitely bend over easily, but didn't make a snap sound. So I clipped them off and put them in a jar with a 2" stem to rehydrate a little bit. I'm waiting for my Hygrometer to be delivered and my Boveda 62 packs. So the stem was the best thing I could think of right now.

After trimming them off their little branches and now that they're dry.

DRY Weight 35.87g or 1.26oz (Very different from wet weight with stems. LOL) I'm learning lol.

Anyway, I made my goal which was to get at least an ounce out of my first grow and I achieved that. I'm very happy. Now my next goal will be to get an ounce per plant.

I'll be curing for the next 4-8 weeks minimum. Which is to put them in a 16oz mason jar, since I don't think I have enough to put in a quart mason jar. The jar I have them in is a bit too big (pic below), but waiting for my mason jars to be delivered, will put in the right size jar once I get them. I believe there will be too much air space in the quart size for curing properly. I will open, burp them, move them around a bit, and check smell twice a day.

If anyone has any additional info on how to cure please let me know.

Thank you for checking out my first grow. I'm hooked, I'm a Stoner and now a Grower!:cheesygrinsmiley:
:party:
:woohoo:
:yahoo:;)

IMG_68734.JPG

7/28/16 - I left the stem in for a few hours off and on, then decided to check the jar humidity with the room humidity monitor I had for the grow room, and the humidity was 79-77 with the stem in it 77-75 without it. So I don't think I need the stem. There's enough moisture to start the curing process. I'm going to keep my AcuRite Humidity monitor in the jar til I get my hygrometer.

Upper 70's is still pretty moist. I worry about mold above 70%. So be careful. Open the jar, dump them out. Let them air a bit, then jar them back up. Do that twice a day until you get below 68%. Then go longer and longer as you get closer to 62%. Alternatively you can put them in a small paper bag and fold it. It still dries, but a bit slower.

What's your ambient RH?

Upper 70's is still pretty moist. I worry about mold above 70%. So be careful. Open the jar, dump them out. Let them air a bit, then jar them back up. Do that twice a day until you get below 68%. Then go longer and longer as you get closer to 62%. Alternatively you can put them in a small paper bag and fold it. It still dries, but a bit slower.

What's your ambient RH?

OMG that helps tremendously. I couldn't find anything on what is the appropriate humidity levels to watch out for, or strive for. I don't have a paper bag, but I emptied them out on a plate and put them in my wood armoire to air out slowly doors closed. Ambient RH is 53%, armoire humidity is 63%. In the jar the humidity stayed at 75% til this morning.

When you say let them air out a bit, for how long twice a day? a few minutes or an hour?

:thanks:

Really depends on how fast they get dry around the edges again. 15 minutes to a couple hours in depending on air flow and ambient RH. Just a little crisp on the outside, spongy moist in the middle. Back in the jar. When they feel moist on the outside, dump and do it again.

Once you get to 68ish in the jar you can just 'burp' the jar. Roll the jar, shake it so the clumps loosen and break apart then open it. Let it exchange air a few minutes, roll it again and put the lid on. Repeat once a day until about 65%, then every other, then once a week. At about 60%, after a month or so I will add the boveda packs if I'm storing it.

The whole point is to dry it evenly inside and out, and do it slowly, but avoid the mold at the same time. 68-70ish is my mold worry point. If it's a strain that has had issues with mold (some are more resistant than others) I will dry it down to 68-70 as fast as possible, and hasten getting to 65%.

Don't be surprised if it goes through different scent stages.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom