Rescue Plants - First Indoor

slamber670

Check it out man. I come from a family of Hunters. We have a lot of land, family land. All of the younger generations "smoke'. All of the Old Cats in the family are highly against it. We cast seeds out of bag weed and come back to look for plants in the spring. So, no I'm not stealing someones guerrilla, as somebody on here suggested. Luckily, their comment was pulled from my thread. It's a game we have played for years and years. Everybody finds plants (finders keepers). Whoever finds plant first gets to claim. Then try to take care of them while keeping them hid from the old timers. Yes, they have and will pull the plants they find. We have fun. We have always come up with good "reggie". We never knew all the science until I started in-depth research. All we knew a little chicken shit, some bone and blood meal and try to keep them watered. Sorry there will be no pictures from the woods, no breaking this rule. after all I was one that insisted we stop shortly after the camera phones came out. I can tell you this: Thanx to the research of fine growers such as yourselves and "Fox Farm" we should reach better qualities this year.

July 8,
I found an Indy. She was tiny. About a foot tall but main stalk was like a tooth pic. 3 nodes with very tiny 3 finger leaves at each node. She didn't get 5 fingers until 2 nodes later. I dug her up and brought her home. Here is a pic 2 weeks later.
0720161950.jpg

On that day I found a Sativa that was in a very poor light area, no branching at all. So I dug her up too. I Went down below 5th node and super cropped and topped out of necessity.
0722161216.jpg

Yes Tinfoil and all.

They were starving and all I had was miracle grow. So that was their diet for almost a month.

Now Using these recommended dose on bottle, every other water
Fox Farm Ocean Forrest
FF grow big
FF tiger bloom
Cal-Mag Plus Botanicare
Root & Grow Bonide
root powder Bonide
Olivia's cloning gel
Indy is in 3gal plastic pot
Sativa is in a 5 gallon hydraulic oil bucket (mistake I know) too late now

I'm using a combo of TOP, TOP, LST, SUPER CROP, LOLLY POP, and a BMW (BEAMER)
I'm so impressed by this method. brilliant results. I will probably always super crop now.

Let me explain the "BEAMER"
While lollypopping the Indy, I split the stalk at the main beam pretty badly. First I panicked, then immediately duct taped. After my research I had a man tell me that he actually does that on purpose and that I will get huge nugs as a result. My plant never even knew it happened, it never stopped growing. So in the future I will be giving some of my ladies a BEAMER before the flip (that's what I'm calling it anyway).

Here's my CFL that I made. I have a smaller one like it for veg
0806161301_1_.jpg
0806161301a_1_.jpg

600 watt veg
1200 watt flower
maybe overkill but my plants are doing well no light burn

18 days now
0907161128_1_.jpg
0905160945a_1_.jpg
0907161325_1_.jpg
0907161324_1_.jpg

We have renamed them because my Aunt said I had male names. both are beautiful females. She said they needed female names cause no transvestite was going to live in her closet. (lol i think she means hermie)

Indy is HOW-LOW KITTY my son thinks it came from a sac of sour diesel
Sativa is SUPER SEXY SOCCER MOM. my son said he knows for a fact it came from SUPER LEMON HAZE and he said he got it from a sexy soccer mom

I have a Cal-Mag issue with Kitty. I hope I didn't discover too late. I mixed 5ml cal-mag to gallon and made a foliage spray. I hope it works.

Ok y'all can laugh at my Trailer Park Boy set up but hey I'm getting there. I have done what you see without...

No thermometer
No barometer
No PH kit
No PPM kit
Cheap CFL lighting
Yes even Tinfoil
Only have water from our well we don't even have city water (i do not over water)
I have realized that I have not been giving enough nutes. With no testing equipment I have been afraid of nute burn. Going to up their amount of solution mix. maybe I'm freakin scared

My Aunt and live together kids grown and both divorced. She is only 3 yrs older. So no Im not living with an old lady. We are very poor. But..... We have DESIRE. We are making purchases when we can. We have plans for a 3 tent system with LED'S. Gotta harvest first if you know what I mean. I have a lot of family and friends depending on me because we need our medicine and entertainment. Our state should be going green on Nov. 8. I have plans of being a front runner grower. One of the best. So all the help will be greatly appreciated.
:hippy:

Awesome slamber670! Glad to see you decided to do a journal.

I like that CFL light. I actually did one almost identical when I 1st sprouted my girls. It worked great all the way into veg before I started upgrading.
I have seen some nice buds come from CFL grows so don't be discourgaged with what you have.
Build up your kit as you have the means, but go ahead grow along the way with what you have. You will grow some buds and learn a lot as you go along.

I am in for the ride. :passitleft:

Looks like you got a good bit of stuff to work with already, and have a couple nice ladies already going, so you are on your way.

I would look at something to check and adjust PH. No need for an expensive PH meter. You can get by with pool test strips or the PH test drops.

Don't know if you are near a place to get grow supplies or if you are ordering online but there are plenty of people on here that can point you in the right direction to grow some nice buds within your budget.

Well let's get this journal started, I'm in for the ride. Those plants have come a long way, some very ample canopies there. Are they budding yet, I can't tell. And Is that 18 dayd of 12/12... Here's to some big buds to come,

KIG :green_heart:Cheers

OK I NEED HELP. I'm losing my leaves on kitty from low-mag. I need those leaves on my bud stalks. What do I do. I have mixed a spray of 5ml cal-mag to gal. She is dying quick buds are pulling nutes

Hey Slamber670,

You got a digital camera now. Can you go ahead a post some new pictures of Kitty to show us exactly what she is looking like and the issue you are seeing with her.
Then some of the experts can give you a better opinion on what you are experiencing with her.

A few more questions to help troubleshoot your issue
- Are the Leaves yellowing from the bottom of the plant and working up, from the top and working down, or just generally the whole plant ?
- Is the soil really wet ?
- When was the last watering, did you add nutes, and what were they if you did?

Camera is not here yet. I checked soil still very wet. I guess that I over watered her. she does have mag issue but i think she is going to recover buds look great

How is the drainage in your containers? Since you are using plastic buckets did you make sure to drill lots of holes? Roots need to breathe, they need oxygen.

My recommendations
- Let that girl dry out
- Make sure you got good drainage in your containers so you don't drown the roots
- Once she is dried out Flush her with lots of just plain water. Then let her dry out again. Just to get any build up out of the soil. Fox Farm Ocean Forest is pretty hot (High Nutes) right out of the bag so if you are feeding heavy also you may have some build up.
- Get some way to check and manage your PH even if it is just the swimming pool test strips. Don't want Lock out due to PH. If you are locked out and see a deficiency, adding the deficient nute isn't going to help you get her back on track.

For now lets assume she is just too wet then we can trouble shoot further as she gets dried out.

okay not an expert but here is what I see.

I don't see nutrient burn. Leaf tips look healthy.

I do see a possible Calcium deficiency, but maybe a Mag issue also seeing that last picture.

Probably need a good flush with PH'd water 6.0-7.0 Then mild dose of Cal-Mag after the flush also using PH'd water.

I have a feeling your problems are related to PH.

I could be totally off, and maybe some others with chime in with their opinions.

She is in 3 gallon flower pot not a bucket sativa in bucket is fine. Yes watered 2 days ago soil is still soakin wet.

2 days and still soaked.... Need to figure out why that is not draining off. Roots maybe drowning.

I agree on the calcium def. The dying leaves look more like phosphorus than anything. Go ahead with the flush, I like to incorporate a low dose of macro nutes in with my flush water. This way you get both the benefits of the flush, salt buildup is gone and Ph regulated. So now you've got your base nutes in the super saturated medium, which will keep her from forming new deficiencies before you're able to feed again. I do that rather than waiting till she's dry again before feeding her once she's been cleared, deficiencies pop up overnight. I'd mix your calmag and macro nutes in a diluted mix and flush with that. Make sure to Ph it if you can, how is your well water? Soft or hard?

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Soft well water. I have no PH/PPM kits. I have a bigger fan blowing on her now. I think that I just drowned. What blows my mind is buds a thriving have not stopped production at all. I guess I will lose some from my rookie mistake, but I think she will be fine. Thnx for the advice for flush with mild nutes. I think I will just leave her alone tho, I have already screwed up enough. Knowing me I will proly just make things worse.

Don't forget to make extra holes in the pot... very low going all around.. I have killed one lady in wet bottom soil.. ( no extra holes) that got bad.

Well she HERMIED freakn nuts all over. I think im giving up. I guess it just wasnt meant for a poor person to be successful. Thanx for the help anyway. Yes I know your a chic, I say man to everyone

I refuse to believe in your statement
it just wasnt meant for a poor person to be successful

Too much of a stubborn hard a@# to believe in what you said :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom