Catman's Closet - Bag Seed - LED Grow — First Grow - 2014

I was looking around Herbies and if I was going with pineapple and Barneys, I would go for the pineapple chunk

! Barneys Pineapple Chunk Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds

Thanks for the input Buckshot, it looks like I got pretty close to your suggestion when I ordered yesterday. I'm trying an auto grow this next time - for both height and time reasons, so here's what I got:

" Pineapple Express Auto Feminised Cannabis Seeds by Barney's Farm Seeds: Pineapple Express is similar to the original Pineapple Chunk, the aromas are sweet, and close your eyes and you'll find yourself on a tropical beach in Hawaii. Pineapple Express grows small is Indica dominant, offering a long lasting high that balances upbeat effects with stress reducing calmness.

Features

Sex: Feminized

Type: Indica

Grow: Indoor/Outdoor

Flowering Time: Autoflowering

Harvest Time: 65 to 75 days from seed

Yield: 15 to 25g

Height: 50cm

THC: 12 to 15%

CBD: High
very medicinal"

So I guess I was close in my choice. The other kind I purchased was the Dinafem White Widow autoflowering. Similar in that it's also supposed to be higher in CBD when they crossed w/indica to produce the autoflower.

They may not be high yield, but it's worth a shot to see how this autoflowering business works. May be perfect for the space I have.

Haven't been doing the best lately and am anxious to see how this med will work for me in the long term. I guess some could say I'm not patient enough...maybe so. It's frustrating to battle with medical conditions along with the pharmaceuticals and their side effects all at the same time.

Bah! Onward...

Thanks for your recommendation - I value the source

:Namaste:

Thanks for the input Buckshot, it looks like I got pretty close to your suggestion when I ordered yesterday. I'm trying an auto grow this next time - for both height and time reasons, so here's what I got:

" Pineapple Express Auto Feminised Cannabis Seeds by Barney’s Farm Seeds: Pineapple Express is similar to the original Pineapple Chunk, the aromas are sweet, and close your eyes and you’ll find yourself on a tropical beach in Hawaii. Pineapple Express grows small is Indica dominant, offering a long lasting high that balances upbeat effects with stress reducing calmness.

Features

Sex: Feminized

Type: Indica

Grow: Indoor/Outdoor

Flowering Time: Autoflowering

Harvest Time: 65 to 75 days from seed

Yield: 15 to 25g

Height: 50cm

THC: 12 to 15%

CBD: High
very medicinal"

So I guess I was close in my choice. The other kind I purchased was the Dinafem White Widow autoflowering. Similar in that it's also supposed to be higher in CBD when they crossed w/indica to produce the autoflower.

They may not be high yield, but it's worth a shot to see how this autoflowering business works. May be perfect for the space I have.

Haven't been doing the best lately and am anxious to see how this med will work for me in the long term. I guess some could say I'm not patient enough...maybe so. It's frustrating to battle with medical conditions along with the pharmaceuticals and their side effects all at the same time.

Bah! Onward...

Thanks for your recommendation - I value the source

Autoflowers are great for smaller areas and I :bravo: you for taking the leap with them. Since you are only growing for yourself your yields aren't as important as good meds, NOW. So choosing to go with autos is a great one. Choosing to go with autos allows you to avoid large HID systems like most of us use. You can stick with CFL's or Flouro's and don't even have to change the light cycle from 18/6, This will save you bundles in electricity down the road. You will be also able to grow larger amounts of plants in a shorter amount of time in the same space as one ore two larger ladies. And with an average of 14-28g per plant...say 12 plants that 6-12Oz every 2 months. Takes most of use 3+ months to achieve that with a non Auto. But for those of us taking care of Patients numbers are a limiting factor...so Larger yields on fewer plants is the way to go for us...

Autoflowers are great for smaller areas and I :bravo: you for taking the leap with them. Since you are only growing for yourself your yields aren't as important as good meds, NOW. So choosing to go with autos is a great one.

Thank you my friend :Namaste:

Choosing to go with autos allows you to avoid large HID systems like most of us use. You can stick with CFL's or Flouro's and don't even have to change the light cycle from 18/6, This will save you bundles in electricity down the road.

Yes indeed. I am using an LED in my spare closet (roommate approved, although he does not really track all this). I have seen good results with LED over time in a variety of forums and educational material. Saves on the electric bill and runs cool...keeps my anxiety low leaving the house all day. So far so good - haven't had my own flowering experience yet...

You will be also able to grow larger amounts of plants in a shorter amount of time in the same space as one ore two larger ladies. And with an average of 14-28g per plant...say 12 plants that 6-12Oz every 2 months. Takes most of use 3+ months to achieve that with a non Auto. But for those of us taking care of Patients numbers are a limiting factor...so Larger yields on fewer plants is the way to go for us...

Fingers crossed devilish...thanks for the support! :peacetwo:

Better to feed them Light Doses of Nutes more often than Heavy Doses less often! I rotate like this. Water Food Food, so say on monday I water on wednesday they would get food and again on friday they would get food then water again on monday. I always Give them more water than food to help break down any residual nutrient buildup in the soil and to make sure they are Hydrated.

Better to feed them Light Doses of Nutes more often than Heavy Doses less often! I rotate like this. Water Food Food, so say on monday I water on wednesday they would get food and again on friday they would get food then water again on monday. I always Give them more water than food to help break down any residual nutrient buildup in the soil and to make sure they are Hydrated.

Thanks for the heads up about feeding devilish!

This was an interesting read. I can't really offer anything but some good wishes bro. I'm new to the game save for what I threw in a field in the 80's.

What can I say Jake? This was a helluva practice run an I learned a lot that's for sure LOL. Thanks for giving my journal a read-through. Best of luck to you man. We're all here to learn. Hear tell even the "old timers" need some help too :cheesygrinsmiley:

Congratulations - It's a Boy!

And so here we are:

1_3_18.JPG

1_1_19.jpg

1_2_21.jpg

End of my work week. Hazel is coming into his manhood. Quite tired today but appreciative of making it into a flowering stage in my first practice grow. Thanks 420!

Now - How to control odor more effectively for my next auto grow? Have read White Widow throws off a pretty noticeable odor. Can find no venting alternatives.

Have been finding some auto grow journals. Appreciate the help in this community.

:thanks:

Last shot of Hazel:

21752.jpg

A couple shots comparing the beginning to the end of my first grow

08108.JPG
01509.JPG

1_1_18.jpg
1_3_17.jpg

And, the closet:

06158.JPG

21752.jpg

Thanks once again for all your help - I honestly cannot remember the last time I learned so much in such a short period of time. 420 has helped me get a great start on some wholesome Meds and a new outlook for the future

:green_heart:

On to the next challenge...:high-five:

Re: Congratulations - It's a Boy!

If you have one a chimney works great... if not How Can I Vent Through The Sewer?

Thanks for the input Buckshot.

Right now I live in a rental Condo - I miss living in a home.

Hence the stealth closet grow. Man, if I still lived in my old house I could have an entire good sized bedroom committed to an awesome grow. I wouldn't give a shit about odor. Wouldn't have to.

Man I miss that place. Life has changed. But, I'll look around for some ideas - never thought to consider a sewer vent. I thought of the dryer vent...but that room is too small - If I really want clean clothes...

*Ahem*

This last post id for Obi Wan

I am keeping my word Obi! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mostly dried Hazel decarboxylated for 15 minutes at 225 degrees.
Sauteed in grass fed butter from local dairy and a bit of virgin olive oil on medium low for a good while until Hazel is dark and the butter is bright, bright green. Add the 2 eggs, salt/pepper, cayenne and paprika.

31551.jpg

The results are much better that I thought they would be (!!!)

The wife and I own a condo but we're looking at a hobby farm in the next few years. I want an acre of potatoes just for me! Oh and a potato digger for my tractor. hehe

Potatoes - Most excellent IMHO.

My son, his wife and I want land. I'd build a cob house "compound" and grow garlic and herbs in containers. My son wants to farm it all. My daughter in law makes soap. Life could be so nice! I am not the Condo type...my circumstances, including my job, are not my preferences in the least bit - but I know are temporary :cheesygrinsmiley:

Great fun watching you put your gear together sir Wilde ~ Happy Growing!!

I think I have to ask admin to close out this journal as complete....

I have seen edibles before. But I must say, you have a most unique way of consuming your crop.

Cheers Catman12!

Back
Top Bottom