Shuffledemon's Organic Soil Multistrain Indoor LED Grow Journal — 2014

So do we want more pics then? :laughtwo:

We are about a week out on harvest of the super lemon haze. Mmmmmm. Lemon haze.

ggbud-6.jpg

ggbud-3.jpg

ggbud-4.jpg

Might take 'er a few days early - I plucked a couple smaller buds for a test this evening. :cheer:

The Medical 'No Name' strain is a beast:
ggbud-5.jpg

That is one plant.

ggbud-2.jpg

ggbud-1.jpg

hahahah ,great, I am sitting here to wait for your harvest. hahahaha.
So do we want more pics then? :laughtwo:

We are about a week out on harvest of the super lemon haze. Mmmmmm. Lemon haze.

ggbud-6.jpg

ggbud-3.jpg

ggbud-4.jpg

Might take 'er a few days early - I plucked a couple smaller buds for a test this evening. :cheer:

The Medical 'No Name' strain is a beast:
ggbud-5.jpg

That is one plant.

ggbud-2.jpg

ggbud-1.jpg

Looks great man. I was like, a mouse clock away from ordering the Purple OG#18, but switched to the Ultimate Purple. Let me know how she is..

man it just looks FANTASTIC! I really am impressed! I hope I can manage to turn my shit around and get something like this in the end... Hey Ive got to ask though how far do you hang your LED above your plants? Im wondering if mine could be too close...

Thanks PT420! You will get there no doubt. Believe it or not, part of the magic is just patience and not freaking out at the first sign of a problem. These plants are incredibly resistant.

I started my plants out at about 20 inches - but they are beasts and at full maturation they are about 10 inches away from the light and doing great. I recommend 20-24 for junior plants.

Insofar as the SLH test - it was good, but not great. Staying in the tent for the time being.

If you know about the cannabis maturation cycle and the effects of THC at each stage you will understand that if your strain is known for more than 'sleepy' effects (which most are) but you find that your test smoke works but primarily gets you 'sleepy', then you know you aren't ready. Maturation cycle goes : "light effects -> sleepy/drowsy -> strong -> couchlock -> you waited too long". :)

I know, incredibly scientific hey? :)

Here is a quick snap of the test subjects:

canna-1.jpg

So here is an interesting one. I am going to post a separate thread on this as well, but bear with me here.

I hear people talk about pistil color and condition as indicators of plant maturity. Well, don't. It doesn't work. You need your magnifier and perspective of your trichome color. Without that you just have guesswork.

Take a look at these. Which one looks more mature?

canna-2.jpg
canna-3.jpg

If you guessed the first one, with more brown pistils and more inward curl (like most of us would do) you would be wrong.

The second shot - the Medical 'No Name' strain is _way_ more powerful at this point versus the super lemon haze, which is supposed to have a higher THC concentration. The test of the No Name strain last night was successful. Almost felt as successful as concentrates. :) I'm happy. She'll be harvested in days, not weeks methinks.

The trichomes tell the story.

Hopefully that is helpful to someone out there.

One of the things I both really like and have missed about LED light technology is the lack of heat generated by the light itself. Overall it is a great thing as it allows you to stabilize tent temps that much easier. However, one of the handy side effects of that heat was a decent quick-dry method of testing your buds. It's great because the heat is gentle if you use a dish or something to dissipate it a bit, and it's done inside your smell-treated grow area. Pretty handy.

Well, got tired of missing that ability, so I give you : Quick dry canna-scentsy!

sensi-1.jpg

sensi-2.jpg

Pretty simple - a scentsy with the wax dish removed, and some foil in it's place.

If you give this a try, you will need around 3-5 hours. Rotate your buds at least twice in that time. Done!

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom