Rastas' First Grow

Hey rasta, plants are looking great over here! Great job on the clones, it sure is nice when things work out the way their supposed to eh :) I was away on vacation so wasn't around much, I also see you are away overseas, hope all goes well for you. I will be back again at some point to check in, got to get busy in my own garden :)

420-magazine-mobile891364664.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1893339207.jpg

Just a couple close up shots of the WW from two days ago. The flowers are filling out and the smell is STRONG!

Each plant has its distinct own smell. It's intriguing to me because this is unfamiliar territory. I'm loving it.

I'm germinating as we speak for an outdoor grow that I won't be journaling. It will be soil, seaweed and a bottle of tomato nutrients from Bunnings. That's pretty much it.

I'll have some good close ups of the JH and SS in another week or so. In theory, I could be looking at harvesting by mid October. That's around the tenth week. The plants are only small. But it's what I expected. That SS isn't even two feet tall.

Pretty exciting still.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Very nice white widow rasta, them are gonna be some darn sticky buds. I can smell them from way over here man :) haha

You must live in a nice warm climate year round? No way I could be planting outdoors now :( Already getting some frost at night now in my area. Best of luck with that!

Very nice white widow rasta, them are gonna be some darn sticky buds. I can smell them from way over here man :) haha

You must live in a nice warm climate year round? No way I could be planting outdoors now :( Already getting some frost at night now in my area. Best of luck with that!

Yes! It's Spring here, so I've got all sorts of delicious seedlings under a T5 at the moment. I'll let them chill for a few weeks inside, then kick them out. I've got 8 Hindu Kush seeds I sourced in Sri Lanka which popped open nicely, so this summer will be interesting.

I'll be focusing on sourcing seeds overseas next year too.

UPDATE:

They're nearing the end of their seventh week in flower. I've got a 60x loupe microscope on its way.

Please, let me know your thoughts. Are they looking okay?

Here's the White Widow:

420-magazine-mobile1333047820.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1969090652.jpg

Here's the Super Skunk:

420-magazine-mobile939917260.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1500671452.jpg

Here's the Jack Herer:

420-magazine-mobile1065841845.jpg

The autos will probably give me only a gram dry, but it's something!

420-magazine-mobile139250782.jpg

I've learned so much I almost wanna throw everything out and start again with the knowledge I have now. I've got these babies nestled under a T5 right now.

420-magazine-mobile244791870.jpg

A big auto grow soon and plenty of outdoor fun with girls above this season.

C'MON GUYS & GIRLS, CHIME IN WITH ANYTHING!!!

Hey rasta! Them budding ladies are looking great and likely getting very close to being finished. Have you started flushing or anything? I noticed that leaves are starting to yellow.

Only 1 gram dry from the auto's? Which ones my friend, the 3 in the medium sized pots show in the picture? Maybe we could get some close ups of them and we will have a look. How old are they now?

Good to see you got lots of babies going for the near future, I'm sure they will do great as well. Why do you think you should throw everything out and start over?? I would not want to waste anything already on the go, just apply what you have learned to what you have now and go with it :) Don't get discouraged over anything, it's always a learning curve. What are some things you're looking to change? Maybe we can chat about it some.

Hey rasta! Them budding ladies are looking great and likely getting very close to being finished. Have you started flushing or anything? I noticed that leaves are starting to yellow.

Yes, in a sense. I've started just using pH'd water and some molasses. I did this a couple of nights ago and they're doing fine. The leaves have yellowed quite as bit and the Super Skunk's leaves are turning purple. Temps don't get too cool at night, even though it is pretty cold here. I basically followed the Canna nutrient feeding regime, at the highest being 1/2 strength and I really didn't get any burn issues.

Only 1 gram dry from the auto's? Which ones my friend, the 3 in the medium sized pots show in the picture? Maybe we could get some close ups of them and we will have a look. How old are they now?

Yeah, they're about 8 and a bit weeks old now. The Bubba Yum is shooting off fox tails, so I think she's got another week or so and she will be done. I'll most likely harvest these at the same time (it will probably take 5 minutes haha)

Good to see you got lots of babies going for the near future, I'm sure they will do great as well. Why do you think you should throw everything out and start over?? I would not want to waste anything already on the go, just apply what you have learned to what you have now and go with it :) Don't get discouraged over anything, it's always a learning curve. What are some things you're looking to change? Maybe we can chat about it some.

It's just that feeling when you know how much better you could do the next time around. There are many things I would change. Lighting, pot size, strain, medium, nutrients, you name it! But I will manipulate and adjust as I go until I'm growing where I'm happy.

I'm loving your CK journal. You're inspiring me to try some LST next time - another thing I would've done this time if I knew what it was. If I can make improvements every grow then I'm on the right track. Thanks for always posting in here it keeps me motivated. I will do my best to do the same - once I know something! :thanks:

Ok, if you're just giving water and molasses you are pretty much flushing the plants. I gave molasses to my plants right up til their last flushing (4 flushes total over almost 2 weeks in hempy's) then they were left alone for the pots to dry out and put into 48 hours darkness before chopping. You don't have to do it like I did either, that's just how I managed to do it. It's also a lot easier to flush when growing in perlite lol.

I am glad to hear that I have been motivating you! Don't ever get down over some silly mistakes or if something bad happens to a plant, you will learn from these things and become a better grower. I don't know how many mistakes I've made lately haha. Tonight was frustrating trying to re-arrange the tent but I just kept moving along, I knew I'd get it worked out eventually, and I will probably still change a ton of things again, it never ends lol.

Pop on over to the journal anytime and have a chat, I'm usually around if I'm not working or something. We will both be learning from the LST, this is the first time I have bent any of my plants over like that! I've done some other training and bending of branches, but not like this, this will be an experience haha. If you haven't already done so, there are a couple of links in my signature below to some great tutorials on training, have a look, that's mostly where I learned it all from :)

Soo...I dried a White Widow clone for a few days and tested the smoke last night. It was just into its eighth week and the tric's were just starting to go milky in a few. It was the smoothest hit I've had. The flavour wasn't there at all, but it was so gentle. I had enough for two decent pipes. It was a long lasting cerebral high. I think an occasional smoker would have their socks knocked off though.

420-magazine-mobile222623648.jpg

So rapt!!!

Thanks Dick, I'm trying to avoid posting the inevitable, "When should I harvest?" question! I'm just going to go by what the strain says and if in my opinion they appear 50/50. We'll see! The Jack Herer still has a couple more weeks, but all the leaves are starting to yellow more and drop off now on the SS and WW. I reckon I'll be harvesting at the start of week 9 which is next week. JH can have 10-11 weeks. It's just a completely different shaped plant. Everything about it is different.

Hello everyone following!

I harvested the Super Skunk a couple of nights ago. I tried some of it dry, not cured, and the sativa influence is very strong in this phenotype. It also turned a lovely shade of purple. I took her at nine weeks from flowering.

420-magazine-mobile284345765.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1835343802.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1971345698.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1707909301.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1330723995.jpg

My estimate will be only about 8 grams dry from this plant. So much to learn.

The White Widow will be harvested after 11 weeks, the Jack Herer probably then too.

More ideas here now. I'm not sure what route I'm going to take for my next grow. It may be sativa dominant, with a Jack Herer x 4 and a Power Plant x 4 under a Mars Hydro 1200 watt each, with a Hindu Kush grow under a Mars Hydro 1600 watt. I'm thinking up to 9 plants here. Who knows?

Okay, so it turns out I got 17g from the Super Skunk. It smokes beautifully now and has a strong perfume-like aroma when exhaled, but the smell of the bud curing? Smells terrible. I guess that's why Shantibaba calls his Skunk #1 'Shit'.

420-magazine-mobile155562937.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1268001881.jpg

I'm pretty excited.

Germinating about 30 seeds shortly for a monster indoor grow. Multiple strains, multiple of each and lots of photos. New Gorilla Grow tents rockin' soon too! Just got a bit more digging to do first so I can put them up.

Congrats on your harvest rasta!! And another couple more to come soon! Keep up the great work over there. Can't wait to see this massive grow you got planned!

Back
Top Bottom