Beateo's Winter 2015 Multi-Strain Indoor CFL Grow in Soil

Happy TokerDaze Beateo:)......i hope all is well with you today my brother:).....your hps will dry the pots out quicker....not only from the heat, but also they are growing quicker than with cfl and will uptake more due to the better growth....as far as the clones go i think the 90% is if you are not using a cloner of sorts.....what i mean is from my personal experience as long as the lower stem is staying wet then my clones are fine....even when the humidity was around 20% for a couple of weeks......if you are using a tray with a dome then it is necessary to have high humidity for sure:).......hope this helps out bro:)

Nice update, man!
Your girls look excellent. From what little I think I know, it appears you are pushing them right to the edge. Perfect!
No problem here with scrolling through pictures.

Does anyone else have a problem scrolling through photos? Mine freezes up an awful lot when I scroll pictures? Hey.. I got post number 420!!
:party: :party: :party: :party: :)

Yeah, it's always a lot slower when I'm reading a thread with lots of photos. Tried to look on my phone the other day when I was away and it was like pulling teeth.

Plants are looking good Beateo. Hopefully the increased watering will help with the drooping. I have had leaves droop outside as well as sometimes they don't really spring back. So if they're not looking like they're doing much I pull them off.

Thank you all for the kind words. :)
Sam, my computer doesn't just slow down.. it locks up. I have to refresh the page to "unstick" it and if I continue to try to scroll down the photos it locks up again! I think it's more likely a problem with my computer than with the site if it's not happening to others.
BUT... it doesn't happen to my computer anywhere else? Curious.
:Namaste:

I did a little additional work on my clone closet. I decided to add a second adjustable shelf on the other side of the closet so I can have the bubble cloner on one side and my next grow and/or the mother plants on the other side. Since I retired I have way too much time to think about stuff. :)

This is the new shelf I built today to move the cloner to:

DSCN23267.JPG

These two are the shelf that was there but now it's just for new rooted clones and a mom or two.

DSCN23274.JPG

DSCN23257.JPG

As always, thanks for looking and if you see anything that can be improved, feel free to chime in! :)

Bubba,
Thanks bro. I'll run ALL of my maintenance programs later tonight... might not fix the problem but it can't hurt! :)
Maybe time to clear out your temporary internet files? Could be your cache has grown to big with all these pics of lovely ladies. Haha.

Things are lookin' great, B!

I just noticed something disturbing... If my plants double in height when I put them in flower, I'll have to cut a hole in the ceiling for my light! lol
I've got about 18 - 24 inches between my light and the tops.. and only about 16 inches left to move the light higher.... 7' ceiling in that room....I know the math doesn't work out but the light hood itself has some depth too. Should I put them in flower now? They're due to flip in about 2 weeks (My personal schedule), but maybe now would be better?
Thoughts & Ideas?

I just noticed something disturbing... If my plants double in height when I put them in flower, I'll have to cut a hole in the ceiling for my light! lol
I've got about 18 - 24 inches between my light and the tops.. and only about 16 inches left to move the light higher.... 7' ceiling in that room....I know the math doesn't work out but the light hood itself has some depth too. Should I put them in flower now? They're due to flip in about 2 weeks (My personal schedule), but maybe now would be better?
Thoughts & Ideas?

I'd say you have two choices. Either flower now and get a smaller yield, or give them some LST lovin' and grow 'em to fit your dimensions. ;)

You could top them. That will slow the height way down and give the plants a couple of weeks to develop B4 the flip.
Let's see: 7' ceiling -1' of light & hood -1' between light and plant -2' plant -1' pot (just guessing at most of this) = 2' of additional grow room. I'd top 'em or flip now unless you know they don't stretch much.

Hey brother:)...I hope you have had a great day;)...check out my blogs....the one from Skunny....tips and tricks to even canopy.....it will help slow your central colas upward growth while allowing the lower growth to catch up...he doesnt lst but you can still implement that in as well if you choose to do it;).....
Tell the wife LB and I said Hello and for you two to have a Greentastic Evening:)

OK... me thinking totally enclosed in the box... obviously there are plenty of options and opinions. :) No need for me to be disturbed... oh wait.. I'm disturbed anyway. lol
Thanks to all of you... ALL good ideas.
Green Dreamz... wife said "oh that was nice of them.. tell them I said Hi too". :) I don't know about you guys but I have 3... count em.. 3 pipes and a vaporizer loaded and ready to go for tonight! Yeah buddy!! :thumb:
Bubba, Major, GD... you guys all have a great evening and thanks for the input, it's truly appreciated!

I'd say you have two choices. Either flower now and get a smaller yield, or give them some LST lovin' and grow 'em to fit your dimensions. ;)

You could top them. That will slow the height way down and give the plants a couple of weeks to develop B4 the flip.
Let's see: 7' ceiling -1' of light & hood -1' between light and plant -2' plant -1' pot (just guessing at most of this) = 2' of additional grow room. I'd top 'em or flip now unless you know they don't stretch much.

Hey brother:)...I hope you have had a great day;)...check out my blogs....the one from Skunny....tips and tricks to even canopy.....it will help slow your central colas upward growth while allowing the lower growth to catch up...he doesnt lst but you can still implement that in as well if you choose to do it;).....
Tell the wife LB and I said Hello and for you two to have a Greentastic Evening:)

The height you must set your plants to flower at or have to Supper Crop your plants is determined by the maximum available height between the highest height the light source is movable to and the space available for plant growth from the height of the plants soil at the pot rim. I use commercially available solid or cloth pots that have a lower profile instead of 5 gallon buckets which offer less available room for plant growth due to the height of the bucket. I would change your lighting schedule to flower now or plan on Supper Cropping your plants to reduce the maximum height your plants will stretch during flower.

I got a small reprieve on my lighting situation... I removed the pallet and all of the shims I was using to equal the girls height. I figured my HPS/MH light fully deflects my light meter from 5 feet away (I think this is 10k lumins?) so there shouldn't be any problem with light getting to my shorter girls?
The whole problem is ONE of the AK-49 autos is far outgrowing all the rest of my girls. I can't top it because it's already getting buds all over it. It has a really high center cola.
I know all I'm really doing right now is delaying the inevitable! :)
Look in the dictionary for "winging it" and there's a picture of my grow! LOL

Great move, Beateo. The smaller plants should have no problem getting light, IMO. Heck I've kept my light at nearly the same height since the start. Young plants/clones need the extra distance so they aren't fried. Now that I'm mid-bloom, my gals are getting close to too close (about 12" away). But with the cool tube sucking the heat away, they seem fine - no burning or bleaching. I did raise my light once at the stretch.

Have a great weekend, bro!

I'm caught up now. The auto's look so bushy! Any idea how big the root system is? And I was probably the one who suggested the 90% humidity for clones, I remember reading it from a reputable journal on this site somewhere, figure it is legit information and kinda makes sense

Back
Top Bottom