Onthe420train's 420 Grow

OK So I didn't get around to the cloning - just too many clones already going I need to take about 30 more though from the plants I just put on the table and other veg plants but it will have to wait until I'm ready.

SM802.jpg

my new meter - today pH 6.1 EC 2.5

Came into my tent to day to find my dual arc bulb broken! Cheap manufacturing it didnt't last long at all. The sodium tube just broke off of the filament inside but the metal halide tube still intact... bulbs trash now anyways sort of a bummer I used it about 4 days before it broke.

nutrients are switched at this point I have part of a nute blend floranova bloom left in my bottle so I will use the rest of my FN bloom next res change and top off with maxi bloom, koolbloom. tonight I'm treating all of the plants with mycorrhizae and then sea kelp. I haven't changed the reservoir in 11 days so now is a good time to add some myco and sea kelp and run it through before I change the reservoir very soon. I'll probably do 2 tablespoons subculture m and then water, and then a few ounces of growmore sea kelp and water a few hours later.

The mycorrhizae and sea kelp are to help roots grow. Mycorrhizae is fungus that colonizes root systems to help them establish and flourish and the sea kelp is a high potassium organic that is perfect for helping roots grow.

The ease of use of the Milwaukee SM802 was worth the price tag. also ordered a few cheapies to hold me over if I ever have problems again. Luckily enough my PPM and pH are perfect... I freehand guessed cal-mag and maxibloom and my ppm is a little higher than I would have set so I'll be backing it off when I add the sea kelp solution.

btw my post yesterday says
pH 6.1 EC 2.5 but I just took a reading pH 6.3 EC 2.27 so its hard to say if they ate a bit last night or if I might have forgot that it was 2.5 not 2.25

yea I have GH subculture and plant revolution plant success which is for direct application. but I used the GH stuff 2nite and will use the sea kelp in the morning when the lights come on. not using any bacteria it scurrs me but the myco I know I can trust. lol.

420 post, toking and posting... hahhaha

yea I have GH subculture and plant revolution plant success which is for direct application. but I used the GH stuff 2nite and will use the sea kelp in the morning when the lights come on. not using any bacteria it scurrs me but the myco I know I can trust. lol.

420 post, toking and posting... hahhaha

Haha, why does the bacteria "scare" you?

Oh wow so you're using it regularly, eh? I use it on clones when they root and plants that are rooting/transplanting and maybe once a month or a couple weeks... I guess the microbes don't live longer than a few weeks but the stuff is fairly pricy and I figure a little goes a long way if I have to feed them too hahaa.

Yes, I feed the M at the beginning of the week and the B at the end, w/ 1 tablespoon of molasses per gallon every watering.

I'm wondering, does too much light slow the plants growth?\

I'll post a pic in my thread.

y'know I wondered the same thing with my 1,000w and I think that a mix spectrum would ensure you are growing. maybe toss in some 6500k CFL for good measure... my conclusion was that if it burns or heat stresses the plant too much HPS causes problems but if the plants are just taking in the light without taking physical damage than there can't be too much light... there can be too little CO2 though which would inhibit photosynthesis if there isn't good gas exchange with outside air.

lookin out for that picture.

gah like a 1/2 or 1/4 oz of GOOD DANK trim MOLDED I am not that happy about it but I still have a lot of it left.... gotta make sure I don't do that next time I put it all in a pitcher and forgot about it in the closet forgot to spread it out and dry it so it wouldn't mold.... oh well at least its only some of it.

Well the burn is not very bad... it affected mostly the plants who had not already lost their oldest set of fan leaves to temporary N deficiency. Oh well, its not getting any worse and the upper leaves are barely affected at all at the tips.

Looks good man. Didn't realize you were in a tent...is that a Homebox? Been thinking about upgrading. How is it with the light tightness?

-Ideally I would like one that had a center divider so I could have 12hr and a 16 hr sides.

Back
Top Bottom