Onthe420train's 420 Grow

its prime dude. there is no light making it into my tent - if I unzip a necklength and stick my head in I can keep overhead light in room on and do other things (update journal) without the light making it in at all. I bought the homebox seconds appx $150 shipped. It is incredibly high quality durable material and you can barely notice the lack of reflectivity if you have an efficient reflector. If you really want to buy mylar and line it with some alum tape but I'm too lazy and cheap to do that I just keep it like it is and its kinda shiny but sub-par to the standard reflective 4x4 on ebay. However for the quality of workmanship and strength and rigor of the steel poles I think its a worthy adversary.

dont think it has a center divider although you could custom install one maybe... and why 16 hr wouldn't you run 18? some strains will flower at 16

Yea I let some fool convince me running a smaller fan at a higher speed is more efficient and better than running a larger fan at a lower speed (as I had reasoned) and decided that running a 4" fan like I am isn't quite enough for the space. 6" should cut down on noise and increase air flow. its also plastic which should cut down on noise even more... just need a pair of 6-4" reducers to fit it into my filter and duct but I'm getting a bigger filter soon too... which I need pretty bad.

Yea I let some fool convince me running a smaller fan at a higher speed is more efficient and better than running a larger fan at a lower speed (as I had reasoned) and decided that running a 4" fan like I am isn't quite enough for the space. 6" should cut down on noise and increase air flow. its also plastic which should cut down on noise even more... just need a pair of 6-4" reducers to fit it into my filter and duct but I'm getting a bigger filter soon too... which I need pretty bad.

yes, bigger fan is always more efficient. an 8" and an 8" to 6" from homedepot is the best way I believe. 4" is loud". The faster that fan turns, the more turbulence, thus more air.

so check this plant out:
I'm like 75% sure this is OG18 x Skunk because I found that tag in its pot... but it could be something else becuase I really am bad at keeping track unless I can recognize them. This one looks pretty skunky. It also resembles my known LA Confidential X Skunk so pretty confident its OG18 just a dif pheno than the other one (which is much less 'fingery')
180deg turn

and this one:
I am pretty sure this is a bagseed cross between a g13 labs pineapple express and a feminized dutch passion mazar. or a self pollenated mazaar because it looks more like mazar than pe.

I'm pretty stoked about moving up to a 1 gallon milk jug for size comparison on the OG hahaha.

o ya here the smart pot the OG is in,
OGxSKUNK5.JPG

transplanted them into those not very long ago.... worked pretty well I'll say.

depends on your setup, but I would be fucking pleased if my entire tray was full of roots, that would be a good thing.

thats why I was confused about people discussing the "air pruning" of the roots cuz they should just grow through, but whatever you think they 'should' do is up to you and your setup.

depends on your setup, but I would be fucking pleased if my entire tray was full of roots, that would be a good thing.

thats why I was confused about people discussing the "air pruning" of the roots cuz they should just grow through, but whatever you think they 'should' do is up to you and your setup.

Yeah, I thought the purpose of smart pots was to air prune the roots. I thought about getting them myself but opted for chemical pruning with MicroKote treated pots. Seems to have worked really well with my plants. I upcanned yesterday, and there weren't any "pot bound" plants...the roots were not circling the pots, but the root system had grown so that I was watering every other day.
You should check out the microkote, all you do is paint it on the sides of your pots, it is very effective as far as I can tell. I should have posted pics of the roots when I transplanted. Here is a link to the site that sells it. They don't have it listed on the page, but they sell small cans of it for like 10-15$, its worth a shot imo. Just call the guy and ask for it.

hmmm yeah spin out and stuff I've heard of. well I'm not really worried about root circling. once they are finished I'll just dry it all up and toss the roots in the trash. then I guess a washing machine cycle is good to clean up the smartpot and reuse it. plus the primary advantage to that copper spray stuff is that you can leave your plant int he pot for a much longer time than you could if it were in a regular pot - where you'd have to transplant every once in a while. my cycles are quick enough that I wouldn't see a huge benefit - I don't do long veg times.

Thanks,
I am currently doing an experimental nutrients blend composed of dry nutes... Maxibloom, potassium nitrate, maxigro. there some floranova still in there because I didn't empty and scrub just added a blend. I'm gonna try it for about a week and see if I like the rate of growth and I might have to change the ratio up if its not working out great... I have a feeling my phosphate level is a lil bit low but not quite sure so I might toss in some more of the Maxibloom.

man in a month once these monsters are finished I can really throw a ton of clones on there and flower them fast... which will be dope as I anticipate a moderate harvest every couple weeks. I am going to plant two to four small clones per smart pot and fill the reservoir. also will be covering the whole tray. clones are going to be rooted, vegged for 1 or 2 week so they grow a new node or 2, and flowered.

Back
Top Bottom