Onthe420train's 420 Grow

Ok thanks for the reminder. It is all relative to itself hahaha I've noticed that about hydro. But this is well below where I did get some tip burn earlier.

Yea I had a messy mix of maxibloom, maxigro, floranova bloom and grow, some flore, cal-mag, kno3, and other stuff (sea kelp and myco) in my res and hadn't changed it in 3 weeks so it was time. I just think there was way too much N in it.

I think that the ratio I have just set should be pretty good but won't be surprised if I start losing old growth. I'll add more cal-mag. Or if I get Mg def (should be about 64ppms Mg in the res) I'l add epsom salt.

Guess time will show us.

What ratios do you run for veg and flower? Veg I think is like 2-1-1.5 and flower 1-2-3 but those are crude guesstimates and I haven't calculated them in the past, just sorta followed the directions on previous grows.

N - P - K - Ca - Mg
1.5 - 0.8 - 2 - 1.2 - 0.5 Veg
1.5 - 1.0 - 3 - 1.2 - 0.5 Flower

Sorry to plug my grow but I am running just my straight formula in my Purple Kush grow. In the future to this I will add Fulvic acid and a kelp based product (liquid karma or floralicious plus or something like that). I am also interested in Chitan. Looks like it has a lot of positive effects on plants but no one uses it. GH and AN have products that use it but they don't seem that popular.

:peace:

Shout out to the people:

GE currently has an energy star compliance sale going on... IDK if its available everywhere but I just bought some super cheap light fixtures with T8 bulbs.... couldn't find any T5 ones that were on sale because its only for "decorative linear fluorescent" fixtures which means they have a lens... easy to remove. Anyways, $12 off of a $20 fixture leaves me $7 for bulbs... super cheap.

124 w of 4ft T8 (4x32w) added to veg. 9600 lumens of 6500K
cost: 18.95*2 fixtures+6.95*2 two pack bulbs = 38+14 = 52 + 10% sales tax = 57 - 24 (two $12 off coupons) =
~$23 final cost

Using them to cover about 16 sq ft of veg space.

110w T5 HO is on hydroponic blueberry and kalichakra mothers

124w 4xT8s are on clones, starts, autos, and potted mothers.

Clone tray will get 2x14w T5 @ 2700k for rooting. when I get it set up again.

so my veg will be running a total of under 300w.

Flowering runs 600 hps, 80 uvb, and about 150w in fans, also pump, so close 1000w in flowering.

N - P - K - Ca - Mg
1.5 - 0.8 - 2 - 1.2 - 0.5 Veg
1.5 - 1.0 - 3 - 1.2 - 0.5 Flower

Sorry to plug my grow but I am running just my straight formula in my Purple Kush grow. In the future to this I will add Fulvic acid and a kelp based product (liquid karma or floralicious plus or something like that). I am also interested in Chitan. Looks like it has a lot of positive effects on plants but no one uses it. GH and AN have products that use it but they don't seem that popular.

I've taken a whooole lot of chemistry in college...are you talking about chitin - the component of shellfish exoskeletons and eggshells or chelates? I'm not sure what chitin would do for the plants, but chelates make elements more available to the plants allowing you to use less nutes...you can actually make your own chelated nute mixtures by buying compounds that form chelates with your specific nute and then just adding them to you mix...

I'm not sure if they use them in nutrients but it would be great for someone who mixes their own nute from N-P-K and whatever else. Google chelation, it should tell you everything you need to know.

Hey Kiwiking, yes I mean the bi-product of the component of shellfish exoskeletons. Check out the wiki page on Chitosan. It increase photosynthesis, promotes and enhances plant growth, stimulates nutrient uptake, increases germination and sprouting and boosts plant vigor. Sounds like it does a lot of things that seaweed and Humates do. With the popularity of the later two (basically every hormonal bud booster ie. liquid karma, floralicious plus) I would think that chitosan would be another product that would be in a lot of additives. GH and AN do have products with it in them just haven't seen it more main stream yet and I am wondering why. I am also curious if there is a synergistic effect with these products ie. does kelp and humic/fulvic acid together have better yields than the sum increase do to kelp and humic/fulvic acid separate.

Just trying to get the most bang for my buck and so far I think it is my salt mix (which does have chelated micros) too which will be adding a top quality fulvic acid (because I am hydro) and top quality kelp product.

lol sorry train hopefully you don't mind this ramble in your thread.

NP man I've always used sea kelp additive. liquefied or extract. high potassium content. great for strong seedlings and clones.

advantage of floranova is it had carb, acids, and organic compounds in it already but I'm not too worried about losing them. how much difference do you notice?

I definitely noticed a big difference in the plant I flushed versus the plants I did not flush. I flushed one plant with just plain water for a week. even after the rest cured for a week, once dry the flushed one tasted better than the dried + cured for a week buds that weren't flushed.

Ya I think kelp is great! Always notice a difference when I use it. In terms of floranova I think GH makes it seem or people infer that there is a lot more good stuff in it than I think there is. Humic acid is an organic compound, an acid and contain carbohydrates (fulvic acid more so than humic acid). Therefore because they add humic acid they can say it has all these qualities when basically it is salt fertilizer mixed with humic acid. That is my take on it from reading the label.

There is a difference if flushing. I had to chop one girl down early from my Cindy99 grow and my patient was not to happy with how harsh it was. Hopefully have fixed that problem and won't have it happen again. Would be interesting to see if there is actually a difference in the chemical constituents of a flushed plant vs. non-flushed plant.

Hey Kiwiking, yes I mean the bi-product of the component of shellfish exoskeletons. Check out the wiki page on Chitosan. It increase photosynthesis, promotes and enhances plant growth, stimulates nutrient uptake, increases germination and sprouting and boosts plant vigor. Sounds like it does a lot of things that seaweed and Humates do. With the popularity of the later two (basically every hormonal bud booster ie. liquid karma, floralicious plus) I would think that chitosan would be another product that would be in a lot of additives. GH and AN do have products with it in them just haven't seen it more main stream yet and I am wondering why. I am also curious if there is a synergistic effect with these products ie. does kelp and humic/fulvic acid together have better yields than the sum increase do to kelp and humic/fulvic acid separate.

Just trying to get the most bang for my buck and so far I think it is my salt mix (which does have chelated micros) too which will be adding a top quality fulvic acid (because I am hydro) and top quality kelp product.

lol sorry train hopefully you don't mind this ramble in your thread.

I'm wondering if you could buy chitosan powder and simply add it to you water? I saw that they sell it as a diet aid, but it has lots of Ca and P in it.

well honestly from lookin @ the FN bottle you can't even gather that much information... it used to mention the humic acid that is in it but not anymore. it just declares the fertilizer salt combination. just by looking @ it you can see it has some kind of pureed organic pewp that likes to settle at the bottom and it does definitely have the humic acid, that is what it used to say on the bottle. Also p sure it has some sort of concentrated version of nectar.

these bitches looked pretty good on a 2-1-3 for a week but now I'm gonna try something a little different and run
125 N
375 P
350 K
125 Ca
100 Mg
125 S

I'm hoping this will influence alot more fattening... just pure maxi bloom. I'm gonna see how it works

wellllllllll

big change I actually just decided to swank the big plants off the table (they are still in the tent) and swap a bunch of clones / smaller plants from veg onto the table to expedite budding processes and get more yields. It works out because the strains that were on the table are partway through flowering. Can be hand watered a grip of times before they are flushed and finished in about 2-3 weeks.

My finished product is always really hairy does that say anything about the growing? I think the buds could be swelling more maybe thats why they are so hairy and not larger... although this last plant has very nice dense nuggets so its hard to say. But they're also very hairy... maybe I should let them swell more. I have the super hairy buds.

DSCF00369.JPG

DSCF00358.JPG

DSCF003410.JPG

DSCF003211.JPG

DSCF00296.JPG

DSCF00305.JPG

DSCF003310.JPG

Oh, yea I think its strain and early harvest related. the calyxes are pretty huge on the buds in those pics but the resolution kinda hard to see em. They are nice looking. looks like 14 ounces plus for the first harvest.

as you can see the super lemon haze and hashplant haze are particularly immature.

Looking good Train.....the second picture down has a plant with some thick looking buds on that main stem. How many plants are in this grow?

Back
Top Bottom