Rastas' First Grow

Thanks guys! I'm really getting into this now. It's so rewarding.

I harvested the Jack Herer and White Widow last night.

420-magazine-mobile1692961940.jpg

Jack Herer:

There's not much on her, but plenty to be able to have a good run anyhow. I'd like to use his as a morning strain. I have four more germinating as we speak.

420-magazine-mobile1176648052.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1753486705.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2100851045.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2027034041.jpg

White Widow:

420-magazine-mobile264919980.jpg

420-magazine-mobile787579980.jpg

420-magazine-mobile367880896.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1362270453.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2103633958.jpg

The WW's colours at the end of ten weeks are so dark. I mentioned this in another post, but it makes me wonder if this is why Shantibaba named the original strain the Black Widow.

You can see the WW harvest in the background of the last photo. Not too bad. Maybe an ounce when dry?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey, Rasta....welcome to 420....I'm a noob as well....growing Candy Cane as my first grow....happy growing and look forward to checking in with you....show smoe pics ask some questions be positive and have fun:thumb:
I'm growing candy cane as well, from crop king? Lol good bank.

One Hit Wonder.

I've been smoking some top notch Girl Scout Cookies from BC Bud Depot I got from a pretty damn good grower in my area. Anyhow, four ounces in and onto a different plant (same taste and smell, a little different in the colours and hair department) and I'm breaking up a bud when out drops a big fat juicy seed. A very healthy looking specimen indeed! I managed to find about 12 and there are for sure more in there. I don't know what happened, but she either hermied, or my other guess is that he used CS to get a bunch of seeds before he switched strains. I'm in the process of finding out. So, now I'll be germinating a bunch of these too! Ah, so many strains!

The outdoor ladies...

420-magazine-mobile534016257.jpg

Well, I hope the HK is a female.

They've just been put outside where they received their first dose of sunshine. They spent a lot of the afternoon in the shade.

Fingers crossed! I won't do a journal about these or my next grow, but I will put photos up.

They popped the surface a month ago, so today is their first day of vegetation.

Okay, so it turns out I got 17g from the Super Skunk. It smokes beautifully now and has a strong perfume-like aroma when exhaled, but the smell of the bud curing? Smells terrible. I guess that's why Shantibaba calls his Skunk #1 'Shit'.

Lol

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hi there, I am also trying to grow in SL, if you have have any suggestions/advice I would greatly appreciate it. So far I have lost 6 seeds (3 to nutrient burn and 3 did not germinate). I am running out of seeds and love some advice.
TIA

Hi there, I am also trying to grow in SL, if you have have any suggestions/advice I would greatly appreciate it. So far I have lost 6 seeds (3 to nutrient burn and 3 did not germinate). I am running out of seeds and love some advice.
TIA

Really need more info but seedlings should not be getting any nutes, not until at least week 3, the soil should have all it needs. How are you Germanating? Soak in water for 24 hours, then put in moist paper towel in a warm dark area and root should show up in 2-3 days. Good luck.

I was growing in canada with no problems (18hr soak, folded in paper towels, and kept moist in a warm dark, ventilated room). In Sri Lanka I tried coir as a medium (but was not told fertilizer was added) so all 3 died of nutrient burn? Got another supply of coir (and was told fertilizer was not added) but i dont know how much i can trust them. I am also not sure of using just coir or 1/3 coir, 1/3 sand, and 1/3 soil. I was not going to add nutrients till 3rd week. I got a farm supplier to mix up a 5-15-14 fertilizer mix (it seemed the the best mix from internet research) but I am unsure of the dosage - and i really cant ask the supplier as it is very illegal here. I grow jack herer, amnesia haze, and train wreck (all high sativa as that helps best for my depression/anxiety/social phobia and i hate meds). Any help would be great!
Thanks

I am only on my 2nd grow so not the best person to give advice. I'd say don't give any nutes until at least week 3 no matter what the medium is and after 3 weeks dilute it at 1/4 strength. Not sure why germinating isn't working. What I would suggest is starting your own journal, include all the details, put a link in your signature then visit some other journals and make comments or ask for help. This journal is completed so it may not get a lot of traffic. Good luck!

It doesn't have to be that difficult to germinate. You should have near 100% with stable hybrids.

Do this. Buy a tray of Eazy Plugs, pop your seeds in the holes, pour pH'd water over the plugs (anywhere between 5-7) and cover in a humidity dome. Keep them warm and dark and in a couple of days they'll all have popped the surface. Put them under a T5 and watch them thrive!

If you want to get fancy, put some microbes in the water with some kelp and a drop of Super Thrive.

Great success!

I add nutrients when they tell me they need it. Don't guess. Just wait. Less is more. It might me a month before I add NPK. 500PPM max.

Everyone seems to want to make things difficult. It's not that hard - just frustrating and fiddly! It takes time invested.

Do not judge my first grow as to the grower I am now. I may have some pics soon that show you how far I have progressed.

yeah, I had no problems germinating earlier, just when i got here. I cant use the eazy plugs as my supplier has some strict guidelines about how to germinate. I have started a new batch (fingers crossed). I normally dont add any nutes until the 3rd-4th week. I am hoping you could answer a few questions (if you have the time). What nutrients are you using? Are they locally available, if so what is the name? what is the npk ratio of the nutes? What growing medium are you using?
TIA

Don't worry about what your supplier says about how to germinate. Just stick to the plugs. They stay wet, but not too wet, and hug the seedlings firmly.

I couldn't get some wild bag seed from Asia to germinate no matter what I did. As soon as I used plugs, I had a problem of WAY too many seedlings. I had to throw a bunch out.

I use Canna products because they were recommended by the bloke at my hydro store - BEFORE my first grow. Just pick a line that doesn't contain any PGRs and you'll be good to go. Advanced Nutrients is a popular one, but if you're starting out I'd go with General Hydroponics or something cheap because you're gonna make mistakes. I will go with Advanced Nutrients once I run out of the Canna line up I have. Honestly though, it really comes down to grower talent. No nutrients will make your crops explode if you don't know how to grow.

I use coco for indoor. I have some outdoors going that are nearly 4ft tall in 2 gallon smart pots that I feed nothing but kelp and when the leaves start yellowing I dose them with $7 fertilizer, the one with the tomatoes on the front. These are in organic soil with perlite. Also, they're three months old and they've been fed maybe TWICE!

Use your PPM/EC meter once you mix your nutrients. Start at 500PPM for your veg and work on up from there. Some strains need barely any nutrients, while others just gobble it all up (same goes for watering), which is why it is also a good idea to just run one strain.

I see you said you were growing in Sri Lanka. I have some Ganja growing now. It's a beautiful sativa. I got it from a dealer when I was there and kept the seeds. Only one Seedbank sells them online and they're near $20 a seed if I recall.

I normally us GH products, but i can not seem to find any, and online shipping is way to expensive, thats why i was hoping i could find local nutes. I forgot to bring my ppm/ec meter (I have ordered a new one but i am stuck until it arrives). I will also use coir. Thanks for the help and more advice you have would be great!

thanks

Back
Top Bottom