Onthe420train's 420 Grow

thanks, been pretty bad about updating this journal in the last weeks just because of time constraints and new found hobbies

there are about 12 to 15 larger plants from seed with buds on them, I forget exactly, and about 20 smaller plants (few seeds, mostly clones) that are just starting to bud under 12/12. I take lots of clones whenever I put a plant in flower and just regularly, try to keep plenty around.

anyone ever have a problem with ants in their grow? little sugar ants... I put out avermectin traps thinking borax would be better but it seems like there were either eggs in the soil less from the store or the ants came in from outside some how but they are in the grow tent.

Thanks yea they're still super green I am cutting them anyways because there are new ones in the space that will hopefully yield comparably or better. Most of the pics I see of plants at harvest have dead/dying leaves and huge swollen calyx buds mine have smaller calyxes and are very green all around on the leafs. The trichs are cloudy though and I'd rather not have a smoke that makes me want to sit around all day. Either way the nugs are definitely solid.

da doo doo doo I only have 3 more plants to cut.

My pure sativas were very disappointing. The super lemon haze grew 5 ft tall and I neglected to water it because of the strange spot I put it in the back corner of the tent because well the damn thing is just too big. And the hashplant haze grew like chopsticks with little buds I think I pulled a quarter or half off of that one and expect to get similar from the SLH. The HLH is really nice smoke though I really like the high and I'm sure the SLH will give me the same. I want to work on my sativa growing I think a different setup would be ideal for those genetics because I try to keep it under 4ft.

The indica dom and kush/skunk plants, however, yielded pretty well and I have large nugs aplenty that are jar curing. its really nice ganj, ppl that smoke it concur that it really hits the spot on the dank factor. I think the 80watts of UV-B kicks in a little extra THC production which makes the high unique for some. I would definitely recommend DNA genetics to anyone looking to grow some large cola plants in SoG although perhaps a more stable pack of seeds would produce better uniformity. There was only one large outlier in the DNA bunch (15 free seeds from Attitude).

Pretty sure the dankest weed in there was the World of Seeds Afghan Kush Special, however. It is reallllly just amazingly nice and dank weed covered in trichomes gets everyone who smokes it really damn high. It gets me really damn high. that says something because I smoke a load. If you aren't into things that might be on the edge, the AK Special is GMO (genetically modified). I think it has to be a good thing because this stuff is amazingly sticky and even smells amazing.

Other than that I started that other crop in the tent around 2-09 and they seem to have finished the stretch and are flowering out now. Some dank plants have a very high yielding blue hash plant with big big nugs and some large trainwreck plants in there and just waiting for them to finish in the next 5-6 weeks. A few of the clones didn't keep up when they got shadowed by the SLH and that is unfortunate about 3 had to be removed and 2 or 3 are still really short, but trying to catch up. Hopefully they'll make a nug or two lols. I'm not short on table space though just on canopy space... which is not ideal. I would much rather have the table be full and the canopy be sparse so there are many more roots. I didn't bother transplanting this wave into smart pots but I will do that in the future. After this crop the whole setup is going into storage for the summer maybe longer. prolly still going to grow autoflowering plants under my T5HO but all my T5s and HIDs are going with the tent.

ok now I'm motivated and gonna get some pictures of curing buds up for you guys very soon. I'll try to do high res but the lighting in here is moderately bunk. Anyways, see for yourself the dankness of the buds.

SHMOKE BLUNTS PPLSZ!

da doo doo doo I only have 3 more plants to cut.

My pure sativas were very disappointing. The super lemon haze grew 5 ft tall and I neglected to water it because of the strange spot I put it in the back corner of the tent because well the damn thing is just too big. And the hashplant haze grew like chopsticks with little buds I think I pulled a quarter or half off of that one and expect to get similar from the SLH. The HLH is really nice smoke though I really like the high and I'm sure the SLH will give me the same. I want to work on my sativa growing I think a different setup would be ideal for those genetics because I try to keep it under 4ft.

The indica dom and kush/skunk plants, however, yielded pretty well and I have large nugs aplenty that are jar curing. its really nice ganj, ppl that smoke it concur that it really hits the spot on the dank factor. I think the 80watts of UV-B kicks in a little extra THC production which makes the high unique for some. I would definitely recommend DNA genetics to anyone looking to grow some large cola plants in SoG although perhaps a more stable pack of seeds would produce better uniformity. There was only one large outlier in the DNA bunch (15 free seeds from Attitude).

Pretty sure the dankest weed in there was the World of Seeds Afghan Kush Special, however. It is reallllly just amazingly nice and dank weed covered in trichomes gets everyone who smokes it really damn high. It gets me really damn high. that says something because I smoke a load. If you aren't into things that might be on the edge, the AK Special is GMO (genetically modified). I think it has to be a good thing because this stuff is amazingly sticky and even smells amazing.

Other than that I started that other crop in the tent around 2-09 and they seem to have finished the stretch and are flowering out now. Some dank plants have a very high yielding blue hash plant with big big nugs and some large trainwreck plants in there and just waiting for them to finish in the next 5-6 weeks. A few of the clones didn't keep up when they got shadowed by the SLH and that is unfortunate about 3 had to be removed and 2 or 3 are still really short, but trying to catch up. Hopefully they'll make a nug or two lols. I'm not short on table space though just on canopy space... which is not ideal. I would much rather have the table be full and the canopy be sparse so there are many more roots. I didn't bother transplanting this wave into smart pots but I will do that in the future. After this crop the whole setup is going into storage for the summer maybe longer. prolly still going to grow autoflowering plants under my T5HO but all my T5s and HIDs are going with the tent.

ok now I'm motivated and gonna get some pictures of curing buds up for you guys very soon. I'll try to do high res but the lighting in here is moderately bunk. Anyways, see for yourself the dankness of the buds.

SHMOKE BLUNTS PPLSZ!

Long time Train! Kudos on a terrific report. I like the way you wrote and the positive results ya got from the addition of the UV-B. I've got a mix in my grow also and seeing your great results gives me great hope!

Afghan Kush Special huh, I'd love to try some of your sh*t Man! Sounds like just what I need! Great job with that grow and can't wait to see pics of the 'stash' and the young'ins.

:passitleft: Smoke one for me!

with 9 days to go until 4/20 all the buds are really nicely dried and curing and still waiting for pics... I just don't have very good lighting anywhere where the curings and dryings going down but I will load the pics. The next crop is pretty inferior to the last in yield but I think it is equivalent in quality. They look real dank and frosty already, and are fattening up nicely for the next few weeks before harvest 2.

other updates: next grow will be SoG DWC in the same tent setup without the table. going to sell the table for a couple bux to put back into equipment. The DWC will be mostly tubs, I have four 18 gallon tubs and 20 netcups to work with so I'm thinking 4 or 5 per tub and then also going to run a few buckets just to run comparison and try some different things - all the clones are Mandala Kalichakra as it is my healthy surviving mother. And its female for sure. I am currently making a bunch of clones and will get a bunch more going pretty soon. Not doing the plant more seeds and make more clones than I need strategy I used before. and I have the genetics I want. I might even try to reveg a few of these I cut so I can keep some genetics.

Oya next grow will be worthy of a new journal as it is in a new location and new equipment. And new genetics. have a lot of strains to choose from and need to start the mothers soon so I'm going to go ahead and start the new journal thread for my summer indoor. was playing with the idea of fluorescent but might as well rig up the 600w I mean why not.

bam link

finally got around to taking a pic so I whip out the bone dry nugs and lo and behold several of my large beauties had some powdery white mold / bud rot going on. I have a little over a quarter pound left, having already gone through 3 to 4 ounces. I didn't do a very good job of harvesting / drying / curing / inventorying because I just mixed all the strains up and I got some bud mold on my biggest nuggers. Its a super bummer I know how it happened too, the room I am drying in is simply too humid and I need to store the mary jane somewhere less humid. Oh well, live and learn, I haven't had mold problems before and it is a small amount of my large harvest, but it is still kind of a bummer / concerning. I processed it pretty well though to sift all of the bad parts out and keep only the clean marijuana. This white mold stuff is gross, I think it is also growing in my actual garden on top of my soil. I thought it was just nutrients settling but it is definitely mold. I may harvest early and shut down shop to get rid of it ASAP.

I will not go through another harvest without a de-humidifier though, I know that for sure. the weather in my area is constantly over 70% humidity outside.

picture of the beauties
UNFORTUNATELY only two of those big nugs remain intact and mold free, the other 3 have been chopped up and mold discarded for a total loss of just under a half ounce.

rsz_dscf0042.jpg

thanx man ya bud rot and powdery mildews a bummer, pretty sure they are about the same thing

The problem definitely came in at the drying and curing process - removing leafs without removing the stems is probably the perpetrator. the one that didn't rot had all the leaf-stems removed. IDK tho also just the wetness, I thought they were dry and put them in a jar and they were still wet the next day. Shoulda brought em back out and such but just tried letting them dry more with the lid open. Oh welllllll. thinking about like simmer-frying it in oil hot enough to kill the fungus, then using that to make some brownies. worth a shot, plus some people would definitely want to try them anyways

thanx man ya bud rot and powdery mildews a bummer, pretty sure they are about the same thing

The problem definitely came in at the drying and curing process - removing leafs without removing the stems is probably the perpetrator. the one that didn't rot had all the leaf-stems removed. IDK tho also just the wetness, I thought they were dry and put them in a jar and they were still wet the next day. Shoulda brought em back out and such but just tried letting them dry more with the lid open. Oh welllllll. thinking about like simmer-frying it in oil hot enough to kill the fungus, then using that to make some brownies. worth a shot, plus some people would definitely want to try them anyways

Tell me Train, the powdery mildew is if you get it on your fingers, does it look or feel like a white talc powder

I've had bagweed that when you opened up the bud or pulled it apart (was pressed together) It was a very light color inside almost white and slightly powdery. Is that the powdery mold. I've had the brown rot before on my outdoor from the moisture and cool nights, but that sh*t is different.

well I think its probably powdery mildew, it looks like a spider webby white mold and yea it looks like white powder if you scrape or knock it off.

if you google image search for bud rot its like that but not nearly as bad and brown, its still kinda light greenish to white where the mold is but its obviously infected.

well I think its probably powdery mildew, it looks like a spider webby white mold and yea it looks like white powder if you scrape or knock it off.

if you google image search for bud rot its like that but not nearly as bad and brown, its still kinda light greenish to white where the mold is but its obviously infected.

Thanks buddy I hae to google it like you said. I searched the other day and my search took me to some of the 'other' mj sites, well if your not a member, you don't get to see the photos! I got tired of coming up empty and finally gave up!

Back
Top Bottom