Onthe420train's 420 Grow

so here is how this OG18 developed over the last week

OG18_X_skunk.JPG

2-15

OGxSKUNK1.JPG

2-22

I'm not really sure whether I'm gettin it right or not. maybe there is too much nitrogen? the buds are growing a little oddly. I don't really remember what was in the reservoir when I left a combination of floranova, maxibloom, and maxigro, and cal mag, no doubt. it doesn't look to nitrogened or over-nuted, maybe slightly. the EC was pretty high yesterday. fixed it to 1.9 or so.

Yeah, I thought the purpose of smart pots was to air prune the roots. I thought about getting them myself but opted for chemical pruning with MicroKote treated pots. Seems to have worked really well with my plants. I upcanned yesterday, and there weren't any "pot bound" plants...the roots were not circling the pots, but the root system had grown so that I was watering every other day.
You should check out the microkote, all you do is paint it on the sides of your pots, it is very effective as far as I can tell. I should have posted pics of the roots when I transplanted. Here is a link to the site that sells it. They don't have it listed on the page, but they sell small cans of it for like 10-15$, its worth a shot imo. Just call the guy and ask for it.

Hey man so I was giving the air pruning more though and it still is working with my plants because its not that the plant roots just don't grow through its that if they die they are pruned and you don't have dead roots in the container. Thats what the point of the air pruning is.

Damnnn kid! Those are nice friggin colas. Wow awesome budsshots! Keep up the :goodjob: Fantastic genetics too.. :yummy:

+rep

dro:reading420magazine:

I had a terrible nightmare when I went back to sleep this morning. My plants had webs and egg sacks all over and there were bugs... big nasty bugs.... but it wasn't real. Guess I should lay off the hobbit leaf :smokin:

Haha, as I was reading the post and the line about the eggs I was thinking of the Mirkwood forest when the dwarves are captured by the spiders...sure enough you mention the hobbit...great minds think alike. I actually just finished re-reading the hobbit...looking forward to the movie coming out next year.

Hey man so I was giving the air pruning more though and it still is working with my plants because its not that the plant roots just don't grow through its that if they die they are pruned and you don't have dead roots in the container. Thats what the point of the air pruning is.

Hmmm, I'm not too well versed in air pruning as I initially thought it wouldn't suit my needs; may have to give it a go though. You think it would work for my setup?...maybe i'll do a comparison next cycle with the microKote.

You grow looks awesome though man. Thats a nice cola...i was wondering, does it not have any side growth b/c of the sog or did you trim it off? :bravo: (wouldn't let me +rep)

Hmmm, I'm not too well versed in air pruning as I initially thought it wouldn't suit my needs; may have to give it a go though. You think it would work for my setup?...maybe i'll do a comparison next cycle with the microKote.

I think that the microKote is well suited for a mother plant and the smart pot is better suited for a flowering plant. Becuase with the microKote you can leave it in the pot for a long long time and not worry about root circles, sections of dead roots, or root pruning your mother... and with the soil-less smart pot you get root growth that won't circle and die during flower no matter how much you water.

microKote is well suited for your setup because you are watering by hand. The Smart pots are messy to water by hand unless you have a tray or are outside. smart pots are great for ebb and flow though.

Aiight thanx for the support guys - my reservoir wasn't acting right and the buds are developing lengthwise but not fattening up... the result is fingery long buds on the skunk plants and I'm not satisfied so I am emptying and refilling the res with a new solution weaker in N and stronger in P and K

Hey Train remember the EC meter is just an estimate of ppm. You can do very detailed calculations of what a salt mix will read on an EC meter but you need to get each salts electro-conductivity and add them all up. The book Hydroponic Food Production has how to do it.

If you are growing sativa dominate strain the foxtails could just be due to genetics and not enough light. I got a bit of foxtail on my girls (cindy99 is sativa dominate) and that was with adding way more mono-potassium-phosphate as well as overdrive, and pk13-14.

Let us know if you do see a difference with upping the P-K. I am still trying to perfect my formula too and more observations the better.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom