Onthe420train's 420 Grow

I'm fine without a scope.. musikgenman I see what you're saying about DWC. thanks for the reps anyhow but you're missing a big point here! I harvested 11oz off of 3 plants using a rubbermaid last summer, but I would never run DWC in my tent. too many res changes, too much noise, too much work. E&F is way easier to deal with and way less messy even if it does use soil-less mix and containers and the like... easier to clean up too. also I'm not growing big plants so getting 200grams off of 3 plants, while nice, isn't conducive to my setup. I have 20 plants. and one light. if I get 10 grams a plant thats 200 grams... I plan to yield way more than 200 grams. I'm growing with emphasis on two things small plants and quick cycles.

KiwiKing the UV-B lamps probably would give you sun burn if you sat all day under em hahaha. They will make you go blind after prolonged exposure... I still haven't set those up. The clones I harvested were 16-30 inch tall about and getting poor lighting for a while now because the seed plants stretched so tall... one of them is almost to the cieling... sadface. I left the blueberry clone in there to finish and fatten - it doesn't have a ton of bud on it so I want to get a real couch lock sleepy high from it so I can just toke a HIT and be like NNNNNGGGGHHHH you know what I mean? Its absolutely covered in trichs, like they all are, with the largest big blueberry calyxes but there aren't really large buds there are just small berries! Maybe my next run will yield bigger buds - as I'll prune the clones this time around.... the bushy clone thing is NOT a good strategy.

I took some pics so we don't lose track of whats going on in the grow! The 420 crop hasn't been harvested yet it is still in progress. Here are picses.

They haven't been watered in a few daze, I'm waiting on a new pH/EC meter because mine BROKE. Just letting their pots dry out for a day and they will be super hungry when they finally get fed.
420grow.JPG

420grow2.JPG

420grow3.JPG

Next week you'll really be seeing some changes.

Updates on the 4/20 crop

about 1/2 of the strains are still in VEG room just chilling out - the DNA strains (regular seeds) are doing pretty well though! Snapped one of their heads as it was getting way too tall (Sleestack x skunk) and another one is almost too tall (Kandy Kush x Skunk) but the others are o.k. The farthest one at this point is an LA Confidential x Skunk. Don't care for the way skunk grows, but hey I knew that before planting the seeds. At least the smoke will be real good.

yo, its goin good. the old clones are curing and the new seeds are blooming it up. can't wait to harvest my DP BB in a wk. it doesn't have 'colas' tho it barely has buds it was kind of amutant... oh well I revegged a stable mother of it and she will no doubt give consistent clones. I probably coul dhave chopped the clone into being cool but it could have been work the thing has multiple offshoots at every node there are like 4 nodes because it is so mutated... and the main stalk is like 4-stem-thick with many nodes and it didn't develop that well. It looks super frosty and dank but isn't making big nugs... just a few calyxes grouped all over the place - however much it yields it will be dank it is covered in huge trichs - I'll macro it when I get a lil amber on there in a week and a half or 2. the pics are coming. getting some new quips and setup stuff added like smart pots and a new ph/ec tester and nutrients and the like... and trying to get around to watering my veg room but I'm so lazy... hydro being passive is the best thing about it... I need to make a e&f tray for my veg next time but this time around it will do as it is.

I put the dual arc in and jesus christ it is so bright it hurts my eyes to look at. Added cal-mag to combat yellowing going on - a couple plants have lost a pair of fan leafs already. No good, need meter. flushed bb harvesting in 3 to 7 days. trainwrecks are looking particularly heavy and delicious and amazing and I need my meter to really ge tthese things finishing. LACxSKUNK probably has 3-5 weeks left tops its really big covered in buds already but they are not very swollen fat yet. I need the meter to really get em swelling fat budlicious like.

Also I have another tray of clones ready haha... most of my last tray ended up going into a friends basement for a SoG under 400w. I might put some pics up of that setup - its pretty sweet. I think we put 16 clones down in small white square pots like the ones I am using in soil-less mixture and he is using dyna grow on them with metal halide. I planted 8 of the clones in my own veg area.

haha woah I just arranged the plants crazy like I have tons of room now gonna throw most of the vegging plants in there hahah. prob is they'll be about at the limit for distance from 600w but they should pop in flower pretty quick and they will definitely just pop up and bud out nicely

I added today a Hashplant Haze, a Pineapple Express, another LAC x Skunk, a SLH and a Kandy Kush x Skunk as well.

makes a little room under the T5HO

transplanted into 2 gallon smart pots. whole transplanting took about 1.5hrs. transplanted 14 flowering plants and 2 of the plants I just put on flowering cycle tonight... I know they are going to explode in the next 2 weeks as the roots have way more surface area exposure to the nutrients. I also have maxi bloom now which is 5-15-14 and liquid koobloom 0-10-10. Anyone know how I can raise my K without raising my P? I'm just going to go with what I have but I know it would be better with lower phosphates and higher nitrogen and potash. Anyway maxi should be as good as Floranova as far as the chemical contents go. More calcium, magnesium, and sulfur means I won't use as much CalMag unless I need the nitrogen, but lower nitrogen means more likely for nitrogen abuse to go down. CalMag is very handy for its nitrogen content which is the main reason I bought it.

most of the space I created earlier today disappeared when I transplanted into bigger pots but that's ok... essentially I just lined the tall plants around the outside that opened up the middle which was a much bigger area in the square pots.
And pics are coming once I upload.

G13 Pineapple Express x DP Mazar from my friend's garden.
PE_X_MAZAR.JPG

DNA Genetics OG18 x Skunke
OG18_X_skunk1.JPG

Dutch Passion Blueberry clone didn't like its deficiencies hahaha
BLUEBERRY_CLONE4.JPG

and smart pots
SMARTPOTS.JPG

SMARTPOTS2.JPG

and tomorrow I'll get pics of the whole setup with the lights on and some better macros.

Back
Top Bottom