Onthe420train's 420 Grow

I'm making a reservoir of floranova today and then changing nutrient lines to MaxiGro and MaxiBloom

for $35 combined maxigro and maxibloom will produce 500 gallons of fertilizer. one bottle of Floranova will produce roughly 100 gallons for a few dollars left.

see what that costs for a grow - much cheaper.

:yummy:

f10_plants_8.JPG

f10_plants_9.jpg

f10_plants_10.jpg
f10_plants_11.JPG
f10_plants_12.JPG
f10_plants_13.JPG
f10_plants_14.JPG
f10_plants_15.JPG
f10_plants_16.JPG
f10_plants_17.JPG
f10_plants_18.JPG
f10_plants_19.JPG
f10_plants_20.JPG
f10_plants_21.JPG
f10_plants_22.JPG

f10_plants_23.jpg

trichs10.jpg

Thought I'd stop by and give you my regards. Looks like you got a real solid setup. I'll have to do some reading when I get some time.

:peace:

Thanks guys,

ok I just found info on "the stasis photoperiod" for mother plants
Because the flowering response of cannabis is triggered by the duration of the dark phase, it will flower when it receives 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness, but it will not flower with 12 hours of interrupted darkness. Manipulating light timer settings in such a way as to provide 12 hours of light over a 24 hour period, but not permitting 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness to occur, can reduce growth by 25% when compared to the traditional 16 hour vegetative photoperiod without triggering the flowering response. A timer capable of 4 on/off cycles per day, using the settings in the following table, will produce such results.

As you can see from the below graphic, over a 24 hour period these timer settings will provide 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness, but will not trigger flowering because no single dark phase is long enough to do so.
1663615691758.png

Flourescents are recommended for this type of light cycle - I am definitely going to run it in the summer time when it is warm - run 11 hrs at night and then just 3 20 minute interrupts through out the day without the extra heat in the house.

I dunno 12/12 started in dec but then I went up to 16 hr to give more light to the younger plants, they have still been on 12/12 for several weeks though. I think most of the clones are like 4 weeks in at this point. most of the 420 grow is like a week or two in flower I think. They finished most of the stretch and starting to bud.

I dunno 12/12 started in dec but then I went up to 16 hr to give more light to the younger plants, they have still been on 12/12 for several weeks though. I think most of the clones are like 4 weeks in at this point. most of the 420 grow is like a week or two in flower I think. They finished most of the stretch and starting to bud.

4 Weeks?? Wow... Im just puling out of week 3 am mine arnt even close to yours. There forming well, but there still pretty skinny. They havent began to fill in yet.

ayyye well 4 weeks for the smallest of the bunch the largest is probably 6... they were flowering from the start of jan as I switched 12/12 the first time at the end of dec. the 28th on monday. sooo maybe more like 5 weeks? they aren't that big but they do look nice. Except the super lemon haze she was not made for this conditions lol
I think fcking with the light cycle affected some of the plants in producting but not in maturing, if that makes sense. Seems to me some did not put on as much weight as they could have in the time but they still matured as if it wer 12/12 the whole time, even though it went 16/8 15/7 etc. for the seed plants - which worked well with them I got most of them to the perfect height, 1 of them is too tall... and like I said the SLH just wasn't created for these conditions.

Yup so I ended up cutting all of those old clone plants as they had been flowering long enough to give me a decent yield and they're pretty chronic. Gotta say I wasn't overwhelmed with the scissor/finger hash smoke as I have been in the past... probably just because I did not let them mature as much as I could have. It was still nice to smoke the scissor hash - fairly potent. Represented the flavors of the chronic nicely. I left the blueberry to ripen a bit more - its pretty small.

I'll be adding new strains to the flood table from my veg area today - shorter plants are to be situated directly beneath the hps and also off in the corner of the table lit by 3x26w hanging CFL as well.

Also today or tomorrow I'll be hooking up my 2x40w UV-B 10.0 reptile breeding tubes for 80w of UV light in the mix - I think they really like the supp UVB lighting.

6 plants and I have well over 100 grams of fine marijuana.... I think those were ready for cut maybe a week early but probably 40 to 50 days in so a little early but it really made a lot of room and the bud is quite good I vaped some of it though its not quite dry. The 420 grow is going to yield fairly well but I would not do the same thing again using seed plants I would only do it from a mother plant because uniformity is important for a setup like this and it is causing some problems... plants that are stuck in corner lighting end up stretching way tall and one of them is almost grown into the ceiling while barely started flowering.

Almost of their heights are acceptable though 2 or 3 of them are not.

major clonage in prep for next grow went down -
many trainwreck, blueberry, and pineapple express. High yielding and fast finishing potent smokes.

also running afghan kush and kalichakra clones expirementally and hashplant haze as well.

Hey Onthe420Train I love your journal. You done a fantastic job.
After reading it however I'm thinking the same thing Roseman is(I think) Airpump, airstone, a bucket and water. I yielded over 200 grams on 3 plants in the same time frame, and I only change the nutes in transition from veg to flower. Its just that with bubbles the plants get the oxygen and water they need readily available.
Lets take a look at a few other methods.
Ebb and Flow-they get fed water, then fed oxygen...etc.
Soil grows-you water em they drink then they breathe...etc.
Soilless-same as soil.
NFT(nutrient film technique)-fed water and oxygen at same time.(expensive but probably arguably the best method, and definately the most complicated, requiring a bit more skill than the average toker has)
Buckets with bubbles(to oxygenate water)-they have both water and oxygen to absorb at their liesure, they can breath and feed at the same time!
Its no wonder that scientists are looking at hydroponics for growing food in skyscrapers, you get faster growing plants that yield more in a shorter period of time. To me its amazing that the most simple method to grow is also the cheapest, and in my opinion(for indoors) is also the best method, the plants grow more heartily and yield more.
I've had a blast watching your grow. Your doing a great job!
I have a really cheap suggestion to help you from picking the plants too early.
I didn't like this microscope at first but i've learned to respect it.
crappy_microscope.JPG

Its a lighted microscope, I could tell from some of the pics that you had milky trichomes, so they would definately be harvestable. I like many others let it go until at least 25% are amber. If you've ever seen trichomes up close in photos, this thing will show you what stage yours are in. Budz up close and personal are beautiful! This thing was only ten bucks at Radioshack! Its amazing when only half of your plants trichomes are changing color LOL makes you think half the plant is retarded or something. But with one of these microscopes you know for certain when the plant is ready for harvest.

Keep up the great work and reps++:nicethread::popcorn:

Musik :bongrip: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom